Photography

Disneygrl1823

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

Need some recommendations for photography. How many people have used Disney photography for their special day, and who used other outside companies? If you didn't use Disney, what was the reasoning behind it? If Disney wasn't used, who did you use and what were the pros & cons

@lexxus379 thank you! I had a feeling pricing was a big thing, im not planning on park photos so that's fine. They are expensive anywhere, but I don't feel you get alot of time with a Disney photographer for the price you pay!!! Thanks again for your input

@lexxus379 thank you! I had a feeling pricing was a big thing, im not planning on park photos so that's fine. They are expensive anywhere, but I don't feel you get alot of time with a Disney photographer for the price you pay!!! Thanks again for your input
Welcome! I’ve also read that some brides are not happy with their pictures from Disney but I’m sure it’s just luck of the draw if you get good ones or not.

Welcome! I’ve also read that some brides are not happy with their pictures from Disney but I’m sure it’s just luck of the draw if you get good ones or not.
@lexxus379 i know they take good photo pass photos, but these are way more important and just want to make sureI'm making the right choice.

I highly recommend using outside photography because it is the only way to guarantee you get exactly the photographer whose style you like. Disney cannot guarantee you'll get any of your requested photographers, and I've seen couples request 3 or even 5 Disney photographers and get none of them.

We used to Roots for our wedding and subsequent anniversary parties because we loved their style, and they create a wonderful calming-yet-fun atmosphere on the day of the event. You can search the names of other outside photography vendors (and Disney photographers) in the box at the bottom of DisneyWeddingPodcast.com to see entire weddings and portrait sessions they've shot in the slideshows for each episode.

@lurkyloo thank you! I actually booked Roota for our wedding in October! Their work is amazing, and I spoke with Nate the other morning and got the best vibe from him. They seem knowledgeable and will do pretty much anything you invision!

The first photographers I emailed for my DD wedding next year was The Roots!! But they are going to be out of town the week of her wedding!! Now searching for another photographer!!

The first photographers I emailed for my DD wedding next year was The Roots!! But they are going to be out of town the week of her wedding!! Now searching for another photographer!!
Have you listened to the disney wedding podcasts? I've been listening to those, and they give alot of ideas and recommendations, photography included! Alot of people use Roots, but there are alot of others they mention too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter