** Picture of the Day 3 **

No snow here, the birds are ready to build their nests. Eastern Phoebe shown here:
bird_P3040446.jpg

If Kathy writes to me in a few months when her weather is 75 and ours is 95 degrees and 95% humidity, I understand. ;)

Blizzard conditions as of about 8 AM this morning with more on the way.

2024%20March%2014%20AM_09086ed-XL.jpg

Took all winter but finally looks like you have a "GOOD blizzard"! :rotfl: Can't wait to see the final result! 🥶 Meanwhile...down at Disney World DGD's are enjoying the sunshine :goodvibes...

1710488511670.png:tink:

17" to 22" as of this morning with a bit more to come; definitely our biggest in three years

2024%20March%2015%2009091ed-XL.jpg

Last edited:
WELL...we had major weather event too today! Huge hail storm and tornado touched down in south Bellville. Without power now for 10 hours! Golf ball size hail at our house; windshield of David's truck busted, damage to Hood and roof and our house roof is full of dents! Thankful we didn't see the worst of it!
20240315_174333.jpg20240315_174406.jpg

Oh my goodness! I'd much rather have our snow than your hail and a tornado!!! Glad you are okay other than power outages, huge hail and David's truck damage. :oops: We'll have to send some our 'roof assessors' down your way. They come out of the woodwork whenever we have the slightest hailstorm. Is this unusual weather for your area?

Oh my goodness! I'd much rather have our snow than your hail and a tornado!!! Glad you are okay other than power outages, huge hail and David's truck damage. :oops: We'll have to send some our 'roof assessors' down your way. They come out of the woodwork whenever we have the slightest hailstorm. Is this unusual weather for your area?

They were out bright and early this morning >:(! Our Police Department put an end to that immediately; the City of Bellville requires a "solicitation permit. :goodvibes City Hall closed about 30 minutes after the storm yesterday; was not open this morning and had not issued a permit so they were "politely" asked to leave town. 😉 Power returned at 4:45 AM, just in time to save the food in our freezer and David's filed his claim for truck repair. Did a little cleanup this afternoon but we have one more round of "possible" severe storms to get through this morning so I just cleaned the sidewalk, driveway and patio...mainly to keep the debris OUT of the house! 🙃 Between David, Lady Boo and the darkness, the house was a mess when I finally turned in last night. The tornados not unusual for our area but the hail storm was! We've had a few of them but none that produced as much and as large of hail as that one yesterday! The "surprise" factor was the worst part! I'd listened to the Weather Channel all morning; 30 minutes before the storm a "Severe Thunderstorm Watch" was issued for 2 neighboring counties but the "projected path" did not include the "Bellville area". The weather system literally "blew up" over us. Allie was "watching the weather" as they traveled home and she'd texted her Dad, literally a minute before it hit, that radar showed our area "totally white"! He'd just pulled under the covered drive up area at their bank when one of the tellers came out and told him their computers had just gone down and it hit! It came up SO fast our niece was caught out in her yard! She got hit by a huge hail stone; left a bruise between her neck and shoulder and cracked her collarbone! Quick trip to the ER for her after it passed! I won't lie :rolleyes1....it was pretty scary; been a long time since I've felt that vulnerable and helpless and we were VERY lucky on our side of town!

P1080471-M.jpg
P1080444-M.jpg
:tink:

It all sounds terrifying especially the lack of adequate warning! It looks like one for the record books! We've had a few hailstorms but nothing larger than small pebbles although places not far from us have had big stones. Glad you were able to save your freezer food! When we were looking where to move 8 years ago we were determined to avoid similar problems and find a place with utilities underground after losing our power for five days one May.

Our snow is definitely starting to melt but it was the biggest in at least three years. People who don't know Colorado well think that this scene is typical but it definitely isn't for Colorado Springs. I'm hoping the roads clear enough for my doctor's appointment tomorrow!

DSC09094-XL.jpg

It all sounds terrifying especially the lack of adequate warning! It looks like one for the record books! We've had a few hailstorms but nothing larger than small pebbles although places not far from us have had big stones. Glad you were able to save your freezer food! When we were looking where to move 8 years ago we were determined to avoid similar problems and find a place with utilities underground after losing our power for five days one May.

Our snow is definitely starting to melt but it was the biggest in at least three years. People who don't know Colorado well think that this scene is typical but it definitely isn't for Colorado Springs. I'm hoping the roads clear enough for my doctor's appointment tomorrow!

DSC09094-XL.jpg

It sounded like sledge hammers pounding on the roof! I don't remember seeing any this large either...we usually have the little ones too! Certainly not the amount that created the fog! Yes...one for the books! We thought we had the lack of power under control...and for a while we did...then the generator stopped working! David had to drive to a neighboring town to get more gas for it so possible he got some "bad" stuff. 🤷‍♀️ Certainly wasn't "fun" (we DID have dinner by candlelight :goodvibes) but we had things worked out until then. Wish our town could go with underground utilities but doesn't look like that will happen in the near future. :rolleyes: You certainly DID have some "major snow" for your area and I LOVE the pictures! We've both had a "memorable March" as far as the weather is concerned! (PS...Hope the roads get clear for your appointment too!) :tink:

Taking a break from storm photos for "Senior Sunday". DGD's Dance Studio featured her this week and had such nice things to say. We just LOVE her "dance family" and are so glad she'll be continuing, be it only part time, as an instructor with them! :lovestruc The picture shows ALL of medals over the last 15 years.

#SENIORSUNDAY We have so many amazing seniors that have been with us for years that are graduating this year
🥹

First off, meet Katie Beth or as Mrs. Amber calls her, KB Killa! She has danced at Center Stage since she was three years old!!! She is known for her excellent stage presence and energy on stage. Over the years she has won many awards but this year takes the cake!!! She is loved by so many and her family has been a HUGE part of Center Stage for 15 YEARS!!! She has plans to attend Blinn in College Station and you will still see KB around Center Stage… as a teacher!

WE LOVE YOU KATIE BETH
🖤

1710748085183.png:tink:

Taking a break from storm photos for "Senior Sunday". DGD's Dance Studio featured her this week and had such nice things to say. We just LOVE her "dance family" and are so glad she'll be continuing, be it only part time, as an instructor with them! :lovestruc The picture shows ALL of medals over the last 15 years.

#SENIORSUNDAY We have so many amazing seniors that have been with us for years that are graduating this year
🥹

First off, meet Katie Beth or as Mrs. Amber calls her, KB Killa! She has danced at Center Stage since she was three years old!!! She is known for her excellent stage presence and energy on stage. Over the years she has won many awards but this year takes the cake!!! She is loved by so many and her family has been a HUGE part of Center Stage for 15 YEARS!!! She has plans to attend Blinn in College Station and you will still see KB around Center Stage… as a teacher!

WE LOVE YOU KATIE BETH
🖤

View attachment 842772:tink:
That is an impressive picture!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter