Photo Pass & Photo Pass+

ddwwelsh

Mouseketeer
Greetings everyone!
I'm new here, so I'm sure Photo Pass, etc. has been discussed somewhere around here previously, and if that's the case, please feel free to share the link.

We last went to Disney in 2005, so a lot has changed since then. I have read all sorts of opinions and descriptions about Photo Pass and Photo Pass+. Quite honestly, I'm having difficulty discerning the differences. For every thumbs up I read about it, I soon after encounter a few thumbs down.

Here's why I'm interested in purchasing it:

*We are hoping to go to a character meal.
*Our daughter is 13, so we will be riding just about all of the rides that offer the attractions option.
*I am usually the one taking the pictures, and I rarely have any taken with my daughter or as a whole family.
*I think it will be a fun challenge to see just how many photos we can have taken during our five-day visit.
*I know that there are often some extra touches that can be added to the photos.

So...tell me what you know about Photo Pass (and derivatives thereof) and what you like or dislike about it. I want to hear all pros and cons.

Thanks!
dawn

Hi! Our last trip was in 2010 and we pre-ordered photopass. We loved it so much that we have pre-ordered photopass plus for this years trip. (We leave in 20 days :cool1:)

I have always been the person who takes most of the pictures in our family, so I am rarely in them. This is a great way to get really fun family pictures and have everyone in them. Some of our best framed pictures at home are from photopass. I am also the person who goes and looks at every picture they take of my family and WANT to buy them, but hesitate because I don't want to spend too much of my spending money on the pictures. Now I just budget the photo pass plus in as part of the trip. Then I know that I have every photo coming and it doesn't take away from my "at the parks, out of pocket, spending money"

Here are a few other reasons I LOVE photopass

1. You don't have to stress about wether to buy the photo that they took of your whole family right in front of the castle, or at dinner that came out so much better than you thought it would. You already bought it, No checking them out later and choosing some.

2. If I don't feel like dragging my camera with me for an entire day, I at least know that we will still get lots of pictures. There are photopass photographers all over the place!

3. I love the CD that came with the photopass plus! it has great photo's that are much better quality than I could take of the fireworks and things like that.

4. We have FUN with it. We ask for multiple poses & magic shots from just about every photographer we see. This makes for great memories of the trip and fun when you get home!

5. If you are going to do at least one character meal that is included in the photopass plus AND you are the kind of person that really likes to buy your ride photo's then this is certainly a savings for you. It is for me!

6. For me, it is one more thing that I can pay for in advance and that is worth a lot for me. I love having everything paid for before I get there.

hope this helps! have a great trip!

I tried to think of anything negative regarding photopass.... couldn't come up with anything :)

I am sure there are some people out there who had some sort of bad experience that will chime in later to help you make a fully informed decision.

Thank you for your response. You pretty much confirmed all of my reasons.

Now, I have a couple of questions:

When photos are taken, do I need to present a ticket or card to the photographer?

Does the disc have just stock photos, or does it include all of our photos, as well?

Am I correct in assuming that I am paying for the service and disc, and I can order or make my own copies afterwards?

Are the attractions and character dining photos automatically included in the Photo Pass +?

When photos are taken, do I need to present a ticket or card to the photographer? Yes, you will have a photopass card that you show to the photographer and they will scan it.

Does the disc have just stock photos, or does it include all of our photos, as well?
The disc that arrives with the pre-ordered photopass plus voucher is just stock photoes. When you get home you order YOUR cd that has all of your photopass plus pictures on it. you have to register and log in to photopass.com and enter you pp card # to load all of the pictures. You can also upload your personal pictures that you took with your camera and have them put on a disc for you, but that is an additional charge.

Am I correct in assuming that I am paying for the service and disc, and I can order or make my own copies afterwards? You are paying for all photopass pictures to be put on a CD for you to order when you get home. You can then do what you wish with the disc such as making your own copies. You can order prints from photopass.com , but they will cost extra.

Are the attractions and character dining photos automatically included in the Photo Pass +? Yes, but just the one's that are advertised. There is a full discription on this website that shows which meals & rides are included. there are a lot of them

Hi! Our last trip was in 2010 and we pre-ordered photopass. We loved it so much that we have pre-ordered photopass plus for this years trip. (We leave in 20 days :cool1:)

I have always been the person who takes most of the pictures in our family, so I am rarely in them. This is a great way to get really fun family pictures and have everyone in them. Some of our best framed pictures at home are from photopass. I am also the person who goes and looks at every picture they take of my family and WANT to buy them, but hesitate because I don't want to spend too much of my spending money on the pictures. Now I just budget the photo pass plus in as part of the trip. Then I know that I have every photo coming and it doesn't take away from my "at the parks, out of pocket, spending money"

Here are a few other reasons I LOVE photopass

1. You don't have to stress about wether to buy the photo that they took of your whole family right in front of the castle, or at dinner that came out so much better than you thought it would. You already bought it, No checking them out later and choosing some.

2. If I don't feel like dragging my camera with me for an entire day, I at least know that we will still get lots of pictures. There are photopass photographers all over the place!

3. I love the CD that came with the photopass plus! it has great photo's that are much better quality than I could take of the fireworks and things like that.

4. We have FUN with it. We ask for multiple poses & magic shots from just about every photographer we see. This makes for great memories of the trip and fun when you get home!

5. If you are going to do at least one character meal that is included in the photopass plus AND you are the kind of person that really likes to buy your ride photo's then this is certainly a savings for you. It is for me!

6. For me, it is one more thing that I can pay for in advance and that is worth a lot for me. I love having everything paid for before I get there.

hope this helps! have a great trip!

I just want to clarify... You must pre-purchase photo pass+. The regular photo pass cd can be purchase in advance or after they this!
Hope that help along with the other info you already got:)

I just want to clarify... You must pre-purchase photo pass+. The regular photo pass cd can be purchase in advance or after they this!
Hope that help along with the other info you already got:)

Just realized my autocorrect mistakes.. It was supposed to say that the regular photo pass cd could be pre-purchased or purchased after the trip. It is cheaper to pre-purchase FYI.

I have never been able to budget ride photos in our plans. Who knows how many we will like? Also, I am always the one taking pictures, so I'm NEVER in them. We decided to add the photopass+ to our honeymoon in Sept. My DF is a scaredy cat when it comes to thrill rides, so I always take a picture...of the picture...because his faces are hilarious!!!:rotfl2:
With the photopass+ we can have all the ride photos and photos with me in them we want!! And with an actual price, I have been able to budget for it!:woohoo:

I know that this is probably going to make me sound pretty dense, but I want to be sure that I'm understanding all of the explanations that I'm reading.

*Photo Pass + should be ordered and paid for prior to the visit.
*I present the Photo Pass+ ticket when pics are taken. Then, after the trip, I log on to PhotoPass.com and view/edit my photos.
*I edit and select the photos that I want on the CD. I order the CD, and it will be sent to me.
Now this is where I need clarification:
Does "ordering the CD" mean that I have to pay an additional price for the CD?

Thank you for your patience.

I know that this is probably going to make me sound pretty dense, but I want to be sure that I'm understanding all of the explanations that I'm reading.

*Photo Pass + should be ordered and paid for prior to the visit.
*I present the Photo Pass+ ticket when pics are taken. Then, after the trip, I log on to PhotoPass.com and view/edit my photos.
*I edit and select the photos that I want on the CD. I order the CD, and it will be sent to me.
Now this is where I need clarification:
Does "ordering the CD" mean that I have to pay an additional price for the CD?

Thank you for your patience.

If you plan to pre-order PhotoPass Plus, that will be the only time you pay for anything. After your trip, you can order the CD with your trip photos. No additional payment for this CD, you'll be given a code that will make the purchase price go down to $0

There is a small shipping fee for the cd (at least there was with mine I preordered)

One more question about photopass+...

When our ride photos are taken, are they put on the CD or do we have to go pick them up from the counter, right then? Or do we just go to the counter to let them know we are on photopass+?

Thanks!

you take your photo pass plus card to the photo counter and they will scan it to put your ride photo's on the card. Once you upload your photo pass plus card onto the website, all of your pictures will show up on the CD when you get it.

you take your photo pass plus card to the photo counter and they will scan it to put your ride photo's on the card. Once you upload your photo pass plus card onto the website, all of your pictures will show up on the CD when you get it.

Thanks!

You don't get a hard print out copy of your photo from the rides, until you print it out from the CD yourself, if I am understanding things correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter