Point usage

jerseyduke

Home is just where you stay when not at WDW
I have a week trip booked. It uses basically all my current points.

the last 3 days are available at for a switch.

I select the 3 days and it "holds" the room for me.

it tells me I have to borrow vacation points to book it (which is true at that instant)

If I go modify my existing reservation, and chop off the last three days - those points go into my account (they are current UY points), will I get those points into my account, such that even though my new reservation is saying it will borrow 45 points, it will no longer borrow and use the newly available ones if I then book it?

If this were me, I would call Member Services and let them handle something like this. You certainly don't want to get involved in borrowing points you don't need to borrow. And you don't want to do anything to lose those 3 days. I do most things online, but this situation would be a call for me. Sorry.

If this were me, I would call Member Services and let them handle something like this. You certainly don't want to get involved in borrowing points you don't need to borrow. And you don't want to do anything to lose those 3 days. I do most things online, but this situation would be a call for me. Sorry.
One night only has one room left, and I tried MS, and they are experiencing longer than average hold times - said room would probably be gone.

Funny thing - I was getting ready to try to pull of this switch only to realize that my wait list for the entire week had come thru in the interim.

Would still love to know the answer tho

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter