• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Phone Cards for Club Counselors

texanlvr

Earning My Ears
I am sailing on the 8/23 cruise and my two dd's will be staying in the clubs, ages 9 and 12............does anyone know how many counselors the girls might interact with? I want the girls to give the counselors an "extra tip" but I do not know how many phone cards to buy. I would appreciate help from past cruisers with children in the clubs. Thank you for your help.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

You'll get the list of all the counselors but I asked my kids (and paid attention to whom I saw with the group (careful, many work the desk)) and wound up giving out cards to three counselors (my twins were nine). I gave several cards each since they are now SO cheap at Sams. Just a hint, though, give them out mid day on the last day, by the evening all three were done with their shift for the eveing. I could leave (which I did) them but my kids really wanted to say thanks themselves.

I would plan three each child (you may have fewer if your child has more of a favorite).
I went with 24 cards since they were less than $3 each and bundled several into the tip envelopes. I also figured I could take home the rest and use the minutes at home if need be. I returned home with two cards.
Have a great trip
Barbara

Phone cards - great suggestion -- would never have thought of that!!

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney
phone cards been packed since last year

Did you check to see if they have an experation date?

I did give out a few phone cards last year but only to people that really impressed me- in the kids club that was only one councilor. I gave a person at guest services one who was super helpful and to two of my favorite bartenders.

"no expiration date"
Ann - I do remember checking the dates on several items (drugs, etc) when I packed them away for this yr
good idea tho

What do you think is an appropriate amount for a 4 night cruise?? DD's will be 7 (birthday is the day we board).

I think the best reason to use phone cards is the cost versus gift value. 60 minute cards at sams are under $2 each and, although the international rate means the user cannot have the full 60 minutes (OK, a lot less), several cards is almost pocket change to me and a chance to talk to her kids for my room hostess. I gave (in addition to the designated tip) my servers and counselors several cards each. I was on a four day in July. I had brought with me two 12 packs of cards from Sams.
FYI - as far as I know, there is no expiration for At and T cards.
Barbara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter