Pleasure Island

jasmine291

Earning My Ears
I just heard that they are getting rid of the fee to get onto pleasure island, because people were going to citywalk instead.
Has anybody else heard this???::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Pleasure Island will be continuing to operate "ungated" as the attraction tests a new ticket price system. Guests now have access to all clubs on Pleasure Island for one ticket price of $16.95. During the test period, guests will NOT need a ticket to wander the streets and enjoy the atmosphere of PI, but will need to purchase a ticket to enter the clubs.

How is the set up for those that have AP's for Pleasure Island? Do we still get our wristbands where the turnstiles are or do you get it at the entrance to the clubs?

Does anyone know with this new "ungated" policy and the discounted price, are they still offering the "5 days for an extra $5.00?"

Anyone can walk through the streets at PI now, no admission is required to do that.

If you want admission to the clubs, you'd need to either have a pass that includes PI club admission or buy a ticket at the ticket booths, which are in the same areas they always were. You'll present your pass or ticket to the door personnel at the first club you enter. They'll scan your pass and give you a wristband. If you club hop once you've gotten the wristband, you will show the wristband at the door for admission to other clubs.

I don't know the fate of the 5 for 5 admission policy.

:rolleyes: For clarification. This now means that I can go and watch the outside live entertainment on the end stages and see the fireworks -New Year Celebration at midnight and not pay a cent???
How long is this trial period.?

They don't seem to have any live bands anymore on the stage. But, yes, the outdoor entertainment can be seen for free. The fireworks only last 26 seconds, not much of a bargain.

The open street admission policy has been continued indefinitely.

Hello ~

PI is ungated now, but you need a ticket to enter the clubs, (comedy and night clubs); the 5 for 5 isn't happening right now, they might bring it back, but it's not available now....

You can walk around PI and Downtown Disney anytime you want, you don't need a ticket to do so....and as for the wristbands, once you enter a nightclub or comedy club, you'll be issued a wristband....

Hope that helps!

They also have live bands in the Rock n Roll Beach Club; the West End Stage has changed over to a jumbo tron video screen, but it's still a cool place to see videos..!

As for the live bands, be sure to check them out!

PrincessCandaceMarie said:
Hello ~

PI is ungated now, but you need a ticket to enter the clubs, (comedy and night clubs); the 5 for 5 isn't happening right now, they might bring it back, but it's not available now....

Is this something they've normally done for the peak travel season? Or, I wonder if this is changing because of the new Magic Your Way Tickets, etc. This doesn't matter too much for me since I have an AP. I just have planning to do for a friend.

LeftCoaster said:
Is this something they've normally done for the peak travel season? Or, I wonder if this is changing because of the new Magic Your Way Tickets, etc. This doesn't matter too much for me since I have an AP. I just have planning to do for a friend.
Hello ~

No...they had 5 for 5 at different times, in fact I think one year (2 or 3 years ago) it was all year long...but when they went ungated, it went away....they're testing it to see what clubs get people in and what clubs don't....and with the MYW tickets, PI is an option just like the water parks and DQ....hope I helped ~

Pleasure Island has been "ungated" since at least the early summer. I was there in July and there was no admission to enter PI.

PrincessCandaceMarie said:
Hello ~

No...they had 5 for 5 at different times, in fact I think one year (2 or 3 years ago) it was all year long...but when they went ungated, it went away....they're testing it to see what clubs get people in and what clubs don't....and with the MYW tickets, PI is an option just like the water parks and DQ....hope I helped ~

What I was asking if the lack of a 5 for 5 was because of it being a peak travel season or maybe something to do in prep for the new MYW tickets. Even after PI went ungated, they still had the 5 for 5 deal going on until the end of Octobe at least.

Does Pleasure Island still get pretty large crowds? Still fun? I havent been there in a few years now.

Was at PI on Friday, they are doing the add 5 days for $5. Also the Jazz club is currently closed. Nothing said about what is coming next but personally hope it isnt going to be yet another club as just having a live band at the Beach Club does limit the live music options. The ungated policy does improve the atmosphere outside as you get many more people coming through.

Hope this helps

ColUK said:
Also the Jazz club is currently closed. Nothing said about what is coming next but personally hope it isnt going to be yet another club as just having a live band at the Beach Club does limit the live music options.
The rumor is that it will be an "Irish Style Pub", possibly sponsored by Guinness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter