Pirate Cruise Full - Any Advice?

budley2000

Earning My Ears
We are taking ds, who is 4, to WDW Dec. 8 - 15 and I just found out about the Pirate Cruise at the Grand Floridian. I think he would absolutely love this, but it's all booked for the both the Monday and Thursday we could go (it's only offered Mon. & Thurs.). Does anyone have any advice on the best way to take advantage of any cancellations that might occur. Should I just keep calling every day or is it more likely they will have more cancellations the day before the event (you must give 24 hours notice or there's a no show charge of $15)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Kathy

Kathy,

sorry to hear you couldn't get on, apparently you need to call on the 120 day out mark to get on this increasingly popular event. If it were me I would continue to call each week and check for a cancellation, then as it gets closer (the week you go) I'd call each day right up to the day of the cruise. But as an earlier post suggested to me, do not go to the dock hoping to squeeze on as it sets your child up for major disappointment. How about booking the cooking class as an alternative? Good luck.

This past summer I couldn't get my kids into the Pirate Cruise so I booked the Grand Adventures in Cooking instead. They loved it!

Thanks so much for your advice. I will definitely check out Grand Adventures in Cooking as an alternative.

Hi Kathy,

We're going to be there the same week-and if it makes you feel any better-I called 120 outs for the pirate cruise on Thursday and couldn't get it. We're in Colorado and I got up about 7AM-9AM FL time and it was already full!! I did get my daughter in the GA in Cooking on Tuesday so maybe we'll see you there. We had planned to do both. There is also a Wonderland Tea Party-some boys go to it but it is mostly girls. I think it fills up early too. Good luck!

Joy

My son went on the Pirate Cruise a few weeks ago and as the kids were boarding, two kids decided that they just could not go without mom or dad. The cruise left with two empty seats. Keep trying to the end! FYI - My 6yo son had a blast on the cruise, while my husband and I had a nice quiet breakfast!

Our 3 dd's did the pirate cruise last month. There were so many no-shows. If you cant get a PS maybe just show up that day? couldn't hurt.

Good luck!
curly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter