Plaza Inn Birthday Party Questions

victorandbellasmom

DIS Veteran
We'll be going in March and will be celebrating ds 8th birthday and dd 5th birthday. We've done the birthday buckets at goofy's before and was wondering how people have liked the Plaza Inn celebration. The cost is $10 a guest, by guest is that everyone in the party (in our case 4) or is it the # of people decortaing cakes (in our case 2). Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Our family had a ball. We did this for my daughter's 8th birthday, my son was 10 and then we brought Grandpa along as well. It was $10 per person (and they do give an AP discount if you have an AP) and we each got our own cake to decorate/eat plus punch to drink. I am not sure if they let other people attend and not decorate a cake or not. The cakes are small, individual sized and we all 5 had a great time. It was held outside and lasted around 45 minutes. They have this guy named Pat E. Cake who runs the party, sings funny little songs and then at the end Mickey and Minnie make a brief appearance and the birthday guest gets their picture taken with them. I guess some people might think it is a bit hokey, but I think for an 8 and 5 year old it would be fun. Also, for $10 thats not bad by Disney standards. My little nieces just did this for their 5th birthday two weeks ago and they loved it as well!

Thanks for the reply Amy& Dan. The kids love their birthday buckets and all, but we've got so many souveneir buckets from other things as well and they never let me throw any of them away. The little toys in them end up being lost or borken within a week anyways. We just wanted to do something different this time around. And your right, by disney standards $10 a person really isn't that much, 2 birthday buckets are already $50). I didn't realize that everyone got to decorate a cake. I just thought the birthday guests got one and everyone else watched. I diidn't understand why I had to pay $10 to watch my child decorate a cake. I think we're going to go ahead and book it.

I really enjoy this too! There is a good energy to it and it is very festive. It is on the patio of The Plaza. I think the best tables are the ones closest to the "dance floor" area and with an umbrella as it can get hot sitting there in the midafternoon. But its a small group and everyone gets a chance to see Pat E. Cake and Mickey and Minnie.

You get a Sorcerer's Hat Birthday Hat too (very cute!), the cakes to decorate...also very cute!, and some punch. Pat E. Cake is very good, the first year we went he was a little more lively than last year, but still fun. My oldest thought he was a little too old for it, but I have the most hysterical pictures of him posing with Pat in these rapper poses and making funny faces at the camera. Then when it was time for the pictures with Mickey and Minnie he had this huge gold rap necklace thing with a mickey head on it that he put on my son for the photo. I thought he was really clever and responsive to do that instead of the standard cutsie pictures. The next year Pat was a little more standard, but he had pretty big shoes to fill for me, nothing anyone else would probably notice.

Also, this is the only place at Disneyland to get a picture with both Mickey and Minnie at the same time. No autographs though.

We went for my DD's 3rd birthday. We had 5 of us, however my niece and my other DD were both only 1 year old. We did not pay for them, however once inside they gave them cakes anyways. We felt bad, but there was a lot of chaos and no one listened to us when we spoke up. Lots of fun, however race to get a table with an umbrella. The frosting melted in the hot sun and it was a mess!

The seven of us enjoyed it last year. 4 40ish adults, 10DD, 8 & 6 DS. When DS wanted to turn 6 at DL instead of a b-day party, we thought this was a great alternative.

BTW--Nobody ate the cake---they looked disgusting from all the decorating!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter