Please help allay my fears...HHN

I am actually very jumpy and not a fan of haunted houses/mazes (though I did do Knott's Scary Farm back in highschool with friends a few times). I went to HHN this year mainly because I wanted the short line waits. After I did all the open rides a few times I thought about trying out one or two haunted houses and was thrilled by them, they were amazing experiences. They don't try and touch you but do get close, in one of the mazes one actor had long rubber fingers right in front of my face and if I didn't stop would have run into them, but that was the closest.

I thought these would be too scary for me (since I was a solo traveler and and could not huddle up with a group so was singled out for scares) but I ended up loving them and did 7 of the 9 houses.

The clowns at the Simpson's area are the ones that try to get very close to you, sneak up with chainsaws. They scared one girl to the point she jumped back and fell on her head, but then they quickly rushed to help her.

We went a few years ago, and I had these same fears. I like horror movies, but not a fan of being scared IRL. My tactic was "fake it till you make it" - I acted like none of the scare actors bothered me. If they approached me I would speak to them directly, like "Wow - your makeup is awesome - so real looking! How long did that take?" They always made a hasty retreat - as they don't want to interact with people this way and ruin the fun for anyone else. I was exhausted from all the acting by the end of the night, but had successfully managed to not act scared or scream, and still had an enjoyable time. Hope you do as well.

If I'm not too scared to speak, I may try this!

So we did this years HHN... we thought it was scarier than previous years.

The scarecrow house and dead waters are seriously jumpy. Scarecrow is the worst.

Saw is deranged and gruesome.

The shining is less jumpy but has a creepy vibe.

Just in case these might be a little too much for you.

Also there are clowns with chainsaws roaming around the Simpson’s. Don’t grab a bite there as you’ll get harassed to death!!

I may have to close my eyes and follow DH through those houses!

I am actually very jumpy and not a fan of haunted houses/mazes (though I did do Knott's Scary Farm back in highschool with friends a few times). I went to HHN this year mainly because I wanted the short line waits. After I did all the open rides a few times I thought about trying out one or two haunted houses and was thrilled by them, they were amazing experiences. They don't try and touch you but do get close, in one of the mazes one actor had long rubber fingers right in front of my face and if I didn't stop would have run into them, but that was the closest.

I thought these would be too scary for me (since I was a solo traveler and and could not huddle up with a group so was singled out for scares) but I ended up loving them and did 7 of the 9 houses.

The clowns at the Simpson's area are the ones that try to get very close to you, sneak up with chainsaws. They scared one girl to the point she jumped back and fell on her head, but then they quickly rushed to help her.

Wow! You're brave to go alone! I think I'll steer clear of The Simpson's area, altogether!

In 2014, I thought I would hate HHN but since I was only able to convince my DH that we should vacation in Orlando for two weeks if we went to HHN...I was frightened at the thought but would push through. I loved it. They do such an excellent job on the themes and costumes, makeup and special effects. I laughed and screamed and amused DH to no end. The scare zones are well done and there are rides open to break up the adrenaline rushes of the houses. I could do two houses, then a ride or beverage break but it was so fun. On our way back to our hotel (Portofino), our boat driver spun a few times in front of the Hard Rock for giggles and we laughed our way back "home". Give it a shot, assess your "fear" reactions and adjust plan accordingly. Oh, and get the HHN Express Pass...worth every penny.

In 2014, I thought I would hate HHN but since I was only able to convince my DH that we should vacation in Orlando for two weeks if we went to HHN...I was frightened at the thought but would push through. I loved it. They do such an excellent job on the themes and costumes, makeup and special effects. I laughed and screamed and amused DH to no end. The scare zones are well done and there are rides open to break up the adrenaline rushes of the houses. I could do two houses, then a ride or beverage break but it was so fun. On our way back to our hotel (Portofino), our boat driver spun a few times in front of the Hard Rock for giggles and we laughed our way back "home". Give it a shot, assess your "fear" reactions and adjust plan accordingly. Oh, and get the HHN Express Pass...worth every penny.

Sounds fun! Thanks!

We already bought the HHN EP since we only have tickets for one night :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter