picking up tickets for CP

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
Okay - a CM just mentioned something to me about the Candlelight Package that is making me nervous. When I made the reservation, I was told that I could pick up the tickets at my resort - I told them I was staying at the Dolphin, and she told me just to pick them up from Guest Services at Epcot.

I just called back to verify the reservation as the charge had not gone through on my card. The reservation was still there, but this CM told me that I would have to pick up the tickets at least an hour ahead of time. We won't get to the hotel until 4:00, changing quickly and then heading to Epcot. Our PS is for 5:10. I know we'll have time to get there as long as we don't take our time, but is this going to create a problem because there's no way we'll be able to pick up the tickets an hour ahead of time.

I'm assuming it's guest services there to the left of Spaceship Earth is where I pick them up from. This is our first CP package, so I'm a little confused.

I'm assuming it's guest services there to the left of Spaceship Earth is where I pick them up from. This is our first CP package

I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall that a year or two ago I picked up mine at the guest relations office out by the bus loading/unloading zone.

perhaps you could call guest services (I'm assuming they have a desk in the hotel - I've never stayed there) at the Dolphin and ask if they could be held for you there. It would save you alot of running around if all you had to do was to p/u at the Dolphin - or for that matter at Guest Relations at International Gateway.

Despite the confusion, I think the package is worth it, just so you don't have to wait in line for hours!

HTH

Is this a pre pay? I have ressies and I can't remember if I've paid for it or just reserved with a card. I'm planning my budget and this is the last night there. I need to save money!!

we always go to the cp and pick up our tickets at the guest relations at the resort. We have them this year and they have already been charged to our card. I hope this helps.

What I was told was that I couldn't pick them up at the Dolphin since it's not a Disney resort. However, I could go over to the Boardwalk or Beach Club and pick them up from guest services there.

Another CM has told me that they are indeed to be picked up at the guest services out by the bus area if I'm picking them up at Epcot, so this is definitely going to be a pain. What I thought was going to be a leisurely stroll over to Epcot has turned into a mad dash.

So, what do you guys think would be quicker since I'm now going to be pressed for time? Boardwalk, Beach Club, or the front of Epcot out by the bus loading area? Coming from the Dolphin, we'll, of course, be entering through the International Gateway. We're eating at the Garden Grill, so we do have to go to Future World - so it may not be that big of a deal to just go on up to the front entrance.

Does anyone think the fact that I'm not going to be picking them up an hour before my PS is going to be an issue though?

coming from the Dolphin, if you can, I'd get them at BC - since you have to pass that to get to Epcot, and it would save the time in walking from The Land out of the park, then re-entering the park.

Okay - now I'm turned around - we'll be lucky to get to Epcot, I'm afraid :rolleyes: - I was thinking I had to pass the Boardwalk. Won't I turn right when leaving the Dolphin?

Is there another way passing BC/YC?

I so wish we could get to Orlando earlier and alleviate all of this!!

From the Dolphin, it's shorter to go left and walk past the BC to Epcot. You could go right and go past the BW, but it's longer. So, since time is an issue, I'd suggest stopping by guest services at the BC. I'm also surprised to hear you can't pick them up at guest services at the Dolphin, since I really thought you could do anything at that guest services that you could do at other resort guest services.

Originally posted by Kaycee
From the Dolphin, it's shorter to go left and walk past the BC to Epcot. You could go right and go past the BW, but it's longer. So, since time is an issue, I'd suggest stopping by guest services at the BC. I'm also surprised to hear you can't pick them up at guest services at the Dolphin, since I really thought you could do anything at that guest services that you could do at other resort guest services.

Oh believe me, I will ask when we get there because I'm not 100% convinced either. One CM said probably could, two have said no you can't (one of which checked with a supervisor). But I will be double-checking while we're getting checked in just to be certain.

Learned something new though - we have always walked past BW to get to Epcot - like we needed to walk anymore than necessary at Disney. :rolleyes: Good to hear though!

Thanks for all your help!

I know this isn't what the OP was aking.. but I am jumping in ... hope no one minds :)

Does anyone know how far ahead of time you can pick up your CP tickets? I want to pick them up at WL. I don't have to go to the front of Epcot as we will be coming in from the back after spending part of the day at MGM.

OP here - nope don't mind a bit. :) I would just pick them up the day you're going to the CP. I'm sure you could stop by Guest Relations at WL that morning or whenever you're heading out and pick them up.

For that matter, once they are in the system - I'm sure you could probably pick them up while you're checking in. Just be careful not to lose them. None of the CMs mentioned anything about when you could pick them up - just that they could be picked up at any Disney resort - so I would think they'd be available whenever it's most convenient for you.

There is also a tent in the courtyard of the American Adventure where you can pickup CP packages.

You can pick them up ahead of time. Usually when we checkin at BWV there is a message on the phone to pick them up downstairs.

Do you really think you have enough time to check in at 4PM, get a room, get changed, and get over to Epcot by 5:10PM, even if you can pick up your tickets at the Dolphin? It seems like lots of things would need to go your way to pull it off??

I got our packet from guest relations at our resort, POP. It was very simple, although it took a few minutes because she had to print our ticket and stamp our badges. If you've never been to CP before, let me give you advice, go around the right side of World Showcase, another Christmas show was beginning and we were sent around the other way to avoid the crowds. 1st - we thought we'd never make it, the walk was very long when we were at the end of our trip. 2nd - the stand by line was lined up in our direction, the PS line was the other way, so we had to walk WAY past the pavilion to get in line. If you are facing WS go right, and you will run into the end of your line before getting to the pavilion.

All in all, the show is marvelous. I was so thankful we were able to do this on our last night. Rita Moreno was great. Does anyone know if she is a Christian? She sounded so enthusiastic, and I can't quite imagine why anyone would want to participate if they don't believe, but I would really like to know. I would love to hear Jim Caveziel, someone please let me know how that is!!!

Our problem is that we're staying at the Dolphin - not a Disney resort. I did speak to the Disney rep at the hotel yesterday to verify that they could not give me my tickets there. He said no, and when I asked if the Beach Club would be the easiest, in his opinion, he told me I could pick them up at the International Gateway entrance, that they had a pick-up counter there as well. I told him that I had been told it was at the main entrance, and he said, "Yes, there's one there too - but they do have one at the Gateway, as well." Has anyone been through this way yet and no if that is truely the case. I hate to bypass the Beach Club and have to end up walking all the way to the front of the park after all.

Lori S. said:
I would love to hear Jim Caveziel, someone please let me know how that is!!!

We're missing him by one day - I was so excited when I saw him on the list and thought, "Oh my!! How cool!" Then got bummed when I looked at my calendar and realized we would miss him. DH even said, "Can't we just stay an extra day?" It was real hard for me to tell him no - I usually will make any excuse for being at Disney. But our passes expire on the 4th - Oh Well!!

I sent you a Private Message KB... let me know if I can help :)

FYI, you do NOT have to pick up the tickets before your PS. I think it helps, but the first year we went to the CP our PS was also at the Garden Grill. We were clueless and just showed up without picking up our tickets. No problem. We ate, walked over to the tent outside of the American Adventure(across from the theatre), picked up our tickets and walked right in. But beware: it's a mighty long walk from Garden Grill to the American Gardens Theatre.

We're kind of in the same situation! We'll be staying at the Swan and it's our first time doing the CP. I also asked about the Gateway and was told no, Guest Services at main entrance only, twice. Sorry I can't be of more help! Hope everyhting works out for you!

PrincessTanyuhKaypoo said:
We're kind of in the same situation! We'll be staying at the Swan and it's our first time doing the CP. I also asked about the Gateway and was told no, Guest Services at main entrance only, twice. Sorry I can't be of more help! Hope everyhting works out for you!

Hey - we've done it and we're back. Not a problem whatsoever!! We stopped by the Beach Club at 4:30 and still had plenty of time to get to the Garden Grill. Even had a little bit of time to kill and stopped off at Ice Station Cool first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter