Pixar Fest- April 26-August 4

They were rehearsing for the parade after midnight when we were staying at VGC. I could just barely see the performers and what looked like the Luca and Inside Out floats as they went by Jumpin’ Jellyfish. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s thoughts on the parade package since we won’t be going again until July.
I'm going in June and will for sure post a review on here.

Just booked the Parade Viewing for May 7th. When you book it says you get 6 pretzels which was very appealing to me but I see its an actual dessert thing. I look forward to seeing the parade with a seat
I am seeing the same thing and wondering if it is a mistake. The photo very obviously shows a Pixar-themed dessert plate.

Pixar Parade Dessert party Review:

My family attended the dessert party over the weekend, and it was our first dessert party!

They had us check in via the app, and then they send a text to return to officially check in, once your table is assigned. They primarily have low top tables, that sit in the sun w/o an umbrella. The high tops are covered, however are in the area of Sonoma that faces the side walk behind the gate.
Tables are shared, with chairs facing the street.

The dessert plate included 2 types of cheeses: baby bel and another soft type of cheese. one water cracker packet, a bunch of red grapes, large Mike/Sully cookie butter chocolate chip cookie covered in icing and sprinkles, a baby bundt, a small size of Pixar three layer/three colored slice of cake. Salami, grape soda macaron, star rice Krispie treat.

Drinks: all you can drink - bottled water, iced tea, iced cold brew w/fruity pebbles, specialty mocktail, canned sodas.

I took a majority of the sweets home, however, the soft cheese w/ the salami was delicious. The star of the menu was the cold brew imo, not too sweet and strong enough to hit the spot. The serving size of the cakes was on the small side. The mocktail was refreshing but very sweet imo, hint of coconut.

The parade was very cute, and the music was joyous and fun, summer upbeat. The floats were ok? The Luca and Soul Floats were pretty! Woody's float was lackluster imo. Monster's Inc had to share a float w/ other characters which was weird. I prefer Magic Happens, but this parade is a nice summer addition.

Overall, we had a good time, but I wouldn't do it again. It wasn't worth the money. It was hot this weekend and I was sweating sitting there. The cake icing melted lol

I believe they should allow for seconds of the dessert, because I wanted another macaron lol But also, I felt like I would be fine finding a location to observe the parade w/o needing a seat. We were sitting right on the edge of the line, so if up close and personal is important, then it may be worth it.

Going this morning

Excited to see everything

I see mixed reviews like season of the force....but I think its depends on what you like to do

I think the new new themed areas look great if you like photo ops and characters....if you dont then yeah I see how the event isn't amazing but even then we get a parade, fireworks, we also for the first time in a while have two parades going and Fantamsic is back soon

I still think summer will offer the most in terms of value for the day ticket people but thats just me

I think the biggest let down is Club Pixar. Most we’re expecting Mad Tea Party but got a few games instead.

The neons look cute but the whole thing is scheduled to be over before the Sun even goes down in the summer.

Everything seem more geared to kids not adults.

Going this morning

Excited to see everything

I see mixed reviews like season of the force....but I think its depends on what you like to do

I think the new new themed areas look great if you like photo ops and characters....if you dont then yeah I see how the event isn't amazing but even then we get a parade, fireworks, we also for the first time in a while have two parades going and Fantamsic is back soon

I still think summer will offer the most in terms of value for the day ticket people but thats just me
I think it's nice they emphasized family friendly elements and activities for small children to enjoy. I'm not saying it should be at the expense of entertainment for adults too, but it is refreshing to see a lot of family friendly activities not focused on selling people as much alcohol as possible. I'm not judging anyone for enjoying food and drinks, and that's perfectly fine. At DCA, there is very little for little kids to do, especially with Redwood Creek still closed. It's nice they at least tried something in Hollywoodland to focus on kids, even if their execution is lacking.

The Pros
The Meet and Greets are great.
The Parade is good not amazing but...for sure draws crowds
Little kids will love most of the dance party stuff
The Decorations in DCA and the middle area is great, I also like it in Disneyland but get why others dont

Cons
Both the Pixar area's close far too early for the park hours
Club Pixar has some fun things but should have more "adult" vibes after 8 PM.
Club Pixar has ZERO meet and greets, lol

I think the event plus season of the force makes going now pretty great, the only thing that will hurt your day is when rides break down....DCA LL lines were INSANE like 30 mins after 5 PM, your paying for this and they need to find a better way for lines to not back up...I can't imagine how bad it got for general lines

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter