• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please look at my Day this Friday w/Guests

CaliforniaDreamer

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I'm bringing a couple in their late 40s and their two girls, one is a week away from being 9, the other 7. We were all at DL two years ago. None of us like roller-coasters or anything like one. They want to leave after dinner which is at 5:30 at Blue Bayou (so we must miss the shows). I'm thinking of ordering the Socrerer's susprise but am worried the other girl will feel left out. (maybe I can get her something else). We'll probably arrive around 10 AM.-ish. (their choice)

1. Can we get a birthday sticker for the one celebrating her b-day even though it's in one week?

A friend went recently and got on 4-5 rides. Friday the locals are back in school but it may still be crowded. I'm thinking of:

Buzz Lightyear
Pirates/Haunted Mansion (they've been on these but love them)
autotopia (I hate it but the girls insist)
Maybe eat at the bbq place in bear country? or Mexican
canoes around the lake
maybe the parade if the girls want

(they already did and don't want to redo Small World, Jungle cruise, teacups, Pooh, Indiana)

Is there anything great I'm forgetting about? They have never been to WDW and only DL the one other time. Thanks!
:hourglass

<<1. Can we get a birthday sticker for the one celebrating her b-day even though it's in one week? >>

Well, sure ... if you tell them it's her birthday. Or, maybe, you can be honest and just say "We are celebrating (insert name of girl)'s birthday today!" and let them draw their own conclusions.

<<A friend went recently and got on 4-5 rides. Friday the locals are back in school but it may still be crowded.>>

It will still be crowded, especially because you will be there between 10 and 5.

<<I'm thinking of:

Buzz Lightyear>>

A must ... but also a Fast Pass ride, so you can use Fast Passes for this. I'd come into the park and send someone with everyone's tickets to get Fast Passes for this ride, then go to a few of the others until your FPs are ready, then get FPs for Autopia and repeat.

<<Pirates/Haunted Mansion (they've been on these but love them)>>

Who doesn't :earboy2:

<<autotopia (I hate it but the girls insist)>>

Again, a Fastpass ride, so at least you do not have to wait in the full stand by line (although the FP line on Autopia seems longer than many of the other FP lines to me). Also, they could potentially go together on their own.

<<canoes around the lake>>

Wouldn't be my choice ... I'd only do this if someone was really interested in doing it. I'd rather do the pirate ship (okay ... I KNOW it's not a pirate ship) or Mark Twain.

<<maybe the parade if the girls want>>

If they or you are interested, sure. I think it is a fun parade, and both would probably enjoy it.

<<(they already did and don't want to redo Small World, Jungle cruise, teacups, Pooh, Indiana)>>

Ah, and you said they are not coaster fans, so the various mountains are out.

<<Is there anything great I'm forgetting about? They have never been to WDW and only DL the one other time. Thanks!
:hourglass[/QUOTE]>>

Taking the monorail could be fun. Star Tours might be an option. Taking the train around the park. I am guessing since you did not list them that you will probably avoid all of the Fantasyland rides and ToonTown. You might try to hit the Sword in the Stone ceremony (the B-day girl might just get picked if she is somewhere near the front of the crowd ... or her sister might). Bily HIll and the Hillbillies.

Have a great time!

Thank you so much for the quick reply! Good tips there on the fast passes! I think we did toontown last time but we will probably pick out a ride in Fantasyland.

When and where is the sword in the stone ceremony please? :wave:

CaliforniaDreamer said:
Thank you so much for the quick reply! Good tips there on the fast passes! I think we did toontown last time but we will probably pick out a ride in Fantasyland.

When and where is the sword in the stone ceremony please? :wave:

The ceremony times are listed on the disney.com site, and is probably also listed on the event schedule for the park that they hand out. It happens several times/day. It takes place on the castle side of the carousel in Fantasyland. If you come up Main and walk through the castle, the sword in the stone will be in front of you.

Have a great time!

Stephens family, just wanted to say thank you for taking the time for the helpful hints. I am printing them out. I will explain to the girls that some people I don't even know - but found over the computer - helped us plan our day at DL! One thing, I know - it will be hot.

some pixie dust for your next visit there -- :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter