• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plaza Restaurant Reviews?

flyball

Mouseketeer
Have never tried this restaurant, but have read that the food is good. We're going on the sunrise safari and will be eating what sounds like a huge breakfast at the Tusker House, so we we're looking for something fairly light in the MK for dinner before Wishes/Spectro. TIA for your opinions!

This is a very pleasant place to eat dinner. The portions are huge and the sandwiches are very good. I love the potato salad. Don't forget to save room for dessert - the ice cream is out of this world. We've always had excellent service here and love it for a very informal, satisfying meal. You'll probably want PS; we've been walking in and out of the restaurant and have seen many people turned away if they don't have PS. This is in July, though.

It is a pleasant place to eat and the sandwiches are good. I would say get a PS. I would also say the last time we were there we felt a little crowded and the service was not the best. On another occasion though we had a nice server and more room to move.

We really like the Plaza. We've eaten there atleast 3 times and the food has always been good and fresh. I give it a thumbs up for sure.

We always enjoy this restaurant. We happened upon it one hot afternoon when we were all hungry and a little grumpy. We were on our way back to the hotel for a bite at the pool and some swimming to cool us down when my DH spotted some CMs standing at the podium. We were quickly seated with a perfect view of the castle. The atmosphere is extremely relaxing and it was nice and cool.

The food was excellent, but I really think we keep returning for the atmosphere. It's almost like you step out of time. The hustle and bustle of Main Street are removed once you step in the door. We are always so full from the meal that we have yet to sample any of the desserts.

This is definitely a must do on trips. Hope you enjoy it.

After reading the boards with so many people recommending the Plaza, we tried it in June and thought it was great. The reubens were huge and tasted great!!

We went twice on our last trip, and it was terrific. I can personally recommend the chicken sandwich and the brownie sundae— they were both delicious and HUGE! :earseek: My family and I found the Plaza to be much better than Beaches and Cream.

This is a family favorite each time I go to WDW with my mom and sis. We get two sandwiches and two sundaes and that's very filling for the 3 of us.

Mmmmmm! I have been dreaming about the potato salad. The sandwiches are huge and I can never finish one. This is one of our must do's.

We stumbled upon this hidden gem a year and a half ago one COLD winter's day (believe it or not)--I wanted hot chocolate and we ending up getting a wonderful lunch!! (and great hot chocoloate!!)

I had always thought is was a counter service place until we went the first time. It's made such an impression that we eat here for lunch almost every time we go to MK...love their veggie wraps and dd loves the grilled cheese.

AND IMHO I think this is the best place for ICE CREAM in ALL OF WDW (including B&C)!! So make sure to leave room for dessert after your meal:tongue:

The Plaza Restaurant has been the only consistent restaurant at Disney for the past 30 years. We have never had a bad experience there and always eat there on every trip. As mentioned above, the sandwiches are big and great and it is a great place to sit down and relax.

We love it for lunch or a light dinner. It sounds like a perfect fit for your plans.

Mmmmmm, ice cream! We already have a PS reserved, and I'm really happy to hear that this restaurant is being favorably compared to Beaches and Cream. We're hoping that a later PS opens up, because the latest they had was 4:30!!! Spectro and Wishes will be taking place the night we go, so I hope they open up some later reservation times. Thanks for your opinions!

My family loves this restaurant! The food and the service is great. My only complaint is that I could never get enough ketchup lol. I use ketchup like it's going out of style and the one little cup just didn't cut for me. The last time I was there they had these really cute little Heinz Ketchup bottles and our server said we could keep them. If we don't make it there for lunch or dinner we at least stop in for dessert. I LOVE their ice cream. Their vanilla is the best I've ever had and I am more of a chocolate lover.

Its also a family favorite for us too!! We love their burgers! And, of course, the malts are to die for!!! We'll be eating there in just a few days!!! (that sounds so good to say!)

I am also a chocoholic but I have to say they have the most awesome chocolate chip mint ice cream, must be homemade and definitely better then B&C, to die for!!! MMMM I can taste it right now!! DARN, now I have a craving!!:p :p :p :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter