Please Talk me into an Add-On.

Amy5000

Mouseketeer
Here goes. Dh and I own a small (100 pt) SSR contract. I've come to realize that we will need more points for a multitude of reasons. I'm one of those people who does not feel strongly about where I stay (as long as it's at WDW), so OKW or SSR pts are fine with me.

I decided about 3 days before the end of my use year (I have an Oct UY) to do a tiny 25 pt add on at OKW. My rational:

Since I was getting 06 pts it was like a $10 discount off the price. Also if I were to buy resale I would have to pay more significant closing costs. And closing costs on smaller resale contract can easily run $10 per pt., so I figured that the cost was pretty close to the cost of a resale agreement.

Am I deluding myself that this add on is a good deal? I actually think we need more than 25 pts, but I figured I would add pts slowly. After all, we have not yet even taken our first DVC trip....there's no saying that I'll become as gung-ho on Disney or DVC as many on these boards. (We've been to Disney before, but not since having children).

Should I slowly add pts through Disney or save up and buy a resale which actually has the number of pts we'll really need? (Which is actually somewhat difficult to estimate right now). I aslo just feel like it's so painless to pay for 25 pts vs. a larger contract. And it's so much easier to convince DH to agree to 25 pts than a larger contract.

Thoughts anyone?

Amy

maybe a little more - 40 points - then you have a studio at OKW for 5 days in adventure and choice seasons - even if you don't buy more points.

Amy,

I'm with you. I would add on slowly - 25 pts per purchase. If you add on through Disney, you would have to pay cash (or credit card) but I believe there are no closing costs. If you buy re-sale, then you would have closing costs on top of that.

Actually, that's my plan too. I think its more manageable. Hopefully next year I'll be able to add 25 pt and each year until I get to my goal. I would like another 50 to 100 pts. :lovestruc

Good luck!!

Thanks Tink and spicycat. I guess I'm going through with this and if I want more pts later...we'll get them. :goodvibes

I would consider a 50 point at SSR as it was and most likley still is eligable for the 10 a point discount where as a 25 is not (unless that has changed) I know it is more money up front but in the long run IF you plan on adding more.. it is a 500 savings. If 25 is enough then stick to your plans.

I would consider a 50 point at SSR as it was and most likley still is eligable for the 10 a point discount where as a 25 is not (unless that has changed) I know it is more money up front but in the long run IF you plan on adding more.. it is a 500 savings. If 25 is enough then stick to your plans.

Actually I would consider getting an SSR add-on, but you need to purchase 100 pts to get the $10 off incentive. If it were 50 pts I might have considered it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter