Planning Advice for a Former WDW 'Expert'?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
In my social circle I was the go-to guy for WDW advice since 1999, now I'm in need of guidance. We last entered WDW in Feb of 2020 pre Covid, last Feb we got our fix by dining twice at Big River after which we rode the Friendship boats and the Skyliner. Next Feb/March we'll be in Kissimmee for 20 days and want to actually do some parks.

We're confused as to which passes to get, I doubt hopping will be an option as we'll be 20 mins away so taking a break is out and we're hesitant to buy 4 day non hoppers in case we don't like the experience we have on day one. Wifey suggests buying one pass each, giving Epcot a whirl then getting more if we enjoy the experience. Also, the Genie thing is all new to us. Naturally we'd like to do the E Ticket rides in whatever park(s) we enter. Our possible dates are Feb 13 - March 5.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

My understanding is a one-day ticket is the most expensive ticket and it gets "cheaper" (on a per day basis) the more days you purchase. Something to consider so there's not sticker shock when you see one-day price and say to yourself "wait that's just for ONE DAY?"

I agree with no park hopping, but that's personal preference. I prefer to stay at one park each day then lose time traveling.

From what I've read on the boards - Genie+ (the option for $15 per day, per person where you can access a group of rides within the day depending on availability and timing) is not really needed for Epcot as lines aren't too long. However WDW also offers "Individual Lighting Lanes" at Epcot just for Remy's Ratatouille Adventure and/or Frozen Ever After. If you don't want to wait long to ride those two rides, you can purchase faster access just for those two. Not sure the price. And anything that is available for individual lightning lane selection is standalone and not included in the G+ $15 option. There are two Individual Lighting Lane attractions designated for each park. If you are staying offsite I believe you can't arrange access until the time that the specific park opens that day vs. onsite guests are able to purchase and make selections at 7 AM day of. No advance (day before or earlier) rez can be made for any of this except for pre-purchasing Genie+ with all selections to made day of.

I would think you should get a 4 day pass so you can check out each park so you at least say you tried each one. But do your homework on what rides/attractions you want to do. Then you can just upgrade your ticket for additional days if you so prefer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter