• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pin Trading

Kaitysmom

<font color=blue>My DD got picked as the Big Kahun
Can't do a search on this - sure it has been covered to great extent though -

Do the crew members wear lanyards with DCL pins for trading? At the pin meetings, can you get DCL pins or do you have to buy them? Wondering if I should bring some pins with me... TIA

I don't recall seeing any lanyards generally around the ship, but check your Navigator and it'll give you times of the official pin meets - there will be both guests and CM's there to trade with then. I've gotten some great trades this way!

Lanyards are generally worn most or all of the time by the guest services staff and by the cast members in the shops. There is also one night where the officers come to the lobby and are wearing lanyards. I got a lot of cruise pins off of the lanyards, but they were really basic pins for the most part (nothing real unique). I also got a couple of the WDW "lanyard pins" off some of the CM's lanyards. Good luck!

For a while, Mickey Mouse even did pin trading. You could trade a pin with Mickey to get an exclusive Mickey Mouse pin.

We are leaving for our second cruise inless than a week! Last time we pin traded as several cast members wore lanyard. Like a previous post said -- no fancy pins but it was great for the kids. We felt like we were REALLY in Disney. My boys have their lanyards all ready to go for this trip!

I hope there is trading!!! My DD(9) is all set to go. She even wants to take her book with her. I keep telling her there is only so much I can pack. This is one of her favorite things to do. At WDW she has always been treated SO wonderfully by the CM's. She is always learning something new about pins from them. One CM asked who her favorite character was, then proceeded to give her 3 laynard pins and 3 for her brother who was too busy crashing into people in the surry at the Boardwalk:eek:

There are some CM's who trade"privately" i.e. on their off time with their own pins. When they see someone with a book they know there is a pin trader attached.

I also made some wonderful trades with another cruiser when I saw his book at pin trading.

I see that not a lot of special pins are worn by CMs, but do they have basic cruise line pins that you can't find off the ship? That is primarily what I would be interested in as I don't need any character/park pins.

But wouldn't that be a great idea!!!

CM do occasionally have cruise pins the same ones that can be purchased in Mickey's Mates on their lanyards. You may also see an occasional wine tasting or Mickey2000 pin (these can only be had by attending the event) also remember Castaway Cay pins can only be had on Castaway Cay, so if you see those on a lanyard it is a good thing. There is also a pin trading book that shows up each night at pin trading time. It is on the cart where the pins are sold.

Also there is a cruise pin of the month, but it tends to sell out early in the month.

Hope you and your daughter have a great time.

Thanks for the responses! I can see it now, DD will be happily playing in the Lab and I'll be running around looking for pins :p I think I enjoy it more than she does, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter