Planning A Friend's Wedding

FayeW

DIS Veteran
My friend is planning to elope, probably next year (her fiance lives in the UK and due to health and financial considerations, neither family is able to travel to attend the wedding. They don't want to hurt one side or the other by having a wedding where only one family could attend). Anyway, I have suggested that she join us for a few days on our holiday in March, and she has now tasked me to find out what all is involved in non-residents marrying in Florida. Any idea where I should start?

I've spent alot of time researching this (some would say tooo much!!) as we are planning to be married at WDW Oct of 2004. We are from Canada-basically we just need to show up at the court house with our ID and get our liscence. There is no waiting period for us and everything is pretty uncomplicated as neither of us have been married before.
I have found a yahoo group called disneymooners-I suggest you join-you will find a wealth of info-things you would never think of!! Also to plan a disney wedding-the event managers can be very busy and if you aren't well informed you may miss out on something!
Here is the link
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneymooners/
come and join us!!
There are other UK brides/grooms on the board.
If budget is a concern a company called www.justmarry.com has the rights to hold weddings at the Swan/Dolphin, they have a beautiful location and all the brides who have gone this route have raved about their wedding and level of service! You basically get a whole lot more bang for your buck! This is what we are planning for our wedding. The location is gorgeous!
There is also a wedding forum here on the dis but it doesn't see a whole lot of action.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Grover in Winnipeg

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter