• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help with dining plan

me4disney

Mouseketeer
We have a family of 5(2A, 1jr-11, 2C-4,8) hopefully travelling in late Sept. for about 8 or 9 nights. We want to stay at POP (2 rooms). We have PAP but would really like the dining plan. 1. If I do the dining package, can we use our PAP's and save the tickets until later without adding the no expiration option?
2. Can we add days and parkhopper privleges when we decide to go back? 3. Is the dining plan worth not getting the AP discount?
4. Can I book 1 room with AP discount and 1 room with dining plan (1A,1jr,2C) and share meals with them?
5. Will they still do connecting rooms?
Sorry I'm so confused and probably not making a lot a sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can help with 4 & 5, I think,
4. You should have no problem sharing the meals, but of course you'll have one less meal than the number of people in your group. You can use more than four at a time though- you just might run out sooner unless you split a few meals. But with younger kids- I think it sounds like a good plan!
5. I got two separate reservations for two rooms at Pop because we needed different tickets (I needed a longer ticket because I'm going back in October...) and they told me no problem with connecting rooms, the ressies are tied together under my name.

For people who already have AP you can buy just a 1 day base ticket with your package to get the free dining.

I have seen herr on the boards that if you are going to spend more than $18 (check the restaurant board for more info) per day on food & you are staying at the values then the dining plan is better than the AP. I am not sure on how the 2 rooms work out though, you might want to call CRO & see if they can connect your rooms with 2 different reservations.

When you get your room card the dining credits are on there in a "pool" no distinction between guests, so yes you could pull from that pool for you to share meals which is a good idea since the meals are usually large.

Hope some other DISer's can answer your other questions, but I hope that helps.

Thanks for the answers. Now I'm trying to decide how many meals we need. My daughter doesn't eat much and my little one likes lots of french fries. We can definately share meals. Thanks again.

me4disney said:
We have a family of 5(2A, 1jr-11, 2C-4,8) hopefully travelling in late Sept. for about 8 or 9 nights. We want to stay at POP (2 rooms). We have PAP but would really like the dining plan. 1. If I do the dining package, can we use our PAP's and save the tickets until later without adding the no expiration option?
2. Can we add days and parkhopper privleges when we decide to go back? 3. Is the dining plan worth not getting the AP discount?
4. Can I book 1 room with AP discount and 1 room with dining plan (1A,1jr,2C) and share meals with them?
5. Will they still do connecting rooms?
Sorry I'm so confused and probably not making a lot a sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First, I'm trying to find out what exactly this junior thing is. My dd is 11 and her pass says "Ages (10+)" And as far as dining goes, if you were paying cash, up to & including age 11 is considered "kids" and will be charged kids price at buffets. But on the plan, 10 & up is considered adult. I've not seen anything that specifically what a junior is. I've said for awhile that there should be soemthing like that because my 11 year old does not eat enough to constitute an $13 increase at a buffet! But still there are only 2 prices-adult and child. That's it. If anyone knows the what and why of the mysterious "junior" classification I'd love to know what it is!!

Anyway, if you are staying at Pop you should definitely do the meal plan. You'd only be saving $18 with our AP discount per night & I doubt you could feed the family on $18 for al of you a day. In your case it's $36 (2 rooms) but still there's no way 5 of you are going to eat 2 meals and a snack each for $36. You can play around with the number of meals...they are not coded for adult & child. You could even pay cash for one or both of the littles and save those meals for another day or a signature dining or a dinner show(requires 2 meals used). You can use them however you like.

Get each of you a 1 day MYW ticket and hold it until next year when the AP's expire. (This is what we are doing) If not all of you have AP"s still get the 1 day each but upgrade the tix individually after you get there. You all need to START with the same ticket but you can upgrade only the ones that need it after you get there.

Hope that helps.

Elise

Elise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter