PLEASE HELP! Need to know today (11/18) by 5 pm!

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
I have 2 reservations and need to cancel one today. Need help deciding since we have not stayed at either resort!
OKW- 1 bed (24 pts), 2 nights- Hospitality House
AKL-Kidani: 1 bed savannah view(32 pts) 2 nights

Is AKL that much better to justify 16 more pts? i should say it will be me, DH, and DD 2. We like animals (not love) and not sure really how much time will be spent in room. Will not be going to AK. Will be going to HS and MK these days. Will be going to BVC the next 2 days.

Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated!!!:worship:

It really gets up to what you want to do with your points. Are you planning on spending significant time in the room? If so, a Savannah view would be awesome. Are you going to have a car? Parking at OKW should be more conventient. I believe the rooms are bigger as well.

If it were me, I would try AKV. I've never stayed there yet, but it certainly is something that we plan to experience. That would be my vote.

Bottom line is that you really can't go wrong. You'll love staying at either I'm sure. I'm sure that you'll probably have AKV and OKW fans chiming in both ways. A two year old won't remember anything about the trip other than the pictures you take so go where you and your DH want. Go where your heart takes you and don't look back. Good Luck!

If it was me, I would do OKW. We LOVE AKV, but for two nights, I would save my points especially if you do not plan to spend time in the room watching the animals.

If you are not planning on AK, then I'd stay at OKW. Save the points and be closer to the attractions you want to see. Since you don't plan to be in the room much, you would spend more time traveling back and forth from AKV than you would from OKW.

I think a 2 year old would love to see the animals from the balcony. I am not a fan of OKW, however, and you may be in a position there to have to carry the stroller and whatever you have for your 2 year old up steps.

I like both very much but I would stay at AKV. You will get a great experience and only spend extra points for two nights.

I would do AKV, your little one would love seeing the animals and there is a zero entry pool. But if you want to save points then OKW would be cheaper. It's your call.

Thanks all so much for the quick advice. Just to update...we decided to choose OKW, since we won't be spending a lot of time in the villa. I really want to stay at AKV but I want to be able to spend time there and enjoy everything that it has to offer. The comment about taking a stroller up 2 flights of stairs did make me second guess but I guess we'll hope for a bottom or second floor. Once gain thanks for all of the insight and advice...I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter