Picture of me at Disneyland 1970. Who is this character?

MOM POPPINS

<font color=red>I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) wh
We took a family vacation in 1970 to Disneyland. My Mom only wrote Disney Character on the back of the photo. By the way it's me and my sister in the photo I am on the right. :goodvibes

Does anyone know who the character is? :confused3

Thanks in advance... :hug:

IMG_4984.jpg

It's the walrus from Alice and Wonderland :goodvibes....I think

Thanks everyone.. I have one more photo somewhere of us with another character. I will try and find it and post later.

My Mom passed unexpectedly last year and I am looking over some photos I had received from my Dad. It's been hard to look back at them until now. I am gald for all the family vacations we took and made some great memories that will be with me forever.

:)

I'll add one in if you don't mind! This is my little brother from our trip in 1978. Anyone recognize this character?

joeand.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about your mother MomPoppins, my thoughts are with you. But I do love those socks.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother MomPoppins, my thoughts are with you. But I do love those socks.

:hug: Hugs about my Mom. Diagnosed with cancer in March and passed in June.. it was so quick.

I don't know who the other character is posted... feel free to post more old pictures!

:goodvibes

The socks are nice aren't they! :rotfl:

Yup, the Walrus! Here he is on Tuesday....I was told he's rare to see.

wr1112.jpg

Thanks for the recent photo. I have never seen him out. I need a new updated picture with me and the Walrus. I hope to see him someday! :thumbsup2

That's the Walrus from AIW. And your in the very right hand connor of the exteior of iasw where the parade doors are.

The 2nd is Stramboni. I know WHERE the photo was taken, I just dont know the name.

it's spelled stromboli (like the italian food). and i never got to see him myself (he was rarely doing appearances recently) outside of the MNSSH parade
41815704_hEztc-XL-4.jpg

speaking of MNSSH, that's where you'll find Mr. Walrus exclusively current. I wouldn't personally clarify him as rare. it might only be a small number of days per year, but he doesn't do meet & greets at all during the day and you can find him at MNSSH nearly 100% of the time, so he's more special than rare per se.
41815146_urTuG-XL-4.jpg

those are some great old pictures!! Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Hugs for your mother..........:grouphug:

I remember seeing the "matterhorn" back then.. I also have a photo of me on the sameday on a pony ride... Did they have live pony rides at Disneyland in 1970?

:)

Very sorry to hear about your mom.

I've never met the Walrus, but we have met Stromboli twice now. It is so funny how different he looked back then compared to now.

I have some pictures of the characters from the 70's too and I have to laugh when I see how different they looked. On our last trip I brought the pictures to show to the characters and they all got a real kick out of it.

Especially Donald! He drag all sorts of people over to see his picture. :laughing:

Thank you for sharing these pics!! I have never seen Walrus or Stromboli!

OK, I officially want you to live next door to me. That is the perfect combination of sincerity and oddball humor that I so appreciate!

:goodvibes
Candee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter