Pocahontas to Leave AK?

meeko_33785

<font color=teal>Surrounded by characters<br><font
We all knew it was only a matter of time. Screamscape is reporting that "Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends" may be kicked out of t's home to make way for that Dragon Coaster. While I know many may be happy about this, it's mixed for me. Yes, it would be great to have a new land, but I will miss Pocahontas. I hope Disney will be adding something new to give Pocahontas as much presance in the park as she does now (let's face it, it wasn't the best of shows, but she deserved to be there). And what will they do with those animals? Move them to Rafiki's Planet Watch? I hope Pocahontas is not evected with nowhere to go.

I could never understand why she was at an African themed park. I would think Frontierland would be more appropiate for her.

Dumbo

AK is not an African-themed park. Only one of the "lands" is Africa. (Southeast) Asia is the other place that's represented, and there's the other "lands" too...

Bye Pocahontas! Hope you find a home, but I want BEASTLY KINGDOM to open asap. :D

And Pocahontas spent her entire life in Virginia.

Dumbo

Pocohantas did not spend her entire life in Virginia. She travelled to England later in life.

In addition, Camp MinnieMickey is themed to campgrounds and summer camps in the Northeastern United States. Virginia can certainly be included in this. It is also themed as as camping area for all the Disney Characters, so it is also not a stretch to think that should such a camp exist, Pocohantas would surely be one of the Councelors. If she doesn't belong there themeatically, she certainly doesn't belong in Frontierland, which is primarily the American Southwest (with the exception of Splash Mountain which is totally out of place.)

The other lands other than Africa are: Asia; Dinoland, USA; and Discovery Island. Asia is themed to Southern Asia and the Indian sub-continent. It is specifiacally not China or Japan.
It is India, Nepal, and Indonesia. Dinoland, USA is a general roadside America theme, but more specifically the American Southwest. Discovery Island is no place in particular, but a general tropical island theme that could be off the coast of any of the continents represented.

The Animal Kingdom is not an African park, but based on the whole world of animals. I Pocahontas surly fits in the park since she is largely looked at (at least by Disney marketing) as a champion of nature and, in the film, a friend of all the animals of the forest. To say Pocahontas does not fit in the park is like saying Tarzan, who is also a human, should not belong there either (talk about breaking theming, his show's in Dinoland!). Anyway, Pocahontas should receive a new presence in the park if her show is taken out, maybe at Conservation Station (oops, I mean "Rafiki's Planet Watch". Those lions and their friends get everything in that park). Something new in that are could really bring some more life to it.
As for Fronteirland, I think Pocahontas would fit fine there as well. One must remember this is Frontierland, not "Westernland" and, in 1607, Virginia was most defiantly the Frontier, probably more so that the Country Bears and Splash Mountain. I would love to see Pocahontas and friends take over Tom Sayer's Island, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Does Simba fill in on ocassion for her forest friends?:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter