Pleasantly Surprised with SSR!

DizGirl20

DIS Veteran
Just got back from a long weekend at SSR. First time trip without kids, just me and DH. Must say I was most pleasantly surprised and impressed! Check-in accommodated our request for The Grandstand. In fact the CM at check-in even moved us to a top floor corner room, where I did not hear so much as a peep from other guests. Granted, it is a quiet time of year, but I am telling you it was the quietest stay we have ever had on Disney property. Had a wonderful view of the 17 hole and the room was in excellent condition (compared to our last stay at BCV). Quiet pool was empty. Very much enjoyed dining at Artist's Palette and The Turf Club. We had a rental car so distance was not an issue. Played a wonderful round of golf on Saturday. AKV will always be my #1, but SSR is now #2 (and I am a big BCV fan so that is saying alot). If you are looking for peace and quiet, I would highly recommend SSR :goodvibes

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our home resort. We love it there as well. We've never had an issue with noise while there and think the grounds are some of the most lovely on Disney property. We'll be back in november and are counting the days. :)

I'm with you 'almost' all the way...

We own at AKV had our 1st WDW stay (we're DL people) last month - 7 nights at AKV and 9 nights at SSR. I was leery about SSR just based on a somewhat negative attitude about it on the forums, and was quite excited about AKV.

Turns out that we really did not like AKV, but LOVED SSR - the room and how bright it was compared to AKV, the grounds, the pools, the food, the proximity to Downtown Disney, everything...

We stayed in the Paddock section in the building right next to the pool and bridge (to walk to the Carriage House). We're more than happy if we never stay at AKV again if we can spend all of our future WDW vacations at SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter