Please Help... first on site stay too many options???

kaylajr

Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
okay we finally decided to stay on site i had cbr and dreammaker package all set
now DH says ...

is bus shuttle enough?

what about a resort with monorail or boat?

is it better to stay at cbr and up the dreamaker package to silver or more

or

should we stay with dreammaker and go to the next level up in resorts the deluxe
if yes than which one?

i hope you guys have some suggeations

if it helps we are going 12/28/03-1/2/04 5 nights
two kids ages 8 and 10 (by then)
and we have been two the world twice once in 2000 and then in 2002 but never on site

thank you all in advance

Since you're going during the busiest time of year, you should choose a resort where you wouldn't mind spending a lot of time...just in case you find the parks too crowded for your taste. As for the packages, I don't know anything about them as I always book everything seperately to save A TON of money. Have fun whatever you decide.:D

Have you checked mousesavers.com to see if there are discounts for when you go- you will save money booking it separate.

AKL has great transportation-one bus stop and no sharing with another resort. Longest trip is to MK- it was 15 minutes.
I know WL and the Epcot resorts share buses and boats, so in the long run I don't know if your "ride" will be all that shorter.

CBR is a very nice resort if that is where you end up- you will not be dissapointed.

I agree that you might be better off booking everything separate. You can sometimes save BIG money on resorts by using the discount codes, and booking on your own. Also, that way, you aren't tied into the 45 day cancellation policy. By booking through CRO on your own, you will have a 5 day cancellation policy.

As for resorts, if DH is wanting to stay in a hotel with a monorail, by all means, take him up on that offer. I would suggest the Polynesian... great pool, great beach, great view of the MK, great restaurants, great convenience! Beautiful resort... next on our list to try!

If you want the ultimate in convenience on the monorail line, and perhaps a bit less expensive, look into the Contemporary. It is a hit with kids because of the great game room, bright colors, monorail going through the middle, and it is within walking distance of the MK.

If your family is really into Epcot and MGM, think about staying at the Beach Club. Walking distance to Epcot, accessible to MGM by boat, has the best pool for kids in all of WDW, and Boardwalk is right across the water!

Definitely take up the hubby on his offer to upgrade, and GO FOR IT!

Definetly upgrade and book yourself using mousesavers.com and this site for code info. Ask yourself what park you'll spend the most time at. Thats how you decide were to stay. For example if its MK you might want to try a monorail resort-GF,POLY,or CONTEMP. There are great reviews on this board or just ask. If Epcot or MGM is where you'll be the most I'd suggest looking at BC/YC or BW. And lastly if AK is your fav check out the AKL. Planning a WDW trip is half the fun. Enjoy, good luck with your decision.

ok heres the thing. the weather is cool enough, the kids are old enough, your going to stay at the parks and not be running back and forth: the CBR is fine. We went in the summer with two small children who napped and stayed at the OKW which only had busses and we were fine.

But if youre going to trade up, stay at the WL and get a room with a queen bed and bunk beds.

IMHO, Research is your friend! and know your budget. somethings sound great and can really influence you while reading the boards and brochures but stay within your predetermined budget. If money is no object sure the monorail and epcot resorts are wonderful, but if your spending a lot of time in the park and not the resort and only using them for transportantion they are not worth the price. They are totally worth the price for people who have been down so many times they hang out at the resort almost more than they do the parks.

Remember, I'm not sure if you will have a car or not, but if you do staying "on property" you get FREE parking at all parks. Last year while staying at a "monorail" resort we drove to epcot & mgm & ak cause it was quicker than the bus! or transfer from monorail! just show them your parking lot pass, for the dash board.

mky ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter