Perfect Scheldule?!?

IOAdude

Stress Free: Yeah Right!!
I have spent 2 whole weeks constructing this intensive schedule! My family wants to do IOA and some of the major rides in US. We also want to come back to the PBH in the afternoon for a mid-day break. And still be able to eat at fairly nice resturaunts (I don't want to eat at anything that looks or feels like the Captain America Diner, I dispise that awful hole in the wall!) We are going the IOA and US with FOTL on July 12, 2001. Also do you think that the Xtreme Xventures show deserves a spot on my schedule, I've never seen it? By the way the schedule is in 15 minute intervals.

8:00 Breakfast
8:15 @
8:30 @
8:45 WATER TAXI
9:00 T2-3D
9:15 @
9:30 MIB
9:45 Jaws
10:00 Kong
10:15 Twister
10:30 Hulk
10:45 Hulk
11:00 Hulk
11:15 Spidey
11:30 Dr. Doom
11:45 Dr. Doom
12:00 Blondie's
12:15 @
12:30 J. Park River
12:45 Triceratops Encounter
1:00 J. Park Play Area
1:15 Flying Unicorn
1:30 Flying Unicorn
1:45 Dueling Dragons
2:00 Dueling Dragons
2:15 Posidons Fury**
2:30 HOTEL
2:45 HOTEL
3:00 HOTEL
3:15 HOTEL
3:30 HOTEL
3:45 HOTEL
4:00 HOTEL
4:15 HOTEL
4:30 WATER TAXI BACK
4:45 Bluto Barge
5:00 Me Ship
5:15 D.D. Falls
5:30 Mythos
5:45 @
6:00 @
6:15 @
6:30 Hulk
6:45 Hulk
7:00 Hulk
7:15 Dr. Doom
7:30 Island Skipper
7:45 Flying Unicorn
8:00 Dueling Dragons
8:15 One Fish, Two Fish
8:30 Fireworks
8:45 @
9:00 Citywalk/Hotel/US/Explore
9:15 @
9:30 @
9:45 @
10:00

FREE TIME=
One Fish..
Cat in Hat
Hulk
Spidey
Dr. Doom
Dueling Dragons
Flying Unicorn

The @ symbol mean the time spent there. I need some opinions on if this schedule will work?;) :) :D :p

You give a whole new meaning to theme park commando. Good luck and have fun.

Good LORD, man, you've planned your day in 15 minute intervals????

You must know MY SON!!

I, personally, prefer flexibility, and with FOTL it's very easy to be relaxed. But if that's the way you like it... go at it.. but I sure hope you don't sit through everything checking your watch!

Have FUN!

Honestly, no. I think you will run yourself and your family into the ground if you attempt this rigorous schedule. Even with FOTL your still going to run out of time and disappoint yourself when you don't accomplish what you planned to do. Don't forget you are also going to have to account for crowds, weather, and possibly down time for attractions, walking btw parks, water taxi's not arriving by your schedule, long lines at gates, etc.... I would budget more time for lunch, there is no way to know how long the lines are going to be or how fast/slow the service will be. Also the max. wait time for FOTL is 15min so if you have to wait that long then you also have a attraction time ranging from 2-7 minutes, not counting shows. I would slow down your pace and just have a great time! A rushed vacation is no kind of vacation to me, JMHO. Have a blast!:D :) :D

I would need the paramedics to revive me after a day like that! :jester: :)

It's great you are trying to plan a schedule, but it won't work exactly like you have it.

For one thing, you are dragging a wife and kids with you. They get tired, and want to do other things.

The time it takes to get out of US and into IOA is about 30 minutes. It's not like you just hop from park to park, it takes time to walk between the two.

It's not like you're going to be running from ride to ride. If you we're going alone, then yes, you could do your schedule and attempt to see both parks in 1 day. But you're not, you've got your family in tow.

Once your kids get into a play area, they won't want to come out, especially the water areas at US.

Plus you're going to come back to your hotel room in the middle of the day and attempt to relax, then go back.

The best advice is to arrive at the park early. Here you have a time to catch the water taxi at 08:45. Well, it won't work exactly like that. Instead, get to city walk around 08:00am, and walk around, then be at the gate of US before they open so you can get a jump start on the crowd.

You may come close to your schedule in the way you visit the parks at certain times of the day, but as to the exact time of each ride, you can't get that detailed.

There is no way to see everything, let alone in 1 day. This is why people keep coming back. For example, I've been to Sea World 2 times and still haven't seen everything, so I'm going back July 4th-6th. Enjoy your trip, but don't push things, you're there to relax.

You asked if your schedule would work - the short answer is - No.

For one thing, the shows don't start every hour on the hour. They might have a T2 show starting at 9:15. Also, even if they did start the show at 9:00, there is no way you could see T2 at 9 and be on MIB by 9:30. Also, the water taxi's are not on a strict schedule. At least, they weren't when we were there last year. You have to allow for breakdowns, etc.

I'm glad you are into planning your trip, but your schedule will not work. I have to wonder if your whole schedule thing is for real, or are you joking with us?

Get rid of the schedule and just plan to have fun!

Just my personal opinion!

Nan

I've found out that by planning a trip minute by minute never works out. You end up spending too much time at one place where a ride breaks down, you want to ride the ride over and over again, etc. Although FOTL will save you a lot of time, you might want to be more flexible.

Yeah I guess your right. I don't expect to do everything on my list but I do want to get most of it finished. BY the way I don't have a wife and kids yet.... I am kinda of the family kid. I am considered to be the family travel agent in my family. I plan, book, and stratigize the whole vactaion for my parents. Last mounth I booked a trip to Italy for me and my Grandfather! But the reason why we are only going to the parks in one day is because we are only staying for 4 days. The first day...relax at PBH. Second...Parks. Third...Wet n`Wild. Fourth...Home.
Also we have a 2, 3 day 2 parks tickets leftover from last year. It's a good thing that they never expire.

Wow, IOADude! I didn't realize that you were the KID!

The comparison of you and MY son was for real. He honestly believes in having every minute planned to the hilt. Unfortunately, what that causes is expectation. And what does expectation cause...????

DISAPPOINTMENT!

I am trying to prepare him for life and life requires planning with leniency for the potholes you ALWAYS trip over. It's a plan not just for IOA, but forEVER!

Taking off my Mommy hat now...

A schedule that would work for you is something like

Day One - USF/PBH
Day Two - IOA/PBH
Day Three - Wet n Wild

When we stayed there, we usually found out that we got each park done by 2:00. And we usually move very quickly through parks. At 2:00 we ended up seeing a movie at City Walk or going back to the hotel to relax. Then that evening get ready to go to City Walk or one of the hotels and eat. You might want to consider a loose schedule like this, and do each park at your own pace.

Hi IOA Dude!

One thing, T2-3D usually takes about 30+ with FOTL. Also, don't overlook the dry ball play area located in back of the curious george wet play area at Universal. It was a riot for us, ages 5-39!

Relax, have fun. If you have to have some kind of schedule erase the times and just have a priority list of the things you want to go on.

Hope to see a trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter