• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plans for the long weekend?

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
What's on your agenda for the upcoming long weekend? Work, play, travel, or a bit of everything? :)

We leave on Sat. for my inlaws, for a big family reunion party. They live just north of Parry Sound (Nobel), on Georgian Bay. From there (on Mon.), we'll be traveling east through Algonquin Park, to my parent's cottage, for the remainder of the week. Vacation time!! :)

What are your plans? :)

We're going to RiddleCon down in Sandusky, Ohio at Cedar Point. Leaving on Friday morning, hope to get some sight-seeing and shopping in during the day and then are meeting other DISers at Damon's Grill for dinner. Many of us are staying at the Day's Inn and will get together by the pool after dinner. Saturday is the big day at CP and where we will all meet for a picnic lunch. We'll stay over again on Saturday night and possibly meet for breakfast on Sunday morning before heading home. It's going to be a FUN weekend!! :bounce:

Here is Oldkicker's RiddleCon site to read all about it! RIDDLECON

Not much happening this weekend, as of Friday I'm off for 10 days! YIPPEE!
We are off to Evansville, IN on Mon to Fri to visit friends without the kids. It's a road trip, so I'm looking forward to this!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We are off to Baltimore for a DIS meet on Saturday. We are getting together with some of the DISers going on the cruise in October. Looking forward to it. We are leaving at some point on Friday and are not sure whether we will be coming back Sunday or Monday.

Hoping for good weather.

LOL I didn't even realize this was a long weekend!!! Thanks for the heads up Kim.;)

therefore, can't really do much of anything!

Everybody have safe trips!

Julie - I had thought about doing RiddleCon but when my Super asked if I was free, I could not say no since she always looks after the cat for us! Have fun and report back.

Fiona - Have fun!

Kim - You too! Have Fun!

Everybody Else - Have Fun Too!

Scratch
:smooth:

Awwww, wish you could have come, Janet! I'm sure I will have a lot to report back on! ;)

Have a great long weekend everyone! :)

Originally posted by PoohBWV
LOL I didn't even realize this was a long weekend!!! Thanks for the heads up Kim.;)

I was hoping you would see this, Peggy..lol..:cool: You didn't know it was a long weekend? You're working way too hard!!! ;)

Road trip, and 2 DIS meets!! Sounds like fun! :)

Julie, I sure wish I was going to RiddleCon, maybe next year. I hope you guys have a blast!! Say Hi to Bernie for me, okay? :)

Janet, you might still be recuperating from the concert....:p

Garage sale on Saturday morning (anybody want some junk, errrr, fine used merchandise? :p ) and Ribfest sometime this weekend.

- Mike

No plans ... I'm just relaxing this weekend :cool:

Julie - RiddleCon sounds like fun! Hope you have a great time! I wish I had known about it earlier. Let us know how it was when you get back :p

Fiona, you must be meeting up with Tulirose, one of our Buds from the Flower and Garden board!!!! How cool is that!!! :) :bounce: :)

I have a thread there "Holiday Buds", and she mentions what has to be the same meet. Here's what she said;

" We have an exciting plans for August starting with a mini-DIS meet with some of my fellow Cruisetoberfest2 cruisers. We will be meeting in Baltimore for a 2-hour luncheon cruise! How neat is that. There are 19 of us going - Four I had met before on my 9/22/02 cruise and the rest are all new! Very much looking forward to this."

:)

I hope you're as successful with your garage sale, as Peggy was with hers, Mike! A Ribfest? That sounds yummy! :)

The malls will probably be closed on Monday, >>^..^<<. I'm sorry, I don't know your name, and it was very weird to type that out...lol...:)

Relaxing sounds good, Vicky! :)

Ya, London holds a Ribfest every Civic holiday weekend down in Victoria Park, running Thursday - Monday. They get 10 different vendors, some local and some international, and they hold a competition for the best ribs. We've always been away this weekend and have never been to Ribfest before, so we're really looking forward to it.

- Mike

Kim -- am indeed meeting up with Tulirose! We are one of the "new" ones since this will be our first cruise. We are very much looking forward to it too -- both the luncheon cruise and then the real cruise!!

Just heard on the radio that it's supposed to rain all weekend and really hoping that they are wrong. Hopefully the weather will be better in Baltimore.

Hey... I have a girlfriend telling me that stores are open Monday ~ this is one of those pseudo-holidays...

In that case.. YAY! I have some stuff to shop for, for our trip. :p

>>^..^<<

I'll be sure to say "Hi" to Bernie for you Kim! :) It would have been nice for you to come too, but I'm sure you will have a great time at your cottage for the week and the family reunion!

Have a great time at the DISmeet in Baltimore, Fiona! I'll be transferring planes there on my way back from Orlando in October.

Have fun shopping and relaxing, Cass and Vicky!

The Ribfest sounds "Yummy", Mike!

You'll probably need the long weekend to relax and recover from the concert, right Janet? ;)

Have fun on your road trip, cabmom!

Now that you know it's a long weekend, Peggy ;), are you doing anything exciting?

Here's hoping the weather will cooperate for everyone! :sunny:

On Saturday I'm going to have a small barbecue (just a couple of family members) in support of Canadian Beef and than on Sunday it's off to the cottage up by Bancroft area.

If anyone is interested in the Worldest Longest Barbecue here's a link http://www.foodtv.ca/longestBarbecue/ it also has some recipes :0) It sounds like a great idea to show support for the Beef Industry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter