• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Platinum peeps ... HRH

Update ... I decided to take one for the team, if only to report back on the experience and to let others know whether or not this was worth it. Yes, that is how much I love all my DIS buddies. :love:

Well, so far, this has been a trying experience to say the least, primarily because I believe our young Nikky is dyslexic, which certainly doesn't help, when apparently her troubles seem to be with juxtaposing numbers. She had managed to list both her voice extension and fax number incorrectly (these were both listed incorrectly in her e-mail signature, so goodness knows how many other people have been trying to contact her without success). Basically, I've spent about 3 days trying to determine the correct contact information for her. Here's the best part ... when I spoke with her, I asked her to verify the fax number (because she had given me 2 different numbers on 2 separate occasions). She verified the fax number, I repeated it to her, and when I went to fax the documents, a person answered the phone. :rolleyes1 So, I called her back and left a message stating as much. I got tired of waiting for a call back, and tried the other number which she at one time listed as the fax number. I first verified that it was a fax, and then dialed it on my fax to see what the display would read on my fax machine. It did say "HRH Exec Office" so I know I've got the right place.

Now, if anyone else wants to do this process later, feel free to PM me as I've done the heavy work deciphering Nikky's dyslexia and perhaps you won't have to spend the time and effort figuring out how to do this.

(I also must add, imagine my panic when I was to fax credit card/identification information to a person who listed an incorrect phone number that, when called, went to dead air followed by wobble tone. I called the HRH switchboard to be transferred to her, only to be told there was no listing for her ... disneyfreakk's advice is sound. Be careful about this stuff. :scared1: )

Along with the form I mentioned earlier, you also need to fax in a copy of some form of ID (DL/passport, etc) and a front/back copy of your credit card.

So far, the Express Yourself process has been anything BUT Express. Perhaps I will think differently of the process if there happens to be a huge line at check-in and I get to skip that. Now, I still do get to speak to someone when picking up my welcome packet, so I can confirm all the stuff I usually need to confirm.

Stay tuned as to what this long process actually gets me ....

Update ... I decided to take one for the team, if only to report back on the experience and to let others know whether or not this was worth it. Yes, that is how much I love all my DIS buddies. :love:

Well, so far, this has been a trying experience to say the least, primarily because I believe our young Nikky is dyslexic, which certainly doesn't help, when apparently her troubles seem to be with juxtaposing numbers. She had managed to list both her voice extension and fax number incorrectly (these were both listed incorrectly in her e-mail signature, so goodness knows how many other people have been trying to contact her without success). Basically, I've spent about 3 days trying to determine the correct contact information for her. Here's the best part ... when I spoke with her, I asked her to verify the fax number (because she had given me 2 different numbers on 2 separate occasions). She verified the fax number, I repeated it to her, and when I went to fax the documents, a person answered the phone. :rolleyes1 So, I called her back and left a message stating as much. I got tired of waiting for a call back, and tried the other number which she at one time listed as the fax number. I first verified that it was a fax, and then dialed it on my fax to see what the display would read on my fax machine. It did say "HRH Exec Office" so I know I've got the right place.

Now, if anyone else wants to do this process later, feel free to PM me as I've done the heavy work deciphering Nikky's dyslexia and perhaps you won't have to spend the time and effort figuring out how to do this.

(I also must add, imagine my panic when I was to fax credit card/identification information to a person who listed an incorrect phone number that, when called, went to dead air followed by wobble tone. I called the HRH switchboard to be transferred to her, only to be told there was no listing for her ... disneyfreakk's advice is sound. Be careful about this stuff. :scared1: )

Along with the form I mentioned earlier, you also need to fax in a copy of some form of ID (DL/passport, etc) and a front/back copy of your credit card.

So far, the Express Yourself process has been anything BUT Express. Perhaps I will think differently of the process if there happens to be a huge line at check-in and I get to skip that. Now, I still do get to speak to someone when picking up my welcome packet, so I can confirm all the stuff I usually need to confirm.

Stay tuned as to what this long process actually gets me ....

My SIL is dyslexic and has major issues with transposing numbers. It seems that Nikky should have a different position there, no?? What you have gone through is whacked! I would send this exact text to the manager and ask in all seriousness HOW the implementation of this express form is supposed to expedite ANYTHING!

Holy world, I would be beyond frustrated! We ALL owe you 1...maybe 2! Can't wait to hear how it all turns out. I think they need to have something nice in your room waiting...club level will do.:rotfl:

thanks jodie for the work you have done to pave the way for the rest of us.

you should send carlton a copy of the email and info on the numbers.
he will take care of it and probably a thank you gift to you also for doing so.

i doubt my email from nikky will come in time for me to do anything with it.
i leave on sept 24 for orlando and won't be checking into hrh until oct 4th.

i do not have a laptop so there is no way i will be able to obtain any info on my unread emails.

Well, Nikky has corrected her contact information on her email signature at least...

Anyway, thanks mac, for your help. Had you not pointed out that the HRH extensions start with "2" I would not have deciphered Nikky's error.

Now, here is my least favorite part of this ... NJ Driver's Licenses do not copy well at all, and of course Nikky has asked that I resend it because it's too hard to read. This is really getting to be a pain!

do a close up with a digital camera and then email that to her.
it should work better than the fax then.

jodie, let me ask you this
what is the benefit for us to pre set up before we go?

i have never had issues of check in as i go early in the morning.

would nikky set up the room request if we do the express check in prior?
or would the person get a better room?

do you know?

You know, mac, I'm not sure, but I am hoping to find out that this has been worth it. I figured that we weren't going to be able to check in till about 3/3:30 so I am hoping that this will keep us from getting "what's left." We had this happen to us once at RPR with a later checkin, which sucked. If you check in early, and there aren't any lines, then I cannot simply imagine what all this hassle is about. Nikky made it seem that we'd just have a "welcome packet" with our room keys, etc that we could just pick up from the concierge. She also indicated that they would try their best to have our room ready when we check in (there is a space on the form to give your ETA to the hotel). Of course, she said the room may not be ready though, so take that FWIW.

I should probably let someone know what a PINTA this has been, but Nikky seems to have at least corrected all her contact information (which was about 90% of the hassle), so I'm going to withold my feedback until I see what this "benefit" actually gets us.

I faxed another copy of my DL to see if that helps. If that doesn't work, I am going to use your suggestion and email a digital pic. Good idea ... hadn't thought of that! :thanks:

Oh, and also FWIW, the 4th email is a charm ... she is finally calling me Jodie and not Alex. :)

thanks jodie for paving the way again.

i called to check my ressie as i will be checking in at 7:30 am.

it was a good thing i did as they had me down for a late arrival for 7 pm in the evening and a room was to be held for me.

i'm waiting a week and calling back again to make sure the twerp has my ressie correct now.

could not get any info on the express set up for platinum people.
think i am too far out.

I keep forgetting to post that Nikky called on Sunday to let me know she received the documents and to ask what else she could help me with. She arranged for our late check out and noted our room request. She also said to call her if I needed anything else. So, it sounds like most of the stuff I was worried about she took care of. Again, I'll give a full report back once I actually check in on Thursday. :)

Jodie, OT, but what is the plat upgrade at HRH? Can you get a kids suite or only a king suite? I wanted to go back to HRH again, but I usually take extra kids and would need more sleepin space. I would probably just ask for a deluxe if you only get king suite.

I am anxious to hear the outcome from all of this!

We are going 5/25-5/31 and will be checking in late. I requested a queen deluxe since we are already staying club level and have four in our room, so no chance for an upgrade:sad1: even though we are platinum.

I am hoping with this process I can secure our queen deluxe in advance. No emails from HRH yet, maybe next week.

Jodie, OT, but what is the plat upgrade at HRH? Can you get a kids suite or only a king suite? I wanted to go back to HRH again, but I usually take extra kids and would need more sleepin space. I would probably just ask for a deluxe if you only get king suite.

i'm not jodie but doing the same as her.

i have the platinum and booked with the AAA rate and receiving the comped upgrade like jodie has.

the upgrade at hrh is the king suite.
i book garden view, cheapest rate, and get the king suite.

at blue and gold loews card, book at garden and get pool view.
also at gold, can upgrade for suite for additional $35 per day

that's the only free upgrades at hrh

the loews site shows the upgrade chart

Well, folks, I'm back!!

It was all pretty painless ... I identified ourselves as pre-registered with the bell hop, and he went in the back and retrieved our package. We got the usual CD and welcome packet. I had a flier for a coupon savings booklet, which the bell hop handed to the concierge who got it for us, and our room was ready, so right on up we went.

Nikky noted our room preference, and we got room #6065, which was a great location. We got turn-down service automatically. OUr preferred $10 mini bar credit wasn't on the initial form, but I wrote it in, and we had a voucher for that in our welcome packet. Did it save us anything? No, because there was no line at check in. If there were a long line at check in, I suppose it would've saved us some time. All in all, pretty painless, and since we got to speak with Nikky before faxing in the stuff, I got all our requests noted.

Stay tuned for my trip report. This really was one of our best trips ever, and I can't wait to tell you all about it in excrutiating detail! I am uploading pics now. :)

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about your great trip!

Sorry we missed you. I left a card for RPR GM and he called us while we were in the Spiderman 3 movie (yawn). When we got back to RPR I called and he ran right up to take us to the renovated rooms. I wish you would have been there because you are much better with the details than I. Bob and I saw the flat panel tv's like HRH's and that was all it took to give the thumbs up (guy thing). I'll post the details as best as I can remeber on the RPR info thread. Glad to hear ya'll had fun. How'd you do on MIB? I had a cheat sheet with pictures to give you.

Bummer that we missed you. As I said, we were in the HMS, where we easily pegged the volunteer and then did some shopping, all with my cell phone in our room, of course! Sorry I missed the cheat sheet; could've used it this trip!

Did you take any pics of the room? Did they brighten the colors and the furniture? I so wish I could've seen it with you guys!

How was Bartek? Personable? Did he give you the time of day? Where are they starting the renovations? Tower by Tower, floor by floor?

Bummer that we missed you. As I said, we were in the HMS, where we easily pegged the volunteer and then did some shopping, all with my cell phone in our room, of course! Sorry I missed the cheat sheet; could've used it this trip!

Did you take any pics of the room? Did they brighten the colors and the furniture? I so wish I could've seen it with you guys!

How was Bartek? Personable? Did he give you the time of day? Where are they starting the renovations? Tower by Tower, floor by floor?

Was the new "playtex addition" in your HMS?

Yes, but I didn't know that was new! I remember that from our September trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter