Planning yay!

almburr

DIS Veteran
My boyfriend and I will be going to WDW next year. No date set yet, but closing in on a window of dates we want to go. I had a previous post about going with his service dog. We sat and talked about it and He wants to travel without her. So our plan is to have her is some in depth training with another trainer while were are gone. Im planning everything and having him watch as many videos as he can on the parks. Yes, its ok that he doesnt have his Service Dog with him on this trip, and yes its a real service dog. BF wants to try it without her, I will be there and I can help mitigate his disabilities. Im planning plenty of down time and we will do what we can. I will try and get him the DAS pass when we get to the first park. He is rather excited about going, Im a little nervous. But all will work out.

How exciting to be going to DIsney world. Why are you nervous about the trip maybe someone on here can help answer any question you have.

How exciting to be going to Disney world. Why are you nervous about the trip maybe someone on here can help answer any question you have.
I want it to be a perfect vacation. Im used to the looks we get when we are out and my boyfriend holds my arm and i kind of lead him through crowds. Im nervous It will be too overwhelming at times. But he reassures me that if he can sit down and take a break it will be fine. He said hes happy when I'm happy. He'd rather see me smiling and having a fantastic time and that makes him have a good time.

I want it to be a perfect vacation. Im used to the looks we get when we are out and my boyfriend holds my arm and i kind of lead him through crowds. Im nervous It will be too overwhelming at times. But he reassures me that if he can sit down and take a break it will be fine. He said hes happy when I'm happy. He'd rather see me smiling and having a fantastic time and that makes him have a good time.

Since you hve been on the DIS since 2006 I am guessing you have been to disney a number of times.

so you should know that the parks are packed and crowded there are a lot of people there and most are trying to get to the next ride or activities That they most likely will not notice your boyfriend has any type of Disability at all. I have found the more you try to make something a perfect trip the less perfect it will be, Have a few must-do for your trip ( maybe 3 FP rides and someplace you really want to eat for the day or a show to see) and then a few things that if you have time you can do. If something comes up and you can not do something do not let it get you down. Depending on his disability he might need to take breaks often he might need to start later in the day or end early that is ok. Just remember your t Disney and there is magic all around you.

Since you hve been on the DIS since 2006 I am guessing you have been to disney a number of times.

so you should know that the parks are packed and crowded there are a lot of people there and most are trying to get to the next ride or activities That they most likely will not notice your boyfriend has any type of Disability at all. I have found the more you try to make something a perfect trip the less perfect it will be, Have a few must-do for your trip ( maybe 3 FP rides and someplace you really want to eat for the day or a show to see) and then a few things that if you have time you can do. If something comes up and you can not do something do not let it get you down. Depending on his disability he might need to take breaks often he might need to start later in the day or end early that is ok. Just remember your t Disney and there is magic all around you.

Its been 9 years since my last trip, so I am considering myself a Newbie again lol The only thing he really wants to do is the Star Wars ROtR. He excitied for the food too. His disability is invisable which helps at times. I suggested start early and go from there. As long as Im close he does ok.

Its been 9 years since my last trip, so I am considering myself a Newbie again lol The only thing he really wants to do is the Star Wars ROtR. He excitied for the food too. His disability is invisable which helps at times. I suggested start early and go from there. As long as Im close he does ok.
Ok your a kindof newbe I took off a few years too ( about 10-14 years) There was a lot of things the same but a lot that was different I would really try and FP the star wars ride ( by next year it should be a FP ride)

if you think the DAS will help him make sure you or him can let the CM know his concerns for the lines that do not have to do with walking standing

Ok your a kindof newbe I took off a few years too ( about 10-14 years) There was a lot of things the same but a lot that was different I would really try and FP the star wars ride ( by next year it should be a FP ride)

if you think the DAS will help him make sure you or him can let the CM know his concerns for the lines that do not have to do with walking standing

I definitely will be looking into the DAS I think he is a good candidate for it. So when we go to the first park we will see about getting it.

I definitely will be looking into the DAS I think he is a good candidate for it. So when we go to the first park we will see about getting it.
One thing about that I found out about the DAS is it is not a fix-all ( I know other people find it the same way) meaning you also have to use tools available to you ( your boyfriend) to also help for me noise is huge for me I have to have ear protector to even think about going into a park. I can do about two maybe 3 short 10-minute lines then I have to go find a place to hid and just be by myself ( or as much as you can be in a theme park) I set a timer on my phone for every few hours to do what I call a self-check since it is so easy to get caught up in the I am at Disney I sometimes forget when I am hitting my limit until I am passing it. I will just take a few minutes and think is the noise bothering me, and other things that affect my disability This has made a huge impact on my trip since I do not notice when I am coming up on overdoing it until I am passed that point.

anyways I hope some of these suggestion has helped you plan your trip.

I love that you and your BF are going to be walking arm-in-arm - I think it's very sweet! 🙂

Since you haven't been in a while, a few things to know:

First of all, make sure that you all understand how RoTR works to get a Boarding Group, and set the expectation with your BF that not everyone who wants one, gets one. It's my understanding that it's still stupidly crowded at Park open when the Boarding Groups open, and you have to be inside the Park to even try to get in (with both of you there, if you want to ride together!)

Disney World is just more crowded now in general, so remember that when planning, and allow extra time to navigate within the Parks. There are fewer benches and places to sit (overall), so be prepared for that. They always make it look like you will have the whole place to yourself in the commercials, and that is just pure fantasy these days!

Remember that First Aid can be helpful, and there is a First Aid station in each Park. They have generic Tylenol, and they can offer a calm, quiet place if y'all need a serious sensory break.

Be sure to download (and use!) the My Disney Experience app - it's really great, and has updated Parks maps, mobile ordering for almost every Quick Service now, and of course you can manage Fast Passes, see Photo Pass photos and more.

Bag check is mandatory before you enter any Park, and all bags must be searched. If you need to carry medical supplies into the Parks, I recommend putting them in clear zip-lock bags, and that way the Security CMs can see what's there but don't have to maybe touch your supplies. They wear gloves, but don't change them between Guests (can you imagine how many pairs of gloves that would be in a day? WOW!) so I try to minimize the contact by putting all of my "stuff" into zippy bags!

Disney Springs is *amazing* now - there are SO many new places to see, and it's SO much bigger! The Marketplace end (where the old drop-off bus stop was) is physically about the same, but everything else is quite different - including Planet Hollywood! We love to spend time there, especially for brunches and late dinners, and of course, shopping!

I hope that you and your BF have the very best trip you can - don't worry if it's not "perfect", because just being with the person you love at Disney World is perfect! And if you don't get to ride everything y'all want to, or maybe you don't get to see a show, or some other attraction? You have a great excuse to start planning your next trip together, and looking forward to making more great memories - together! ❤

Come back and let us know how your trip went!

I love that you and your BF are going to be walking arm-in-arm - I think it's very sweet! 🙂

Since you haven't been in a while, a few things to know:

First of all, make sure that you all understand how RoTR works to get a Boarding Group, and set the expectation with your BF that not everyone who wants one, gets one. It's my understanding that it's still stupidly crowded at Park open when the Boarding Groups open, and you have to be inside the Park to even try to get in (with both of you there, if you want to ride together!)

Disney World is just more crowded now in general, so remember that when planning, and allow extra time to navigate within the Parks. There are fewer benches and places to sit (overall), so be prepared for that. They always make it look like you will have the whole place to yourself in the commercials, and that is just pure fantasy these days!

Remember that First Aid can be helpful, and there is a First Aid station in each Park. They have generic Tylenol, and they can offer a calm, quiet place if y'all need a serious sensory break.

Be sure to download (and use!) the My Disney Experience app - it's really great, and has updated Parks maps, mobile ordering for almost every Quick Service now, and of course you can manage Fast Passes, see Photo Pass photos and more.

Bag check is mandatory before you enter any Park, and all bags must be searched. If you need to carry medical supplies into the Parks, I recommend putting them in clear zip-lock bags, and that way the Security CMs can see what's there but don't have to maybe touch your supplies. They wear gloves, but don't change them between Guests (can you imagine how many pairs of gloves that would be in a day? WOW!) so I try to minimize the contact by putting all of my "stuff" into zippy bags!

Disney Springs is *amazing* now - there are SO many new places to see, and it's SO much bigger! The Marketplace end (where the old drop-off bus stop was) is physically about the same, but everything else is quite different - including Planet Hollywood! We love to spend time there, especially for brunches and late dinners, and of course, shopping!

I hope that you and your BF have the very best trip you can - don't worry if it's not "perfect", because just being with the person you love at Disney World is perfect! And if you don't get to ride everything y'all want to, or maybe you don't get to see a show, or some other attraction? You have a great excuse to start planning your next trip together, and looking forward to making more great memories - together! ❤

Come back and let us know how your trip went!

Since we are going with out kids on this trip. I think it might be a little easier for us as a group of 2 instead of a group of 10. Lol. All I want is HM, PotC, JC, SM. and eat around the world. He’s stated many times as I’ve been planning this trip and I keep saying I want you to have fun. His response is. If you are having fun, I’m having fun. 💗.

One thing about that I found out about the DAS is it is not a fix-all ( I know other people find it the same way) meaning you also have to use tools available to you ( your boyfriend) to also help for me noise is huge for me I have to have ear protector to even think about going into a park. I can do about two maybe 3 short 10-minute lines then I have to go find a place to hid and just be by myself ( or as much as you can be in a theme park) I set a timer on my phone for every few hours to do what I call a self-check since it is so easy to get caught up in the I am at Disney I sometimes forget when I am hitting my limit until I am passing it. I will just take a few minutes and think is the noise bothering me, and other things that affect my disability This has made a huge impact on my trip since I do not notice when I am coming up on overdoing it until I am passed that point.

anyways I hope some of these suggestion has helped you plan your trip.
Thank you. I will definitely be setting a timer and having check ins with him to make sure he doesn’t pass over his threshold. I think ear plugs might help by muffling sound. Or he will hyper focus. He really wants to do this without his service dog. To start to desensitize to large crowds. He feels that she needs a vacation from him too lol. Thank you for the information on the DAS. I know it won’t fix everything. But it will help mitigate.

Since we are going with out kids on this trip. I think it might be a little easier for us as a group of 2 instead of a group of 10. Lol. All I want is HM, PotC, JC, SM. and eat around the world. He’s stated many times as I’ve been planning this trip and I keep saying I want you to have fun. His response is. If you are having fun, I’m having fun. 💗.
The 4 ride you really want to do should not be hard to FP if SM is space this might be the harder one summer time splash will be hard but you should not have any problems getting FP 30 days out I know that with your attitude you will have fun just take it easy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter