Pictures in trip reports

thornton0511

DIS Veteran
It seems that lots of trip reports are not showing up with pictures, including some of mine. How do we fix this so that our photobucket pictures will return to our reports?

Also not a huge deal but somehow I got bumped down from being a dis veteran to a mouseketeer. :/

Can you give us a link to one of the posts with your photo bucket pictures to use as an example?

Can you give us a link to one of the posts with your photo bucket pictures to use as an example?
Hi Kathy. I think I might have jumped the gun with starting this post! I just went back to the TR's in my signature and all are showing up with pictures attached. I just did not give it enough time. I'm so sorry! I am still curious though how I changed from a veteran to a mouseketeer. Again not a life changer or anything lol just wondering. Thank you again for responding so quickly to my other :)

Thanks for the update on the photo thing!

The thresholds for user titles is based on post counts. We may need to wait until the search indexes are rebuilt for that to be like before.

Thanks for the update on the photo thing!

The thresholds for user titles is based on post counts. We may need to wait until the search indexes are rebuilt for that to be like before.
Ah well that makes sense. I'm not too worried about it. I think all we need is to take a few deep breaths and give everything a bit of time and it will all be okay! Sometimes we DISers are not keen to any kind of change lol! I am excited about all of this and appreciate everyone who worked hard to get the boards up and running. Thank you Kathy again for answering my questions so quickly! I know you guys are going to be super busy the next couple of days :)

How weird - wonder if it is my browser at work blocking the site then :confused3

Thank you Kathy for looking.

It seems to vary whether the pictures come up or not. I just was at my trip report and at first there were no pictures, just
[ IMG ] (without the space) , then when I went back, they were there suddenly. It seems to vary whether the pictures come up or not. I just was at my trip report and at first there were no pictures, just
[ IMG] (without the space) , then when I went back, they were there suddenly.

I'm only seeing like 2 pictures in my trip report when i click on the link thats in my signature what do i do? i really am glad to see ppl saying the pictures are coming back though hopefully mine will too on both of my threads in my signature!!

@disneydude365 Hmm, I'm not a mod so I can't review the underlying content of your posts (with the BBcode visible) but it looks as though there might be a nesting issue with your linked images. The correct method would be to nest the IMG tag within a URL link, but it could be that some of yours are the other way around (URL placed inside the IMG tag). Could you maybe check the raw codes by editing your TR post and see what it shows?

Let me try both ways and see what shows up:

First as:
Code:
[URL='http://s104.photobucket.com/user/andrewilley/media/Misc%20Images/IMG_1750_mod.jpg.html'][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/andrewilley/Misc%20Images/IMG_1750_mod.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Then as:
Code:
[IMG][URL=http://s104.photobucket.com/user/andrewilley/media/Misc%20Images/IMG_1750_mod.jpg.html]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/andrewilley/Misc%20Images/IMG_1750_mod.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

URL]

Which version do your image links look like when you try to edit your post?

Andre

Last edited:
My trip report 'Seven years is too long' in the UK Trip reports board has loads of pictures missing. ! They're all still on my photobucket account but have not linked since the new software. Its random, some have stayed and lots have disappeared!

Help

Tony

Last edited:
Could it be what I suggested, that you have URLs within IMGs? Try editing one post so it has the regular format of:

Code:
[IMG]link-to-photo-here[/IMG]

Andre

When I edit the trip report I now get no code displayed. The pics that are still there have no visible code and where the missing pics are its just
[/URL][/IMG]

Its like the original file locations have been removed !

I see what you mean now - the ones which don't display an image are the wrong way round with URL and IMG tags. They used to work when I first uploaded the report, don't know why it has now changed !

Tony

I see what you mean now - the ones which don't display an image are the wrong way round with URL and IMG tags. They used to work when I first uploaded the report, don't know why it has now changed !

I'm guessing that vBulletin (the old boards) could accept the tags either way around, whereas the new forum software seems to need the IMG tags to be correctly nested inside the URL tags, rather than the other way around.

Andre

Thanks anyway Andre. I've just completed the laborious task of re-doing my first 4 days :)

All Ok now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter