Pink Pajamas, Penguins on the Bottom PTR, August 2010 with pics!

I had planned on posting changes to our arrival day. However, there are no changes to be made. I was wavering back and forth on whether or not I wanted Cape May Cafe back as our dinner ADR. Along with my daily hoping to change my lunch Le Cellier to a dinner search, I also searched Cape May for our arrival day dinner with no success. However, a couple days ago, there was an opening via the August Cancelled ADRs thread and I was able to get a 7:55pm ADR for Cape May on our arrival day, Aug 21st. So for fear of losing the ADR again, I am keeping this and looking forward to trying a new restaurant. Plus the new ADR time vs. the old ADR time I had is much better. It's only about 35 minutes earlier but that makes such a difference for us. This way we will be able to get to sleep sooner and I'm sure we will be very exhausted after an all night train ride.

Up Next, Day 6 Plans...

I must share with you what I came home from work to this morning. I wish I had pictures to share but sadly I was too shocked to grab my camera. A few days ago, I told the girls to start setting aside clothes that they wanted to pack and put them in the big suitcase. We have done this on our previous small non-WDW trips and I always have to sort what they really need vs. everything else and I literally mean everything else. They would pack their entire wardrobe if I let them. Not that I am any better but I digress. So this morning I am walking around the house doing various things and gathering my clothes for my bath. I notice the once empty suitcase is now zipped up and bulging a little but decide to deal with it later since I know they will add more items and I will have to sort it anyway. So I continue doing everything I need to get done this morning and as I'm gathering my clothes before I take my bath, I find a few items I would like to add to the pile of things needing to be packed since I know I won't need them before the trip. I open the suitcase to add the items and instead of the normal, crumpled up pile of clothing chaos I am used to, I see clothes (mine, theirs, and their dad's) packed neatly inside one suitcase with the elastic suitcase straps hooked across them to keep them in place. I was shocked. :eek: That was until I noticed that it was nowhere near all of what we needed and some of what we didn't need like a pair of shorts I bought a few years ago in my size that have never fit me. Of course, there were some things of mine I asked them to set aside like some Disney PJs I bought a few months ago and some of their summer clothes. Needless to say, I was completely shocked to find the suitcase in this condition. So this showed me that they are definitely getting excited to go. But so am I! :banana::banana: I can't believe we leave in 22 DAYS!! :cool1::cool1:

Soon, I will post our Day 6 Plans but there are a few revisions I need to make to them first before I can. Hope everyone is having a marvelous week! :goodvibes

How exciting that the luggage is getting packed! Not only because it shows your trip is getting closer, but because it shows your girls are getting older/more responsible...not to mentioned, excited themselves!

How exciting that the luggage is getting packed! Not only because it shows your trip is getting closer, but because it shows your girls are getting older/more responsible...not to mentioned, excited themselves!

I know. I can't wait until the real packing begins!

Ahem. How come I did not know you started this? I am sooooooo late to the party but I am coming back after dinner to catch up. Just in time for you to go. :rotfl2:

Aww, the girls are clearly excited! That's great that they tried to help everyone out with packing-- so sweet!

Ahem. How come I did not know you started this? I am sooooooo late to the party but I am coming back after dinner to catch up. Just in time for you to go. :rotfl2:

Better late than never :goodvibes I loved reading your previous PTR and TR. Trying to get caught up on your new one. I'm so glad you are reading along! Thanks for joining in! :cool1:

Aww, the girls are clearly excited! That's great that they tried to help everyone out with packing-- so sweet!

Yes they are getting more excited daily and freaking out about how close we are to leaving!

Hi! Joining in! We are going back to Disney next year and thinking about August. Can't wait to hear about your trip. We are also wanting to take the Amtrak! So I really cannot wait to hear about that part of your trip. Take lots of pics on the train please :thumbsup2

Your girls are beautiful and they must be sooo excited. The suitcase story was very cute. My kids have packed before our trips too and it's so cute.

First off, I want to apologize for my delay in posting. Work has been extra busy lately. Seems they are torturing me for going on vacation by giving me as many back to back days as possible. I've been working a lot of 7 days straight instead of the usual 4. This will pretty much be continuous until right before we leave. Fortunately and I don't know how it happened, they gave me the Thursday night off before we leave that Friday morning. I was expecting to have to work that night and then come home, get a shower, do last minute packing and leave. Now I don't have to worry about that so I can get a full night of sleep and be rested for our long train ride to Florida. And in the midst of my busy schedule, one of my co-worker friends is transferring to another location about 3 hours away. She has been one of my closer friends at work and has been great to talk to or vent to about life or work issues. But this move is something good for her so I am very excited for her and hope everything works out great.

So now onto our Day 6 Plans.

I was a little reluctant to write this day since it is getting close to the end of our trip. Plus, there isn't a lot planned for this day. However, it is one of my favorite days. :goodvibes

Day 6 Plans:

Today will be a relaxing day for us. I plan for us to sleep in, swim in POP pools, have a relaxing lunch at PH in DTD or B&C at the Boardwalk, then go to DHS for Fantasmic and a few rides in the evening. I hadn't originally planned to go to DHS this day but when I found out Fantasmic would be showing this night, I changed my mind. However, if no one is up for going to DHS then we may go to MK instead. Just all depends on how we feel. Then we'll head back to POP to split a POP pizza or order delivery from Giordano's if that's still possible. Then off to sleep before we begin our last day at Epcot and Dinner with a Rat! :)

Phew! All caught up! Sorry it took so long, work has been crazy :scared:

Let me start with a hug :hug: for you for your Mom. I've had a falling out with my mom as well and though I'm not ready yet to forgive, I'm glad you were able to mend your fences. :goodvibes

Next, your kiddos are too cute! The packed suitcase had me laughing! :laughing:

I love the name of your PTR.... I hadn't heard the chant before. What a great memory and I'm going to sing it next time I hear the song. Which shouldn't be too long from now as Lion King is Ariana's (DD13) ultimate favorite thing to listen to on youtube! :simba:

Your plans look great! Can't wait to hear more before you go..... you are doing a TR too I hope?

Phew! All caught up! Sorry it took so long, work has been crazy :scared:

Let me start with a hug :hug: for you for your Mom. I've had a falling out with my mom as well and though I'm not ready yet to forgive, I'm glad you were able to mend your fences. :goodvibes

Next, your kiddos are too cute! The packed suitcase had me laughing! :laughing:

I love the name of your PTR.... I hadn't heard the chant before. What a great memory and I'm going to sing it next time I hear the song. Which shouldn't be too long from now as Lion King is Ariana's (DD13) ultimate favorite thing to listen to on youtube! :simba:

Your plans look great! Can't wait to hear more before you go..... you are doing a TR too I hope?

I understand completely. My job is giving me a hard time since I'm going on vacation. I haven't been working there very long, only about 5 months. So when I go on vacation, it is unpaid time off. Therefore, they have been working me a lot lately. Last night I worked from 10pm to 9am. Normally, I get in at 10pm and leave at 7am. It's nice though cause I'm getting a good bit of overtime which means more souvenirs. :goodvibes

:hug: Thank you for your kind words about my mom. It has been a year of ups and downs since but it is nice to be able to know that things were worked out between us. I think in the end we decided it was easier to go on with our lives than dwell on the past issues we had. We both realized our relationship and love was more important than anything else. Just wish my stepdad would be that way, too. And I'm sure your situation with your mom will work out, too. :goodvibes Sometimes all it takes is a little time. With my mom, it took about 6 years to get to where we were.

Thanks about the kids, too. They are very excited and ask me daily about the trip. Haylee can't believe we are getting so close to the trip and honestly neither can I. It seems just yesterday that we had over 200 days to go.

Thanks about the title. I had no idea it was this big thing with that comedian as I'm sure you read about in my PTR. I just remembered my mom and brother singing it. So after everything that we've been through, it seemed like a great name for my PTR. Plus I always sing those lyrics everytime I hear that song.

Thanks. I will be posting some more updates in the next few days. Probably not today since I worked so late and am very exhausted. Hopefully tomorrow I can post my Day 7 Plans and possibly another countdown. I am thinking top 10 favorite WDW Attractions.

Also hoping to get caught up on your new PTR soon so that I can also comment on it.

I will be posting some more updates in the next few days. Probably not today since I worked so late and am very exhausted. Hopefully tomorrow I can post my Day 7 Plans and possibly another countdown. I am thinking top 10 favorite WDW Attractions.

Also hoping to get caught up on your new PTR soon so that I can also comment on it.

Take your time, my PTR will still be here when you get back. :goodvibes Rest yourself and concentrate on your fabulous trip coming up in less than TWO WEEKS !! :cool1::banana:

Hi! Joining in! We are going back to Disney next year and thinking about August. Can't wait to hear about your trip. We are also wanting to take the Amtrak! So I really cannot wait to hear about that part of your trip. Take lots of pics on the train please :thumbsup2

Your girls are beautiful and they must be sooo excited. The suitcase story was very cute. My kids have packed before our trips too and it's so cute.

Thanks for joining! The reason you checked out my report is the same reason I read Mickey Mom's PTR and TR for 2009. She went in August and stayed at POP so I wanted to see how it was. I got lots of great tips and cool ideas from her reports. You should definitely check them out, too, if you haven't already.

I will make sure and take plenty of pics of the Amtrak where I'm allowed. From what I heard there are certain places on the train you can't take pics but I'm not sure where that is exactly.

Thanks for your compliment about the girls. They are very excited and still trying to figure out what to do next since the trip is so close. Haylee reminded me the other day that we need to start packing soon and I said I know but it has to wait until Thursday and Friday when I am off so she said ok but she looked a little bummed out that I wasn't doing it sooner.

Take your time, my PTR will still be here when you get back. :goodvibes Rest yourself and concentrate on your fabulous trip coming up in less than TWO WEEKS !! :cool1::banana:

Thanks for saying that and reminding me how close the trip is. :hug: :goodvibes I have been having such a rough week that I haven't really been able to take time to enjoy the fact that the trip is so close.

I must admit to all of you that I have been in a bit of a slump lately. I have been feeling down and not really enjoying my planning for WDW as much as I usually do. Work has been more difficult than usual. It has a lot to do with it being Back To School time. See, currently, I work for a retail store which has been going through a huge remodel. So there has been chaos everywhere since I started working there in March. Many years ago, I swore to myself I'd never work in retail again once I had gotten an office type job. However, the recession and ailing family members required me to take what I could get. It was a great distraction since the job started right after Mom passed away. It was chaotic and fun at the same time, up until the last week or so. I work in a very busy department and usually require some assistance which management understands. But since Back to School and the NC Tax Free weekend were happening, my normal assistance was not available since they were helping in the Back to School section. This has meant I have worked overtime every single day this past week/weekend. Overtime is great and means more money for souvenirs. However, it also equals a more stressed out me. That was until today. Now of course, I started off by having my usual hideous work morning but I finally realized it was time to get off my butt and start applying for CNA jobs again. I have been putting this off for months. When Mom died, I just couldn't apply anywhere. I don't know why exactly but it just didn't feel right. So about two weeks ago, before all the craziness at work, I made a list of nursing homes to apply to. That would mean I would need to call them to see if they are hiring and then go to them and apply. Most nursing homes still require paper applications instead of the online ones. So again, I've been putting off making the calls until today. I finally made the calls and found out that a few I'm interested in plus a couple more are hiring. So this week, either Thursday or Friday when I'm off, I'm going to apply in person to these places. Wish me luck and blessings with this cause I really need them right now. Mostly because if I don't get a CNA job by November and work at least 8 hours, I'll lose my CNA license and have to take a renewal course to get it back and there is a very long waitlist for that in my area.

Up Next, Day 7 Plans....:)

I must admit to all of you that I have been in a bit of a slump lately. I have been feeling down and not really enjoying my planning for WDW as much as I usually do. Work has been more difficult than usual. It has a lot to do with it being Back To School time. See, currently, I work for a retail store which has been going through a huge remodel. So there has been chaos everywhere since I started working there in March. Many years ago, I swore to myself I'd never work in retail again once I had gotten an office type job. However, the recession and ailing family members required me to take what I could get. It was a great distraction since the job started right after Mom passed away. It was chaotic and fun at the same time, up until the last week or so. I work in a very busy department and usually require some assistance which management understands. But since Back to School and the NC Tax Free weekend were happening, my normal assistance was not available since they were helping in the Back to School section. This has meant I have worked overtime every single day this past week/weekend. Overtime is great and means more money for souvenirs. However, it also equals a more stressed out me. That was until today. Now of course, I started off by having my usual hideous work morning but I finally realized it was time to get off my butt and start applying for CNA jobs again. I have been putting this off for months. When Mom died, I just couldn't apply anywhere. I don't know why exactly but it just didn't feel right. So about two weeks ago, before all the craziness at work, I made a list of nursing homes to apply to. That would mean I would need to call them to see if they are hiring and then go to them and apply. Most nursing homes still require paper applications instead of the online ones. So again, I've been putting off making the calls until today. I finally made the calls and found out that a few I'm interested in plus a couple more are hiring. So this week, either Thursday or Friday when I'm off, I'm going to apply in person to these places. Wish me luck and blessings with this cause I really need them right now. Mostly because if I don't get a CNA job by November and work at least 8 hours, I'll lose my CNA license and have to take a renewal course to get it back and there is a very long waitlist for that in my area.

Up Next, Day 7 Plans....:)

I will say a prayer that you can get one of the CNA jobs you apply for. Good luck! :thumbsup2

I finally made the calls and found out that a few I'm interested in plus a couple more are hiring. So this week, either Thursday or Friday when I'm off, I'm going to apply in person to these places. Wish me luck and blessings with this cause I really need them right now.

I'm sorry about your slump. :hug: Sending you luck and pixiedust for your job hunt but it sounds like you'll have a few exciting options at the places that are hiring. I hope you find what works best for you.

(Thank you for the shoutouts to my August PTR/TR by the way! I'm so glad you got some ideas from them... doesn't the DIS rock?!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter