Please help a Scottish lad out!

Bigmonty

Earning My Ears
Hey

Myself and my girlfriend are coming over next week for a land/sea Disney trip for the first time. We are having 4 nights at Port Orleans and 4 nights on the cruise.

Until yesterday we were just concentrating on organising things for when we are on the cruise not releasing there was so much we could have organised for are time in Disney World.

We are planning on having 1 day in Maigc Kingdom, 1 day in MGM and 1 day in Epcot and were planning on dining in each or even some place in the resort itself. We were thinking of trying the best places to dine and did not realise that there was such a thing as priority seating.

My question is:

What are the best recommended restaurants (1 or 2) for lunch/dinner at each of these places and do you think we will still be able to phone and book for them considering our vacation is only 1 week away.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hmmmm, let's see. It all depends on what your taste is in food. If it were me, looking for meals for my family I would choose...

MK.. either Cinderella Castle (Cinderella's Royal Table) for a late lunch or early dinner. If you like characters, I would go with the Crystal Palace. Nice buffet with Winnie the Pooh and his buddies.

MGM..maybe 50's Prime Time Cafe. That's always fun and the food is pretty good. Or Brown Derby, more expensive but nice.

Epcot...that one is tough for me. THere are so many good spots to eat. I think I would go over to AllEars website and check out the menus/different restuaurants there. They have really good info about what's what.

Good luck with those PSs and have a terrific trip!!!

Yes for sure a wide selection of choices depending on your tastes.

Besides the ones goofy4tink mentioned here are some more:

MK-The Plaza-a very simple little "sit-down" kinda hidden down the right hand side/back side of Main Street. It's a cute little ice cream palor/sandwich place with great ice cream and sandwiches!!

MGM- Mama Melrose-a fun Italian restaurant with some yummy food.

EPCOT- A lof of choices in WS-just depends on what type of food you like. Tepanyaki at Japan is fun and good, food is cooked hibatchi style. I've heard good things about Le Chefs in France, Le Cellier in Canada and the Rose and Crown in the UK (of course, you might be a better judge there;) ) GG at the Land is also a fun place to have lunch or dinner with the characters and the food is very good!

And if you wanted to venture to one of the resorts for dinner there are many restaurants I can recommend there as well:p

Looks like you might be there when we are!! You shouldn't have problems booking most of these places. The tough ones to get into are the princess meals and Chef Mickey's. Have a few choices on your list and see what's available.

Here is link that you may find helpful.

Disney Menus

To make reservations, call WDW Dine and they will be more than helpful. The phone number is 904-939-3463.

Hope This Helps,
Bruce::MickeyMo

I believe the area code is 407 (904) is a north FL area code:p. You can also call toll free at:
877-939-3732
800-828-0228

Some of our favorites are :

Magic Kingdom - Cinderellas Royal Table, Libertry Tree Tavern ( Character meal ), Crystal Palace ( Character meal ).

Epcot - Le Cellier ( Canada ), Rose & Crown Pub ( UK ) , Chef de France ( France ) & Tepperaniki ( Japan )

MGM - Brown Derby, Mama Melrose

If you want to try one of the resort restaurants ( they are very easy to get to ) some suggestions are -

California Grill - Contempary Resort
Spoodles - Boardwalk Resort
O'Hanas - Poly Resort
Jiko or Boma's - Animal Kingdom Resort

Send me a personal message or a message on this thread if you need more help. My wife and myself are longtime WDW veterans, so would be glad to give you more help.

IMHO, the time of year you're coming, you will not have to worry about PS's. Especially since you are a party of 2. Dh and I go off season and never do PS's; we never have to wait more than 15 minutes.
Here would be my highlights:
MGM.....Prime Time Cafe and Sci-fi Theatre, both are fun
Epcot....something different would be Marrakesh, something more mainstream would be Le Cellier
Magic Kingdom..we mainly do fast food here...Peco's Bill's being our favorite.

If you are phoning for ps's you can be on hold for a while. The toll free numbers dont work from here. A lot of people use the link below for 2p per minute calls.

http://www.telediscount.co.uk/

Orange mobiles are pretty reasonable too.

Good luck getting what you want. We love LTT and CP in MK, Canada and Morrocco in EPCOT (dont like UK food much).

Try and get hold of Brits Guide to Orlando by Simon Veness. Its great I've got every copy from 1998.

I'm in Linlithgow btw and dead jealous that you are escaping the dreich.

Have fun.

Oh and remember not to phone until lunch time because of the time difference.

Originally posted by jwfla422
I believe the area code is 407 (904) is a north FL area code:p. You can also call toll free at:
877-939-3732
800-828-0228

Yup you are right. I had a flash back to when I lived in FL.

Some great recommendations here.

For Epcot, you might want to look into some of the information concerning the International Food and Wine Festival. If you are going to be there next week, you will be there for the Festival.

Ted

Originally posted by goofy4tink
Hmmmm, let's see. It all depends on what your taste is in food. If it were me, looking for meals for my family I would choose...

MK.. either Cinderella Castle (Cinderella's Royal Table) for a late lunch or early dinner. If you like characters, I would go with the Crystal Palace. Nice buffet with Winnie the Pooh and his buddies.

MGM..maybe 50's Prime Time Cafe. That's always fun and the food is pretty good. Or Brown Derby, more expensive but nice.

Epcot...that one is tough for me. THere are so many good spots to eat. I think I would go over to AllEars website and check out the menus/different restuaurants there. They have really good info about what's what.

Good luck with those PSs and have a terrific trip!!!

Ditto!!

You took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Thanks all some good suggestions there. A week today and we'll be there, can't wait! *prays for no hurricanes*

Scotsfan - my other half is from Linlithgow "Sally Eccleston", you probably know her as near everyone knows everyone else there as far as I know

I second that recommendation - The Food and Wine festival is going to be a great opportunity, and if you have Park Hoppers, I could see having a leisurely dinner at Epcot every night :teeth: !

Have lunch at the Restaurant Akershus, if you can - this wonderful Norwegian buffet restaurant will be closing for lunch starting the week of October 24th, from what I've heard. We loved our lunch there on NYE this past year, and I hope to be able to go back there on our upcoming trip.

Have a great time!

KC:earsgirl:

I think the 50's Prime Time Cafe is a must see. The Trails End Buffet at Fort Wilderness is great if you want to stuff yourself with some great food and you are out and about. At Epcot , we love Le' Cellier.

P.S.- Could you please bring a keg of Tennants over from Scotland and drop it off at the Rose and Crown Pub.

Hiya from 'south of the border'

We will be following you soon (going in 2 weeks)

Here's what I would do in 4 days

Magic Kingdom - Liberty Tree ( character dinner) - we have been here twice already and are going again this time. Have you time to go to the one of the Halloween parties at MK as well, as there should be a couple of these when you are there?

Epcot - we are just grazing around the world at the Food and Wine Festival this year (well except for one night when we will make the short walk from Epcot to the Beach Club for Cape May - my favourite!) - you just go via International Gateway.

MGM - We are doing the Fantasmic Package at Brown Derby - haven't done before but gets good reviews - didn't care for Hollywood and Vine or Mama Melrose.

Welcome to the DIS, Bigmonty! For sit down meals in the parks you've mentioned I would recommend:

MGM - Lunch - Sci Fi Dine In (stick to beefburgers & milkshakes, which is what they do best) to enjoy corny Sci Fi trailers in a parked "car"

MGM - Dinner - Brown Derby Fantasmic Dinner Package so you get reserved seating at the Fantasmic Show (it's getting very late to book, but you might have better luck 1 or 2 days prior to your date)

MK - Lunch - Crystal Palace character buffet with Winnie the Pooh & friends or Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle, if you're really not into the characters

MK - Dinner - 'Ohana at the nearby Polynesian hotel (accessible from the MK via monorail) - all you can eat skewers of turkey/steak/shrimp/pork with appetizers, rice, etc. Make sure you see the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach at the Poly afterwards.

Epcot - Lunch - Grazing around World Showcase eating (and drinking) from the booths at the Food & Wine Festival

Epcot - Dinner - Dinner at a World Showcase restaurant prior to watching Illuminations, which is usually shown at 9:00 p.m. - I like San Angel Inn in Mexico for atmosphere and Le Cellier in Canada for good steak (but I'm planning to try Teppanyaki in Japan for the first time on my next trip).

You haven't said you're going to Animal Kingdom, but for what it's worth:

AK - Lunch - Rainforest Cafe at the entrance to AK

AK - Dinner - Boma at the nearby Animal Kingdom Lodge (accessible by Disney bus). Boma has a wonderful buffet featuring African and not-so-African foods.

There you go - 4 days worth of gorging!

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter