Pin Swap- Headed back to you!!

Ill probably just buy them local then, make sure they are the right size etc.

Ill probably just buy them local then, make sure they are the right size etc.

They probably say the size on them if yo do decide to order. Funny, I just got a catalog from them last night and saw some beads too. The size is listed below the beads. There is some cute stuff, you are right : )

OK...so I was and am excited about this swap. It's something different and so cute! BUT.....I am a bit nervous! I am so afraid I am not going to do this right or not buy the right stuff. Making me second guess it! I soooo want to do it! Am I over-thinking it?

OK...so I was and am excited about this swap. It's something different and so cute! BUT.....I am a bit nervous! I am so afraid I am not going to do this right or not buy the right stuff. Making me second guess it! I soooo want to do it! Am I over-thinking it?

Ditto :thumbsup2 I think I might go do some "pre-shopping" to see if I can find beads, etc. I'm assuming these pins should be a little more sophisticated than the ones I made with my girls when they were in elementary school. I'm also nervous about finding the right glue.

I am sure everything you buy will be fine. Don't stress over this swap, this should be the easiest swap ever. If you look at the links I posted at the start it might help, I think there is you-tube videos too if it helps put you at ease to see how easy they are (at work so can't look for you). It is nothing to stress about.

Ditto :thumbsup2 I think I might go do some "pre-shopping" to see if I can find beads, etc. I'm assuming these pins should be a little more sophisticated than the ones I made with my girls when they were in elementary school. I'm also nervous about finding the right glue.

As long as the glue dries clear it should be fine because the glue is mostly under the beads. You do not have to glue every single bead either. You only have to glue the bottom one or two beads on the hat pins OR maybe the edge beads on the safety pins if you think they need it. Don't stress about the beads, if you think the beads are cute- go with it. Whatever you do will be wonderful I am sure.

OK Michelle - reassure us please!!! I so want to do this!!!!

It will be fine!! I really think once you buy a few styles/colors of beads it will be quick and easy. Don't over think and don't worry about making anything super fancy. We all love your work Erin.

Ladies breathe!! Whatever you do will be great!! This should be a stress free swap because of the ease/speed. :grouphug:

ETA: If you look at the pic on the first post of my previous pins from swaps, you see there isn't anything too fancy. Beads themselves are what make the pins cute so not much work and alittle glue.

looked through the oriental trading catalog again, going to order some of their beads after all, they look really cute and prices seem good too!

I'd love to play, but I think I'll sit this out...But, I wanted to let you know that AC Moore has Blue Moon beads and findings for $1 right now. (I think it's because EK Success bought them out and they are doing new packaging).

looked through the oriental trading catalog again, going to order some of their beads after all, they look really cute and prices seem good too!

Can't wait to see them!!

I'd love to play, but I think I'll sit this out...But, I wanted to let you know that AC Moore has Blue Moon beads and findings for $1 right now. (I think it's because EK Success bought them out and they are doing new packaging).

We don't have AC Moore here : ( Maybe someone else will benefit from the sale.

Thanks for the video, Michelle. I was wavering a little on this one. We are in the process of moving, and I wasn't sure I was going to have time, but it looks like you can put them together really quick. So I'm thinking I'm back in for at least a few groups. Our wm is in the processes of updating the craft department, and currently there isn't a lot of choices available. Since wm is my only local option, I may have to order my beads. What size beads do I need? The ones I've looked at use metric measurements, and I have always been terrible at those stinking conversions.:sad2:

Thanks for all your reassurance and hand holding!!

Thanks for the video, Michelle. I was wavering a little on this one. We are in the process of moving, and I wasn't sure I was going to have time, but it looks like you can put them together really quick. So I'm thinking I'm back in for at least a few groups. Our wm is in the processes of updating the craft department, and currently there isn't a lot of choices available. Since wm is my only local option, I may have to order my beads. What size beads do I need? The ones I've looked at use metric measurements, and I have always been terrible at those stinking conversions.:sad2:

Thanks for all your reassurance and hand holding!!

I know I have a lot of different sizes. Most of mine are 5mm or smaller, but that doesn't mean you can't use larger than 5mm beads. I would think anything over 7mm would be too big for scrapbook though if it is a round bead. I found this awesome chart that might help (link below).

http://www.somethingglassy.com/bead-size-chart.htm

I know I have a lot of different sizes. Most of mine are 5mm or smaller, but that doesn't mean you can't use larger than 5mm beads. I would think anything over 7mm would be too big for scrapbook though if it is a round bead. I found this awesome chart that might help (link below).

http://www.somethingglassy.com/bead-size-chart.htm

Thanks so much!! That was just what I needed. I'm a visual person, so those little circles help a lot.

Ok...I'll be here and if I feel nervous or run into trouble, I'll be leaning on our super-sweet hostess!! I really do like how these look, so I can't pass them up!! Thanks for the re-assurance!!!!

Hi! Looking forward to using my stash of beads from my jewelry making phase.

Please sign me up in HatPins - A,B, C, D, E (prefer 4th of July, but will take whatever is available), F, and G.

Thanks for introducing me to a fun new world!

Good Morning!

I would like in the following:

Hat Pin:

A
B
C
D
E

Safety Pin:

B
F

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter