playhouse disney, live on stage ?s

rsjj

DIS Veteran
does anyone know how long is this show? and is it in a theater, w/ seats? or are you sitting on the floor? do the childrenn get to interact with the characters? thank you for any info! :flower:

We went last May, so the set up may have changed since then...

The show is about 45 minutes long, I think? The show takes place on a stage in front, which is about 2 feet tall. It's sitting room only in most of the theatre - there are benches lining the walls, but if you sit there, you won't get much of a view. No interaction with the characters, although they encourage the kids to dance at certain times. At the end, there's either balloons, confetti or bubbles (I can't remember which). It's a nice respite, just not a very elaborate production. We'll definitely do again - and I think they now have JoJo.

I loved Playhouse Disney! It was so much fun, bright colors and great energy :Pinkbounc Yes, seating is on the floor with the benches along the back. Bear and all his friends are there, JoJo, Stanley and Winnie the Pooh. No personal interaction, but if you're up front they ask a couple kids to stand up and hold some signs up. The characters don't sign autograph books there but Stanley was outside when we left the building. I can't remember how long the show was, but I don't think it was 45 minutes? Streamers fall at the end.

SO much fun!!!

If your kids like to dance, make sure to leave a little room around you when you sit on the floor. My son spins ALL over the place and would have taken out numerous people.

thanx for the replies! now i have a better "image" of what i can expect. am looking forward to it! our DS3 will love it! not sure about our DS6...although he enjoys stanley! we'll see! again, thank you! :flower:

My 6.5 year old daughter was not to pleased that we were seeing this, pouting is a good word for her behavior. Once it got started she couldn't help but smile and get into the action. He'll like it, even if he doesn't want to ;) :teeth:

sit there...but I'm old and fat and did just fine on the floor :rotfl: .

One nice thing- THERE IS A BATHROOM IN THE THEATRE!!! They won't let you use it after the show...but it was so nice to not have to leave when my 4 year old began his usual whine about needing to find a potty.

I think the show was closer to maybe 25 minutes. My 9 year old tolerated it...the 4 year old enjoyed parts of it (JoJo, Stanley, and Pooh) and at least sat watching the rest.

We were sad to see it was Wiggle-free. The Wiggles are over a year in our past, but I think my kids would have still enjoyed seeing them, if only on the preshow wait.

We were JUST there and I thought it was totally cute!! But different strokes for different folks I guess!

The show itself is only 22 minutes but it was plenty long and enjoyable for my 4 year old. She was up dancing any time they let her. It's all floor seating but along the perimeter are cushioned benches for those that want to be a little more comfortable.

The characters are all puppets and there is not "real" interaction. Just singing and dancing along with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter