Pixie Dust for DS and his GF at Hearthstone Lounge!!!

pklein09

Winner DVC Trivia Contest April 2006
DS and his GF flew from FL to Disneyland for her college graduation. They're there for only 4 days in the parks. Last night, May 9, they planned for dinner at the Hearthstone Lounge in the Grand Californian for their splurge meal of the trip. Here is his string of texts to us this morning:

"Last night we went to dinner something CRAZY happened."

"We went to hearthstone lounge which is a nice little secluded lounge in the Grand Californian hotel and for the first time we ordered drinks."

"Nothing too out of this world outside of the face that that was gonna be an expensive dinner (the most expensive of the trip in fact)."

"We got seated at a little table in the corner of the room which was nice because it was quiet and there was only one other person sitting next to us."

"And the guy that was next to us was kinda odd like he would make comments about the people next to him (nothing malicious or bad, just like "oh I wish I had their soda" or "it's been a while since the waiter has come around"), and he was there completely alone."

"He seemed pretty alright otherwise."

"But we come around the end of the meal and as we're waiting for the check the guy gets up and leaves."

"And a couple of minutes later the waiter comes by and tells us "I'd like to let you know the gentleman next to you has paid for your dinner and you can take your time and head out whenever you want."

"And he was long gone by the time we had found out and we couldn't even say thank you or anything."

They were trying to remember anything about him and all they could come up with was MAYBE a retired veteran and MAYBE he owned a brewery or he was a beer connoisseur or something along those lines. And he had a mustache. My son's girlfriend said that he genuinely did them a HUGE favor.

I said I would post over here in the hopes that their thanks would get back to this gentleman. They were blown away by his kindness and generosity.

If anyone out there knows him or knows any employees at the lounge who might know him, please extend our gratitude.

:love::worship:

What a kind man! I hope he sees this. I’m glad your son and girlfriend had such a nice experience. Congratulations to both of them on their graduation! My oldest just graduated from college as well and got to do a few days in WDW. Best wishes to both your son and his GF!

OMG!! This makes me so happy. There are many truly wonderful people in the world, and it is always a good practice to be kind. I'm sure that guy was so happy to have shared in your DS and GF's big night. I love "pay it forward" moments and someday, they'll have a chance to do that.

My sister and I once had a chance to meet a wonderful elderly lady who was by herself in Hearthstone Lounge. She was knitting, which is something I also enjoy, and we noticed she had been there alone for quite some time. We looked at each other and decided to see if she'd like to join us. I approached her as a fellow knitter and you wouldn't believe the wonderful time the 3 of us had! She did indeed join us. She was at DLR with her family but they were all younger and she wasn't up to running around in the parks anymore that day. The three of us spent a couple of hours together before her family came back. We found many commonalities and exchanged addresses. We stayed in touch and it was one of the best moments I've had at DLR.

She passed away a few years ago, but I'll never forget how one little moment of sharing with someone changed all of our lives.

DS and his GF flew from FL to Disneyland for her college graduation. They're there for only 4 days in the parks. Last night, May 9, they planned for dinner at the Hearthstone Lounge in the Grand Californian for their splurge meal of the trip. Here is his string of texts to us this morning:

"Last night we went to dinner something CRAZY happened."

"We went to hearthstone lounge which is a nice little secluded lounge in the Grand Californian hotel and for the first time we ordered drinks."

"Nothing too out of this world outside of the face that that was gonna be an expensive dinner (the most expensive of the trip in fact)."

"We got seated at a little table in the corner of the room which was nice because it was quiet and there was only one other person sitting next to us."

"And the guy that was next to us was kinda odd like he would make comments about the people next to him (nothing malicious or bad, just like "oh I wish I had their soda" or "it's been a while since the waiter has come around"), and he was there completely alone."

"He seemed pretty alright otherwise."

"But we come around the end of the meal and as we're waiting for the check the guy gets up and leaves."

"And a couple of minutes later the waiter comes by and tells us "I'd like to let you know the gentleman next to you has paid for your dinner and you can take your time and head out whenever you want."

"And he was long gone by the time we had found out and we couldn't even say thank you or anything."

They were trying to remember anything about him and all they could come up with was MAYBE a retired veteran and MAYBE he owned a brewery or he was a beer connoisseur or something along those lines. And he had a mustache. My son's girlfriend said that he genuinely did them a HUGE favor.

I said I would post over here in the hopes that their thanks would get back to this gentleman. They were blown away by his kindness and generosity.

If anyone out there knows him or knows any employees at the lounge who might know him, please extend our gratitude.

:love::worship:
That is SO sweet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter