• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pins ?

Tracy72

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

Has anyone received a Pin for Accommodation at Disney ? Just wondering if it is just for American residents.

Cheers

Tracy

I was sort of wondering that too, because there's also different discounts for UK residents to what there is on the general WDW site :confused3

Why are we neglected!?! :lmao:

I've been trying for 2 trips now to get a pin. This time round it's harder because only North American residents can request for the planning DVD. Seems like if you request for the planning DVD, they use that database for handing out pins. I got a DVD this time from the Australian arm, just in case. I've even gone on line to register in the hope that they use that database for giving out pins. I can't remember...but I think for the 2005 trip, I managed to get the DVD sent from America; but still no pin.

I did read somewhere that an Aussie did get snail mailed a pin....but can't remember exactly where or which thread that was in. Might have been in the Aussie Planning thread in the Disneyland section???

I'm wondering whether I'll score a bounceback offer when I get on-site this year....

Yes, I agree that we are a bit of a neglected audience - I think we should be able to access discounts at least comparable to the UK.

I have done all I can to get a pin - I have had mail sent to me from Disney at my cousins house in LA, I have been online and booked and cancelled phantom trips, I have ordered DVD's, I have even been to the front desk of my hotel and ASKED for one last year! The people in the room next door to us got one, but they were from Kentucky. I had no luck.

I have no idea how they allocate their pins, or what the model they use is for working out who deserves one and who doesn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter