Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

Thanks for the quick answer John!

But how many are midship?

ETA...OK, not how many, which catagories. Sorry

You should check out the deck plans we have on our site for the Dream located here - http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/deck-plans.htm - I know they say 2011 but it is also for 2012. That should help you get an idea where the staterooms you might want are located.

You mentioned wanting a 6A. You might not know this but all of the category 6 staterooms (6A and 6B) have the solid wall verandah and not the plexiglass. That's why they are a little cheaper than the category 5 staterooms. Not sure if that makes a difference to you or not.

Hi honey! I believe the Bs are midship. And if I'm not mistaken there are more verandah rooms than not on the Dream.

Can I put in my request for December now? Dec 8 2012 is a very BIG birthday for Lori :)

Just sayin'! Off to tell Rick about this- guess we're going to reconsider that 3/17/12 vow renewal on Castaway Cay now!

That's certainly the timeframe we're looking at for the next one. It will depend on DCL itineraries at that time but we seem to gravitate to that first/second week of December for these events.

That's certainly the timeframe we're looking at for the next one. It will depend on DCL itineraries at that time but we seem to gravitate to that first/second week of December for these events.

Like! December 8th is the anniversary of Val & I meeting!!

Has there been any thought on changing up the itinerary for the December cruise??

I was thinking maybe on the Fantasy for a 7 night Eastern or Western Caribbean cruise :love: :goodvibes

Has there been any thought on changing up the itinerary for the December cruise??

I was thinking maybe on the Fantasy for a 7 night Eastern or Western Caribbean cruise :love: :goodvibes

Anything is possible. We need to see the itineraries and sail dates before we can decide.

Well, to answer my own question, I went to the link as directed and figured out a few things.
First, and foremost, Cat 6A and B are aft staterooms not midship staterooms, so thats a no go, plexiglass or solid.
Cat 4A to 4D are family staterooms, sleep up to 5, not what I need, but have midship staterooms and is an option nonetheless.
So it seems my best option is a Cat 5A to 5E, sleeps up to 4, of which only 100-130 can be considered "midship".
Now, after reading Room317's post, I came to the conclusion that a dummy cruise booking may be the way to go and start thinking about Dec 2012 as our boys will not be out of school until the 27th or 28th as well.
And, just a heads up, while doing this, I counted how many inside staterooms were available (not what I want, but curious) as these are pretty popular with the single and double cruisers.
Total inside staterooms in Cat's 10A and 11A-C is 135.
These may go fast. JMHO

At first, I requested a quote for a Cat 6 room. I didn't realize that these are all aft.

So my only option for midship is 5A-E? Am I understanding that right?

I know nothing about cruising and I am not ashamed to admit it. Even before 3.0 was announced, I said that I'd go on the Dream as my first cruise. Is there a primer somewhere to help me understand all of this?

At first, I requested a quote for a Cat 6 room. I didn't realize that these are all aft.

So my only option for midship is 5A-E? Am I understanding that right?

No, there are also midship in Cat 4A-D, but those are Family rooms that sleep 5, and are about $230 more for 2 people.
These are verandah rooms, if you want midship inside or Oceanview there are other options available. 9B, 10A, 11A-C.

deck plans http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/photos/DisneyDreamDeckPlan.jpg

My wife thinks I'm nuts. But as a graduation gift to myself, I get to go on Podcast cruise 3.0!:goodvibes

What is wrong with an aft room?

Some people maintain that aft rooms feel more of the motion of the ship. I'm borderline when it comes to motion sickness. I can't ride in the backseat of a car. I haven't been on a boat in maybe 10 years and it didn't bother me then, but we figure better safe than sorry!!!

Personally....John and I prefer aft staterooms.

It's much quieter back there.

The aft elevators are never crowded.

On the Magic and the Wonder, the restaurants, drink station, quick service places etc are all in the aft. This makes bringing breakfast back to the room easier.

It's not unusual for aft staterooms to get seats in the restaurants for the Muster Drill

Our stateroom on PCC 2.0 is an aft stateroom...by choice.

Okay, I am cruise dumb. What is an aft room? I've heard that it is either better or worse, but what is the difference?

Okay, I am cruise dumb. What is an aft room? I've heard that it is either better or worst, but what is the difference?

Aft rooms are ones at the backend of the ship. You're basically hanging off the end of the boat. :-) There's some good pics on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763

Kevin, I do believe we would enjoy an aft room for the quietness and seclusion but I don't want to risk being miserable.

Okay, I am cruise dumb. What is an aft room? I've heard that it is either better or worst, but what is the difference?

The three sections of the ship are the Fore (front), Mid Ship (middle) and Aft (back) sections.

There are also the Port side (left) and Starboard side (right).

People feel that Mid Ship rooms feel less motion. Think of a teeter totter and how the middle moves less than either end.

Also, to minimize movement, people feel that the lower decks feel less movement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter