Petals & Pixie Dust Planning Journal 11/30/2009/2010

Rora:
Too funny. I HATE those combo "It's Valentine's Day and Your Birthday!" cards. DF puts an APB out and tells people no combo cards! :rotfl: I still get them anyway! Oh well!

Cool that your b'day is the day before mine! :goodvibes

So, we have decided that there will be no wedding party. However, I have a close friend that if I was able to, I'd love to have her as my MOH. So, I came up with this honorary MOH. Does this sound stupid? She got just as excited about my engagement as I did. I think she was kind of bummed that we are doing immediate family only at the wedding and we are always trying to figure out how to get her there (this is a long story) She has already said she is helping with my bridal shower...If I was going to have anyone stand up for me it would be her.
So, I decided to make her part of it in a round about way. I printed out a letter to her that says:

You won't have to buy and wear a dress that you hate and can/will only wear once.
You won't have to walk down the aisle with some ugly guy that you don't know...and look happy about it!
You won't have to wear ridiculous shoes and pretend your feed don't hurt.
You will have to keep me sane
You will have to be the buffer between me and my mom while dress shopping.
You will be designated as the "Team Play Nice" captain.
So, with that in mind, will you be my Honorary Maid of Honor?

I know this sounds kind of corny :dance3: ...but it is so us and our friendship.:hug: I think she will get a kick out of it! :woohoo: I'm giving it to her tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm 48 hours after the end of my internship and I'm sooo bored! So, I figured I'd continue more of this planning stuff and the story about Rockefeller Center. In typical pixie dust fashion, the whole thing was amazing, but it didn't start out that way.
We had flown from home to NYC. The weather wasn't too bad. It was raining, but it wasn't snowing :thumbsup2 We were only staying for the day. Our plan landed in JKF at 6 or 7 AM and we took a cab to Rockefeller Center. We figured we would skate, get it out of the way and then spend the day sight seeing then catch out plane at 11:30 pm-long day but so worth it!
We got out of our cab and got out at the Rock. It was supposed to be open at 8:30...but no one was skating and there was at least 3 inches of water on rink. :scared1: and to make matters worse-they were closed. :sad1: I was heart broken, and since this was one of those things he had to do before I said yes to a proposal I figured I was doomed. I even sat and thought about how I was going to end the relationship-this was an omen and I was convinced!
So, we spent the rest of the day walking around. We went to Carnigie Deli, the UN and then started to make our way back to time square. I called RFC every couple of hours to see if they are were skating. No go. So, as we return, DF suggests that we got to T&Co. As we head that way we get off at Time Square...Don't ask me why-we just did and we walked to RFC. I peered over the barrier and people were skating! DF asked me to call and make sure it wasn't a private party...I was so excited I didn't have the mind to tell him that they don't do private parties. I called and spoke with the same woman who answered my phone calls all day and she said YES THEY WERE SKATING!!!
The ice was soft, the blades were dull, and let me tell you-the rink is small! And for 2 people it was $50 total to skate :scared1: but worth every penny!

1. MOH accepted.
2. Parents got their thank you card and loved it.
3. Went to book store today to look at wedding planning books. That was a waste of time. I pretty much know what I want! :rotfl:
4. Got info from DFTW-just the packet that you get when you get stuff off the internet-nothing special or information that I didn't know.

Baby steps!
Sounds like we will go dress shopping the week after Xmas.
Bridal Show 1/10 :yay:
I'm pretty excited to actually be able to do all of this stuff!

:banana:

So happy you are making progress.

Your H.MOH idea was a good one! Can't wait for dress shopping!

:banana:

So happy you are making progress.

Your H.MOH idea was a good one! Can't wait for dress shopping!

Thanks!
I'm glad things are progressing even though we are so far out from our wedding date! I'm trying to get little things done. It looks like the next major hurdle is Xmas. We are spending the holiday with DF's family, so I am sure I will be answering questions and playing TA. No worries, I have my bag of info ready! :rotfl: I'm thinking dress shopping on the 29th-need to confirm with mom. :scared: :rotfl: We'll see how that goes!

How in the world have I missed your PJ up until now? It is wonderful! Your story is so sweet and I LOVE that your DF jumped through hoops to fulfill all of your wishes. The planning is so much fun and I can already see that you are creative and kind (love the TY card and the honorary MoH sentiment!), so it will be a lot of fun to follow your planning! :goodvibes

How in the world have I missed your PJ up until now? It is wonderful! Your story is so sweet and I LOVE that your DF jumped through hoops to fulfill all of your wishes. The planning is so much fun and I can already see that you are creative and kind (love the TY card and the honorary MoH sentiment!), so it will be a lot of fun to follow your planning! :goodvibes

Hi-ya!
DF has definately done his work! Thanks for jumping on...it might be a long ride! :rotfl: Most likely the end of 2010...Kind of wishing it was sooner-but gives me more time to plan...or change my mind :rolleyes:
Glad you're enjoying it!

Ok, So this is probably the first of many mini rants RE: My mother. I'm lucky to have her but sometimes she just doesn't get it.
So, today we are talking about the wedding. Go figure this will be an ongoing conversation for the next 2 years to come. Fine. Somehow we get to talking about having the wedding at home. Um. No.
1. DF wants a small wedding. I'm cool with this. I don't see why I have to entertain a bunch of my parents friends and family that I could really care less about, don't see or don't know. (sounds harsh-but true)
2. This kills me! My mom hits on the whole "You'll get more gifts if you have a home wedding." Why is my mother so obsessed with getting gifts? Is she looking at getting a return on the gifts that she has given over the years? DF and I have lived together for 7 years...7...this means that we have a full apartment full of furniture, all of our kitchen stuff-to the point where we have no room for anything else. We're registering with Disney Honeymoons so that I can have something to register for...but there isn't anything that we need or want so desperately that we need to have someone else buy it for us.

Isn't it the parents that are supposed to be telling the bride and groom that it isn't about getting gifts as much as it is our love for each other? I think my mom is regressing...:rolleyes:

Needless to say. I shut that down quickly. Yeah, it bothers me to not have some people there, but (said in Bridezilla voice) I'M SAVING HER MONEY BY HAVING A DFTW, GETTING THE FAIRYTALE I WANT WITH OUT HAVING TO DEAL WITH ALL THE HOOPLA. IT'S OUR DAY. DF WANTS A DFTW TOO...SO BACK OFF WOMAN! Now, if I had had the guts to tell her that in those words, it would have been even a bigger success. Instead, I explained-calmly that I wasn't changing my mind and that I'm happy with the plan and so is DF. :snooty: She laid off...but if this is going to become a constant trend with her...Do you think the Genie could make her disappear?

Ok I'm done. I feel better now. Thanks :rotfl:

1. DF wants a small wedding. I'm cool with this. I don't see why I have to entertain a bunch of my parents friends and family that I could really care less about, don't see or don't know. (sounds harsh-but true)
2. This kills me! My mom hits on the whole "You'll get more gifts if you have a home wedding." Why is my mother so obsessed with getting gifts? Is she looking at getting a return on the gifts that she has given over the years? DF and I have lived together for 7 years...7...this means that we have a full apartment full of furniture, all of our kitchen stuff-to the point where we have no room for anything else. We're registering with Disney Honeymoons so that I can have something to register for...but there isn't anything that we need or want so desperately that we need to have someone else buy it for us.
Okay, first of all- Do we have the same mother?!

That's exactly what my mother says to me.. all the time. She doesn't understand why I want to get married at Disney ("no one will come.." "you won't get any gifts" "it's expensive for just champagne and cake!", etc etc).

I know how frustrating it can be. Just know we all go through Mommy issues. I'm sure she just wants you to have the best Wedding EVER. Which you will. Sometimes mom's just don't realize that you're happy just the way you are.

Don't worry. :hug:

Okay, first of all- Do we have the same mother?!

That's exactly what my mother says to me.. all the time. She doesn't understand why I want to get married at Disney ("no one will come.." "you won't get any gifts" "it's expensive for just champagne and cake!", etc etc).

I know how frustrating it can be. Just know we all go through Mommy issues. I'm sure she just wants you to have the best Wedding EVER. Which you will. Sometimes mom's just don't realize that you're happy just the way you are.

Don't worry. :hug:

At least we're in the same boat! :boat: If they don't stop...we can make them walk the plank pirate: (ARR!) Sorry, I'm having way too much fun with the smileys. She means well...All mothers do. My mom hasn't pulled the "it's expensive for just champagne and cake" yet. Shhh! I'm not going to tell her that one. *yikes*

I'm glad I've got someone that I'll be going through this with-it makes it so much easier to know you're not the only one! Thanks! :thanks:

Hello!! Can't believe I only just came across your PJ!! :)

I love finding brides with future dates! (Like me, although I'm yet to find someone later than my April 2011! - touch obsessed I think!)

Your plans sound great, I loooove your ring!!! And I'm very jealous you live in NY!!

Hello!! Can't believe I only just came across your PJ!! :)

I love finding brides with future dates! (Like me, although I'm yet to find someone later than my April 2011! - touch obsessed I think!)

Your plans sound great, I loooove your ring!!! And I'm very jealous you live in NY!!

Howdy!
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a future date! If you feel obsessed you've come to the right place. I've been "planning" for oh 7 years at least! :rotfl: Now I can finally write about it!

Howdy!
With my internship done, no classwork to do, no deadlines, and only working 1 day a week...Leaves me for a ton of time to do nothing! I'm bored! This has never happened before, but it gives me the opportunity to wedding plan, play wii, be on the wii fit once a day (gotta get in dress shape) and cook for DF...Which I don't do much of once school starts. :rolleyes:

Xmas is in a couple of days. Every year DF and I get a xmas bulb for the tree. This started when we got our first tree and needed to get ornaments-that was an expensive year! DF didn't want ANY xmas bulbs and I insisted on just one-at least. So, each year we've gotten a bulb from Hallmark. It's become tradition. The years that we don't get a Hallmark bulb we get a mouse ears one from WDW and have it painted and mailed home-Nothing like getting pixie dust when you get back from your trip! There is one stipulation to this. The year we get married, each child's first Xmas-gets an ornament commemorating that year. So, this year, instead of getting a bulb, I found this...
IMG_3166.jpg

I fell in :love: and had to have it! The only problem I have is that it doesn't have the date on it. So, I'm in search for a small silver tag to put on it to have something like "Engaged 11/19/2008" :lovestruc Now, if I can only find a tag that doesn't go to a bracelet or cost a ton, we'll be talking business. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Ok off to sharpen my Wii skills. DF downloaded Super Mario Bros. Figures, he gets me an up to date game system and I want to play the old games!!! :lmao: He even bought me a Wii Points Card to get them! I'm telling you-that boy doesn't buy me flowers-he buys me electronics...And that's ok-they last longer! :rotfl:

IMG_3166.jpg

Ok off to sharpen my Wii skills.

Adorable!!! Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas for a tag.. Could you find someone to personalize it? Maybe right inbetween Mickey and Minnie's legs? :confused3

I :love: our Wii! Have fun!

Adorable!!! Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas for a tag.. Could you find someone to personalize it? Maybe right inbetween Mickey and Minnie's legs? :confused3

I :love: our Wii! Have fun!

The floor space between their legs is plastic-I'd be afraid it would break with engraving...Good idea tho...I'll have to see what I come up with!

The Wii is great-We just got Super Mario Bros Its like being 13 again!

Just found ur planning journal! Love it thus far! The ornament is so cute. They make paint pens in silver and gold- I bet you could use one to write between their feet!

Just found ur planning journal! Love it thus far! The ornament is so cute. They make paint pens in silver and gold- I bet you could use one to write between their feet!

That just might work too!
I'm going to go to the mall today and see what I can find. At the very least, I'm gonna try Things Remembered.
We'll see if something turns up there-it not I just might be on the hunt for some paint pens.

Subscribing. It's so funny reading your pj because your DF sounds allot like my BF. We are going ring shopping in a few days and have already agreed we want a DFTW (his idea) in March or April of 2010 depending on what's available. I can't wait to hear how everything goes. Congrats!!

Subscribing. It's so funny reading your pj because your DF sounds allot like my BF. We are going ring shopping in a few days and have already agreed we want a DFTW (his idea) in March or April of 2010 depending on what's available. I can't wait to hear how everything goes. Congrats!!

YEAH another 2010 bride! Enjoy ring shopping. DF and I did ours over the internet. It seemed the only time we had was a half hour here and a half hour there. :rotfl: At the time that was all our schedules could handle! Enjoy every minute of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter