Planning a wedding at Disney World from the UK & need some help on where to start &#6503

Hi there everyone, I am completely new to this so please bear with me ��

I am recently engaged and my h2b and I have decided on a Disney World Wedding, we plan on having our two best friends and their partners with us, our toddler (he will be 3 at the time) and possibly my sister and her husband and 2 children (but they aren't sure yet if they can come). Anyway I have been looking on the website and been using the wedding planning tool but whenever it comes to enquiring properly it just gives me the phone number or an enquiry form which when filling in the address part only gives me the options for the US. Does anybody know how else I can contact them? Also anyone else from the UK who had or is having their wedding there how did you start to plan?
I am very interested in an 'Escape' package, am looking at Seabreeze point and the other thing I really want is to marry on Halloween 2015 ��. It says on the website (on the wedding planning tool) that they start planning 9 months before so at the moment I can't select an option for next October. Can you plan earlier or will they not start planning until 9 months before? Does anyone know if they will hold a wedding on Halloween? Also I am interested in the park photo shoots with two locations, has anyone had them and what do they recommend?

I want to have photos at the main park and animal kingdom, especially the Tibetan/Nepal area. My mum grew up near Tibet and as she passed away I just think it would be special and means a lot to me). I have seen that the packages only allow an hour including transportation and was wondering if you booked two locations would that be an hour for each or just one hour for both because that really doesn't allow much time!
Another thing we would want to look into is the web streaming of the wedding for family back home. Anyone had that? What was it like? Sorry so many questions!

Did anyone have characters at their wedding? They only give you the option of a few characters but I was hoping if we had a Halloween wedding if there might be a chance of having Jack and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas, do you know if they have that option? Have you had a particular favourite character and asked for them?

Although I want to marry at Disney I don't want to spend our entire trip there, we were planning on going over, hiring a villa and then marrying near the end of the trip and spending a few nights at Disney, the day we marry, possibly the night before we marry for me and my bridesmaids and then a few nights after. Has anyone else done this? Anyway as you can see I am completely at the start of this journey and although I have asked loads of questions even if you can't answer most of them I would just generally love any kind of help! I feel like all my thoughts are just swimming around my head at the moment, feeling a bit overwhelmed and I just want to start properly planning my wedding��

Many thanks

❤️ Bethany ❤️

Welcome and congratulations.

An Escape wedding is easy to plan from the UK. You can talk to Disney from 9 months and book at 8 months. Yes you can marry on Halloween. I don't know if you can have Jack and Sally. The 2 location park shoot is very popular, I'm not sure how long you get at each but I don't think its an hour in each park. Some people have been very disappointed in their photos as Disney photography has been very hit or miss in the past, I think it might be improving though. We streamed our wedding over the internet although not through Disney. I rang when I booked my wedding, its only a short conversation as the receptionist just takes your info then a planner rings you back. If that's what you want to do go for it but most people tend to do it the opposite way, marry at the beginning and then honeymoon. You need to stay onsite for 4 nights with an Escape wedding.

I highly recommend this book:

http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/passporters-disney-weddings/

Escape Cakes:

http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/escape-cakes/

Escape Flowers:

http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/escape-bouquets/

Thank you so so much, I will definitely check out those websites. Yay!
We only had the idea to marry near the end of the holiday just because there is so much we want to do in the October (mainly Halloween Horror nights at Universal) that it made sense to do those first and then have the wedding on Halloween and then a few days after at Disney. It helps to know the 4 night thing. Will have a little re-think (maybe consider extending our holiday - that's never a bad thing) :D
I think I might give them a ring directly then.
Ahhhh I am so unbelievably excited!! Xxx

Thank you so so much, I will definitely check out those websites. Yay!
We only had the idea to marry near the end of the holiday just because there is so much we want to do in the October (mainly Halloween Horror nights at Universal) that it made sense to do those first and then have the wedding on Halloween and then a few days after at Disney. It helps to know the 4 night thing. Will have a little re-think (maybe consider extending our holiday - that's never a bad thing) :D
I think I might give them a ring directly then.
Ahhhh I am so unbelievably excited!! Xxx

Very happy to help, if you have other questions just let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter