PLEASE HELP==National rental

Cookie55

Breast Cancer Survivor
Does any one know of a way to save on a rental from National that does NOT include a Saturday night overkeep? I am renting from Sunday night to Friday night. With the DC contract code and NO coupon (can't find one that works) my rate is more than I see many people getting on this board for twice the rental length!! I find this very frustrating. Any suggestions??!! Thanks!!

Take a look at the specials National has listed on there website. Also, can you use the coupon found at the vacationoutlet.com website?

Thanks for the tips however I tried the EC code and it comes out even higher than the DC Code. Also, both of the Vacation Outlet coupons require a Saturday night overkeep which I do not have. None of the specials on the National site fit my criteria either. Any other ideas?:confused:

Yes, they really get you if you do no Saturday stay.

The only coupon I've seen that works is for one or two class upgrade (both BJ's and Entertainment book have them) but then you'd have to go to the counter and I don't even know if that will save you any money.

You don't really give enough info on your trip for someone to investigate for you and see if they can beat your rate...

We'd need to know your dates, rate, and size of car to begin to help.

Good luck!

My dates are Feb16th-Feb 21st Sunday-Friday.) I presently have a reservation for a full size, Emerald Aisle service. Using the OLD DC code my rate is $237.98. Thanks again!

How about signing in for a weekly rental (using disney club and the vacation outlet coupon) and just returning it early? I would think that would get you down to around $150.

I would hope they wouldn't penalize you for returning it a day early, if you paid for a whole week. . . I return cars a bit early when I travel on business all the time.

I'd suggest calling National and asking them about that possibility (1-800-CAR-RENT).

Judy

You could check some of the other codes on mousesavers.com. Also I got a good rate renting from Dollar without staying over SAturday. There are also some good codes to use on dollar on mousesavers too. I use both and have been happy with both.

DO NOT sign up for the weekly and return early! That will negate your weekly rate and then can then charge you the walk up daily rate which is REALLY high. (That is on the rental agreement so you don't have a leg to stand on if they do change your rate!) Business trips are not normally on a weekly rate contract!

I had a real problem with rental car rates for this exact week a few years ago. It is President's day week and they simply run out of cars so they can charge what they want. I have a feeling at this late date that may be the best you can do if you have to have a full size. I would not count on using a free upgrade on a busy week like this.

I was working on a hotel for this coming Saturday night the 15th and Hotwire indicated they could get me a great deal on a car $75 a day for a midsize! I think not.

Thanks for the headsup on that CarolA. I thought I had read something about that before. What is particularly frustrating about this is that I made the reservation a long time ago. I am used to it changing at least a couple of dollars but it has stayed at that rate to the penny for a couple of months! I don't "need" a full size but I am sort of partial to the EA.
:(

I think that's the best you're going to get but I could be wrong. It's a vacation week and you are not booking for a whole week...can't use any coupons but the upgrade one.

I tried on National and came up with the same as you and then I tried Alamo and Dollar came up with a much higher rate; about $100 more!

Sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter