Photo Contest Rules?

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I finally got my pics to upload! Yay! :banana: What are the rules, deadlines, etc. of the contest? I looked and couldn't find anything.

Bump....I'd like to upload some pics but can't find the size restrictions. Under 100K??

When you go to upload the page lists a limit of 300k

The podcast crew will decide the winners.

Are we supposed to be voting on the pics too? Or, is it the podcasters who make the ultimate decision on who wins?

It'll be the podcast crew. Otherwise, there's too many ways to manipulate the voting system, as several have already tried to do. But, feel free to vote, and if there's a comment you'd like to leave, please do.

It'll be the podcast crew. Otherwise, there's too many ways to manipulate the voting system, as several have already tried to do. But, feel free to vote, and if there's a comment you'd like to leave, please do.

U.S.

I hope you are joking about people trying to cheat. :mad:

U.S.

I hope you are joking about people trying to cheat. :mad:
I'm not sure "cheating" is the right word...which is why I said "manipulate". When it comes right down to it, though, the intent in any case was to lower some scores while raising others in order to secure a win. It did cause some bad feelings for some people who posted pics of their loved ones, only to get someone scoring them with the lowest possible score. No comments were given. These scores were given only to pics that had already been scored (usually quite highly) by others, so the intent was clear...to lower the score.

It very soon became clear that having open judging like this wasn't going to work, and the Squad made the decision to be the sole judges in the contest. This makes it fair.

I'm not sure "cheating" is the right word...which is why I said "manipulate". When it comes right down to it, though, the intent in any case was to lower some scores while raising others in order to secure a win. It did cause some bad feelings for some people who posted pics of their loved ones, only to get someone scoring them with the lowest possible score. No comments were given. These scores were given only to pics that had already been scored (usually quite highly) by others, so the intent was clear...to lower the score.

It very soon became clear that having open judging like this wasn't going to work, and the Squad made the decision to be the sole judges in the contest. This makes it fair.

geeze louise.

Thats pretty petty IMHO.

Okay...next question. How do I resize?

Do you have any photo editing programs on your computer? If so which ones?
If not not you might want to download some freeware like [URL="http://picasa.google.com]Picasa [/URL]
If you do then resize the dimensions to 600 x 800 which is roughly the size that can be uploaded to the gallery.

Here is what I do since the photo programs drive me batty.
Go into Programs>accessories > Paint
Click on File dropdown then on open
search for your picture and click apply
Your picture will appear larger than life probably
Click on image dropdown and then strech/skew
a box will appear with 100%, and 100%, change these to 20% or 30% and your picture will appear much smaller! Then you must click "save as" and it will ask if you want to replace the original- I always click yes.

May sound complicated, but it is really easy- have fun! I am going to post one right now!

Then you must click "save as" and it will ask if you want to replace the original- I always click yes.

May sound complicated, but it is really easy- have fun! I am going to post one right now!

"Save as a copy" unless you have your originals saved elsewhere. Keep originals as they are. Resize copies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter