Please tell me this is a glitch JetBlue (update - it must have been)

mickey916

DIS Veteran
I've been stalking JetBlue's flights for my two sons to join us in April. I've found that the flights are cheapest when purchased on a Tuesday. My boys weren't ready to purchase last Tuesday so their plan is to buy this Tuesday. I just took a peek to make sure the fares are still good. They were $398 yesterday round trip ($348 last Tuesday), today they are $1538! Please tell me that's a weird glitch. How can flights go up that much overnight?

I saw something similar.

One flight was 750 one way, it was 109 a day or two ago. There are plenty of seats, although mostly the extra space ones.

I keep checking every day - it does fluctuate all the time.

I'm already booked but I noticed that JetBlue changed a few itineraries coming in and out of MCO this morning and the prices skyrocketed. I got a "booking confirmation" email this morning that gave me a heart attack thinking my credit card had been stolen until I realized they just moved some flights around. Went back to their booking portal while I was trying to figure out what happened and not only am I leaving 50 minutes earlier the day I fly out, prices went from $119 to $638 :scared1:

We just decided to book Delta and it was less than the cheapest flight I’d seen on JetBlue.

I would normally not pay these crazy prices - and I keep posting - if we make the trip next month (due to DH medical/health). We were originally supposed to drive and our trip was supposed to start at Vero. Cancelled Vero portion.

We are flying down a few days before Easter, coming back almost two weeks later, paid for insurance (almost $99) close to $1500.

I would normally not pay these crazy prices - and I keep posting - if we make the trip next month (due to DH medical/health). We were originally supposed to drive and our trip was supposed to start at Vero. Cancelled Vero portion.

We are flying down a few days before Easter, coming back almost two weeks later, paid for insurance (almost $99) close to $1500.
The prices are crazy. Sending pixie dust that you'll be able to make the trip and that your DH is okay.

I’m hoping it’s a glitch as well out of Worcester MA it’s now $530 one way to MCO???

It wouldn't surprise me if this is a schedule change weekend and they jack the prices to stop people from booking those flights until they get everyone whose flight is cancelled rebooked. I've been tracking a trip to Denver for a work conference, same thing, one Saturday a month the price would jump from $450 to $1,500, then come back down on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. It's a thing with Delta frequent flyers that you don't book flights on weekends because you know the prices are going to come down on Monday.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is a schedule change weekend and they jack the prices to stop people from booking those flights until they get everyone whose flight is cancelled rebooked. I've been tracking a trip to Denver for a work conference, same thing, one Saturday a month the price would jump from $450 to $1,500, then come back down on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. It's a thing with Delta frequent flyers that you don't book flights on weekends because you know the prices are going to come down on Monday.
Interesting...I had suggested to my boys that they wait until a weekday but there were so few decent seats left that they went with it and purchased their Delta flights today.

Edit to add: I think I'll check tomorrow morning for them while they're within the 24 hour cancellation period just in case it goes down.

Last edited:
It’s possible. I think your boys just learned a very expensive lesson on how unpredictable airfares can be. A group booking may have come through or flight schedules of other flights may have changed affecting availability on the MCO route. Or JetBlue could be fishing to instill panic and get people to book when the rate drops down to payable but painful.

Imho JetBlue has a high likelihood of being hard to predict this year due to operational changes. These started back in Jan due to the failed Spirit merger. One would generally expect them to increase as they just announced new execs & activits on the board- all because of the pesky little detail that they haven’t made a profit since ‘19.

It’s possible. I think your boys just learned a very expensive lesson on how unpredictable airfares can be. A group booking may have come through or flight schedules of other flights may have changed affecting availability on the MCO route. Or JetBlue could be fishing to instill panic and get people to book when the rate drops down to payable but painful.

Imho JetBlue has a high likelihood of being hard to predict this year due to operational changes. These started back in Jan due to the failed Spirit merger. One would generally expect them to increase as they just announced new execs & activits on the board- all because of the pesky little detail that they haven’t made a profit since ‘19.

Ugh, stinks to hear this... JetBlue has always been the cheapest, most reliable, and most comfortable to fly between Newark and MCO

Just went in to check and the prices are back down to what they've been. That was really weird. The flights my sons booked on Delta though were at pretty much the same flight schedule (non-stop) and were $65 each cheaper anyhow.

Just went in to check and the prices are back down to what they've been. That was really weird. The flights my sons booked on Delta though were at pretty much the same flight schedule (non-stop) and were $65 each cheaper anyhow.
Jet Blue’s games were Delta’s gains! Have a great family trip!

Jet Blue’s games were Delta’s gains! Have a great family trip!
Thank you! It's funny...I've been looking at the fares on JetBlue for about a month and fully expected that when my sons finally confirmed they were able to go that they would book with them. Then, for whatever reason, JetBlue jacked up the prices and it made my sons panic and start searching flights and JetBlue lost out. The good news though is it finally made them book a flight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter