Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

Edit:I'm listening to the Dis podcast and have a thought about cash only:

So I just got back from my vacation from both WDW and DCL. We did the whole trip in cash. For the DCL portion if you choose cash, you get a pseudo "credit limit" based on how many nights you are on the ship. For instance, I was on a 7 night cruise and my limit was $500. If I never got to that point, I would then have to go to Guest Services and settle the bill. I pretty sure that it goes down about $100 something like 7-$500, 5-$400,4-$300,3-$250. They give you that sheet when you check in if you are cash-only.

Another thing to consider, you can prepay tips. I wouldn't. Based on our experience on the cruise, we had sub-par services at the beginning of the cruise. By the end, we had a completely different waitering staff and the assist server would never be tipped cause we didn't have one. (yes it will be in my trip report sometime in Dec after I get done writing the TR for WDW.)

This was our first trip on DCL and over-all a lot of fun. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

We are going on the Disney fantasy on may 19, 2012 for a seven night cruise and we have 9 rooms booked with family and maybe more to come! When you announced the dates I was holding my breath praying for you to pick that one! I am a newly disabled en am in bed alot related to my rheumatoid arthritis and so enjoy your podcast. Sometimes I feel you are talking to me or about me! Maybe the one in December!! Take care!

We are deposited! :yay: 583 days, but who's counting? Amazing to think we have a whole other vacation between now and then, too. :)

XO
Liz

Eric HAS to wear his Dr Doofenschmirtz (???) tshirt so that we recognize him.:lmao:

:laughing: Kevin, even as I was saying that, I realized there was no way on this lovely earth John would be able to identify Eric based on that description. We were absolutely delighted to meet you all - what a fun lunch!

XO
Liz

Eric HAS to wear his Dr Doofenschmirtz (???) tshirt so that we recognize him.:lmao:

Kevin, the Doofenschmirtz shirt gets to come along on all Disney-related trips. It is a shame that you will only recognize me one day out of five, though. :)

Kevin, the Doofenschmirtz shirt gets to come along on all Disney-related trips. It is a shame that you will only recognize me one day out of five, though. :)

We'll have to figure out another way.

Maybe tagging you with some sort of tracking device.:laughing:

I think I just got my DH to agree to this!!! :cool1:
Now I'm frantically trying to figure out what stateroom we need for a family of 5. DH and I went on a Celebrity cruise about 12 years ago so we know nothing about cruising. Once I figure out what to book, I'll make our deposit!!!
Did I mention that I'm excited???

Amanda

Just back to add that I just submitted a deposit and we're set to go on Podcast Cruise 3.0!!!! I've been dying to go on a Disney cruise and now it's a reality!

Amanda

Nice! It's cool to see so many families that seem to be booking . . . is it more than the Podcast 1.0 and 2.0 lineups, or similar?

Nice! It's cool to see so many families that seem to be booking . . . is it more than the Podcast 1.0 and 2.0 lineups, or similar?

So far the ratio of families to couples or single travelers signing up for 3.0 is much higher than either previous podcast cruise. That will most likley change after the rebookings on PC 2.0 but it's nice to see so many families booking.

Hmmm - guess we'll have to work on something special for the little ones on that cruise.

Hey guys! I am seriously considering this cruise, but I'm wondering if there are any single parents who have cruised before? I will have my 12 y.o. DD with me and I have to say I haven't cruised since I was 12...and my parents dropped me off in the "daycare"...I really don't want to do this to her, so are there activities that a parent and child can do together? (Hey, who knows....maybe I won't be single then......a girl can dream! :lovestruc )

Hey guys! I am seriously considering this cruise, but I'm wondering if there are any single parents who have cruised before? I will have my 12 y.o. DD with me and I have to say I haven't cruised since I was 12...and my parents dropped me off in the "daycare"...I really don't want to do this to her, so are there activities that a parent and child can do together? (Hey, who knows....maybe I won't be single then......a girl can dream! :lovestruc )

I have cruised as a single parent before I remarried. My ds is 14 now, he was 9 and 10 at the time. DCL has plenty of family based activities and an incredible kids club. Usually on our cruises my son was begging to go to kids club while I was begging for him to stay with me! I think you will find a cruise will give you the right mix of together and alone time.

Also a day on Castaway Cay just the 2 of you is something I am sure neither of you will forget.

I have not read through the thread yet but can someone give me a quick run down on the Stateroom cat, available.

Why would I want one over another?

Location on Ship?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter