Planning trip to Knotts Berry Farm

cookiebandit

Earning My Ears
We're going to Knott's on Thanksgiving. I've been there once before - like 1988? (I was like 9 then).

I've been trying to look up information about Knott's online with not much luck. Hopefully someone can help answer these questions:

Do they have a bag/security check?

Can you bring in outside food? I don't mean like a cooler or anything, but like some snacks and/or water. (Is it like DL where outside food is not "permitted" but CMs don't say anything if you bring it in?)

How far is the parking lot from the entrance? (Like at DL, you take a tram...)

Are you really not allowed to bring backpacks onto the rides? I know that because a lot of the rides are roller coasters (and it'd be difficult/impossible to be secured into the seat with a harness or whatever, while still carrying a bag), but do you really have to put your stuff in a locker or have someone in your party not ride and just watch the bags? (This is what they suggest on KBF's website).

We're going mostly because my parents get in for free (they both work for county social service-type depts) and they get to bring in a guest for free. My parents aren't into roller coasters (on our last trip to DL, they decided not to go on Matterhorn or Big Thunder - which they've gone on previously). I'm not that into roller coasters either, but I figure since admission is free, why not? It'll just be the $10 for parking (and some $ for souvenirs/foods).

Thanks!

They do have a bag check similar to other amusment/theme parks.

With the food, Knott's policy is similar to DL's.

The walk from the main parking lot to the entrance is no more than 5 minutes.

If you're not really into roller coasters, then why does it matter whether or not you can carry them onto the thrill rides? Also since your parents also aren't going to be riding the big rides, they can carry the bag if you do decide to ride.

If you're not really into roller coasters, then why does it matter whether or not you can carry them onto the thrill rides? Also since your parents also aren't going to be riding the big rides, they can carry the bag if you do decide to ride.

Well, there are some rides (the log ride and bigfoot rapids) that I think we all will want to ride. I kind of remember there was a center storage area on bigfoot (or was that on magic mountain's rapids-like ride?).

Thanks for the info!

For the log ride and rapids you can definitely take your stuff on with you. If you're worried about it getting wet, stuff it under your sweatshirt/shirt or rent a locker. I do think Bigfoot Rapids has the central storage area.

Answering my own thread, just in case someone else needs this information.

Bag/security check - they barely look. DL's bag check is a tad bit more thorough than Knott's. The guy even joked that my mom's bag (which was pretty big) was too small for him to fit in (to check). I opened up my bag for the guy to look, he kind of turned his head like he was looking but I doubt he even looked. So yeah, you could bring in all the food you want and they wouldn't see.

Parking - we followed signs to the Western Entrance (which happened to be closed for Thanksgiving) and ended up having to drive around to find the parking lot. We turned too soon and ended up in the hotel parking lot - the attendee directed us to the correct lot. It's not like DL, where they have CMs directing you to exact parking locations. The $10 parking is a per-entry fee (if I remember the parking ticket wording). If you leave the parking lot, you have to pay again.

Some rides, like GhostRider and WaveSwinger - I think they make you leave your stuff on the side. GhostRider has little cubbies for you to put stuff while for WaveSwinger, we just dumped our bags on the grass. I think you also have to take off flip-flops on WaveSwinger because they might fall off. Anyway, this leaving your bag on the side is definitely something you would not see at DL, for security reasons (though DL doesn't really have rides that would require it).

It should be. Actually, if you take in an unwrapped toy worth at least $10, you get in free. It's Toys for Tots weekend. So expect crowds.

Yup, it was decorated for Christmas. The log ride is also decked out for Christmas, though I found the elves to be a little disturbing... lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter