Play, Stay and Enjoy a Disney Dining Promo Card Through March 2024

I tweaked my dates a bit (I was planning on going Sat-Thu Feb 3-8), and switched from Pop to ASMu, but I've made my reservation. This is a solo trip so the dining card will be enough to cover all my food for the entire week. I'm happy with that. I booked Tue Jan 30 - Mon Feb 5 at ASMu in a preferred room. Yay! :sunny:

I tweaked my dates a bit (I was planning on going Sat-Thu Feb 3-8), and switched from Pop to ASMu, but I've made my reservation. This is a solo trip so the dining card will be enough to cover all my food for the entire week. I'm happy with that. I booked Tue Jan 30 - Mon Feb 5 at ASMu in a preferred room. Yay! :sunny:
Did the confirmation give details for the total amount of the dining card?

Did the confirmation give details for the total amount of the dining card?
It did not. That bothers me. I like knowing everything in advance, having everything in writing. Though I know how much I should get, I really would like confirmation of that. :headache:

It did not. That bothers me. I like knowing everything in advance, having everything in writing. Though I know how much I should get, I really would like confirmation of that. :headache:
Thank you. Kind of hard to figure out what you are saving without knowing how much the value of the dining card. I suspect the higher value is for Deluxe resorts

Yes, as Tom reposted, the amounts are known, I would have liked to see confirmation of the total though. I'm expecting 60 per night (so, 360 total, probably) for my ASMu stay, which is more than enough for just me, based on what I normally eat. I usually budget 50 per day (so, 350 for a 7 day, 6 night visit) and I always come in under budget.

ETA: I have breakfast in the room and I get bottled water and gatorade delivered, so my budget is for lunch, dinner, and snacks.

Yes, as Tom reposted, the amounts are known, I would have liked to see confirmation of the total though. I'm expecting 60 per night (so, 360 total, probably) for my ASMu stay, which is more than enough for just me, based on what I normally eat. I usually budget 50 per day (so, 350 for a 7 day, 6 night visit) and I always come in under budget.

ETA: I have breakfast in the room and I get bottled water and gatorade delivered, so my budget is for lunch, dinner, and snacks.
Hopefully since you have 2024 dates a very helpful Dis-er visiting in October will post confirmation of their totals and give everybody some piece of mind on that.

Does anyone happen to know if these cards would be good for “dining events” such as the Fantasmic dining or if that’s considered a separate thing?

If it follows the same guidelines as the current dining card promo, it is NOT good for the Fantasmic dining. I looked into it.
We were there in August and got this promotion and used it for Fantasmic dining. So unless they change something with the new one, I would think it would work the same.

Just a tip to everyone…

We visited in August under this promotion. I highly recommend getting a printout of your “gift card” at the desk of your resort. We had a printout and it was easy to just stick it in the folio at TS restaurants to pay.

Have fun!

We were there in August and got this promotion and used it for Fantasmic dining. So unless they change something with the new one, I would think it would work the same.
Funny, we called and was told the dining card could not be used for it (no surprise we got wrong info). Just got back, but didn't try to book it when we were there. It could be hard to use the dining card to book the package because you don't receive the gift card(s) until you check in, so availability could be challenging.

Funny, we called and was told the dining card could not be used for it (no surprise we got wrong info). Just got back, but didn't try to book it when we were there. It could be hard to use the dining card to book the package because you don't receive the gift card(s) until you check in, so availability could be challenging.
You don’t pay up front for the Fantasmic package. You pay at the restaurant after you eat and they give you the Fantasmic tickets at that time.

Just a tip to everyone…

We visited in August under this promotion. I highly recommend getting a printout of your “gift card” at the desk of your resort. We had a printout and it was easy to just stick it in the folio at TS restaurants to pay.

Have fun!
So, you don't get an actual card. My brother is staying at All Star Sports with this promo and joining us for a trip later this month. (we are at pop and didn't get the dining promo) he has never been to Disney and I'm worried about him getting this figured out. If it's not a card then how do you use the promo if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!

It's sent to your e-mail. There's a barcode under the picture of the gift card.

So, you don't get an actual card. My brother is staying at All Star Sports with this promo and joining us for a trip later this month. (we are at pop and didn't get the dining promo) he has never been to Disney and I'm worried about him getting this figured out. If it's not a card then how do you use the promo if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!
You can use the bar code that’s sent to your email but I found it easier to have the resort print a hard copy and take it with me.

You can use the bar code that’s sent to your email but I found it easier to have the resort print a hard copy and take it with me.
I did a combo of both. I stored the barcode in my Apple wallet and used it for QSR purchases and at the food booths at F&W. For full service, since I did not want to give a server my phone and let them walk away with it with access to all my "stuff", I would give them the print out from the front desk. It was very easy.

Has anyone tried using the card at Starbucks?
I used it at the location at DHS. I was also able to use it for Gideon's! The places you can't use it are shops considered merchandise locations that sell food - like Main Street Bakery and Karmel Kuche in Epcot.

I used it at the location at DHS. I was also able to use it for Gideon's! The places you can't use it are shops considered merchandise locations that sell food - like Main Street Bakery and Karmel Kuche in Epcot.

Any other places to add to the list of locations where the dining promo is not accepted?

I thought Main Street Bakery was now a Starbucks and isn’t the Karmel place all food?

Any other places to add to the list of locations where the dining promo is not accepted?

I thought Main Street Bakery was now a Starbucks and isn’t the Karmel place all food?
My mistake, I should have said the Confectionery, it’s not accepted there. The Starbucks in the MK will take the card. Karmel Kuche, for whatever reason, is considered a merchandise location, I was not able to use it there. You can’t use it at Goofys Candy Co at DS, either, or at a candy counter in a shop. It has to be a restaurant or QS location. The small food kiosks will take the card and most of the third party restaurants at DS, too. Basically, any restaurant you can charge a meal back to your room account you can use the dining card there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter