PLEASE HELP!! Re: Silver Add-on Plans

kandmwedding

Lover of all things Potato Head
Is there a list somewhere that tells you which tours/restaurants you can use your wishes at, and how many wishes it costs you? I'm trying to decide whether or not to add on the plan and what to determine whether or not it's worth all the extra cash.

Thanks!

www.mousesavers.com has a pretty complete listing on their site of what is included. I pushed my pencil and decided it was worth it for us. We would normally stay conceirge but instead we are adding on the silver plan. Use your wishes for Cirque tickets, dinner shows, and nicer sit-downs and you should come out ahead. We will only use 3 wishes per meal instead of four (we are a family of 4) but each wish comes with an appatizer, entree, dessert, beverage and tax and tip is included. We will never eat four full meals so we will share 3 meals instead. Don't waste wishes on less ex*****ve meals like breakfast or buffets and you should do great.

Renee

My DW and I have done both the Gold plan and the Silver Plan. I would say beware the Gold & Platimum plans. Both include 3 Disney meals each day. When we did the Gold Plan last year for our anniversary, by mid-week we just weren't looking forward to yet another Disney-size meal (appetizer, entree, dessert, beverage) plus another snack each day. *URP* We felt we were just wandering from one meal to the next -- then just roll us back to the room. Those plans are great if you love to eat and live large -- but we felt it was a real waste.

The Silver Plan worked much better for us. We used some wishes on souveniers and others on nice meals. Like another poster said, avoid using a wish for a buffet meal -- wasted money! Be sure to tell your server you are using a wish, too. Sometimes they will help you select the $$$$ items (!!) and occasionally offer you something not on the menu, like steak & lobster. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Also, keep track of your wishes. If you do not use them, they are not refunded and they cannot be transferred to someone else. We ended up with 1 leftover wish (ARGH!) and no way to use it. 2 wishes per person per day can add up to a LOT of wishes.

I had the silver plan on my last trip in January and it worked great. We ate lunch and dinner in the parks and never spent a dime on food otherwise...make sure you choose the most expensive resturants....I'm pretty sure you can get a list of the wishes you've used by either calling or asking at the hotel's front desk, and they don't expire til midnight of your last day there, so after you check out and find you still have one or two left, you can use it on a few cheesy things at the hotel goft shop, or for pins at DD (that's what we did)...all in all it worked out great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter