Points required for Poly bungalo?

DVCcurious

DIS Veteran
You know what I'm talking about, those 2BR houses on the water.

How many points per night will be required to book them? Any word yet?

Any good guesses? I'm just curious how many Poly points I'd need to buy to have a bungalo for 1 week in July each year.

A 2BR lake view at Grand Floridian is 550 points for a week in July. Will Poly's bungalos be about the same?

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say probably more. But just a guess.

If they market the Poly like they did THV, they will set the point requirement lower while the Poly is being sold, then reallocate the point requirements when sold out. For THV the reason given was because the THV are popular. :confused3

:earsboy: Bill

No clue on the total points, but the best Poly source I know is Tikiman. I believe his May report indicated a single night in the water bungalows would be more expensive than 7 nights in a Poly studio.

MK, water view, plunge pools so people in the bungalow can soak and enjoy the view. These could be among the most desirable in all of WDW and DVD knows it.

When I was at VGF a couple of weeks ago, I was thinking that those bungalows should be completed sooner than the longhouses. It doesn't seem like they would take another year. I wonder if they will put those up for cash reservations until they start selling Poly? Or just sell points for those?

No clue on the total points, but the best Poly source I know is Tikiman. I believe his May report indicated a single night in the water bungalows would be more expensive than 7 nights in a Poly studio.

MK, water view, plunge pools so people in the bungalow can soak and enjoy the view. These could be among the most desirable in all of WDW and DVD knows it.

Whaaaaat. :scared1: I mean, I was expecting them to be a decent amount....

When I was at VGF a couple of weeks ago, I was thinking that those bungalows should be completed sooner than the longhouses. It doesn't seem like they would take another year. I wonder if they will put those up for cash reservations until they start selling Poly? Or just sell points for those?

Once the legal filings are completed and approved, DVD will declare units into the association and start selling. If they are using the over water units will attract sales, they will complete them first and start selling even before they are totally completed.

Selling is where the money is.

If they market the Poly like they did THV, they will set the point requirement lower while the Poly is being sold, then reallocate the point requirements when sold out. For THV the reason given was because the THV are popular. :confused3

You've been touting this particular conspiracy theory for years but I just don't see the connection. If DVD had priced the Treehouse Villas higher than SSR Two Bedrooms from the start, it would have given them more points to sell. More points = more profits.

DVD has repeatedly demonstrated that they aren't afraid of going high where the point charts are concerned.

The Treehouses are unlike any other DVC property. While they do possess three separate bedrooms, one of those bedrooms is equipped with bunk beds. Additionally the square footage and sleeping capacity is on par with other 2B units. Also factor in the remote setting & lackluster transportation. It was far from guaranteed that the THV would be in high demand.

If they knew from Day One that the Treehouses WOULD be sought-after, they would have been priced higher right from the get-go and DVD would have earned even higher revenues from SSR.

As for the Poly Bungalows, I fully expect them to be priced much higher than a Poly 2B...even if the sleeping capacity is the same. Their prime location (much different than SSR THV situation) and setting will undoubtedly drive higher demand. DVD will also look to recoup the higher construction costs associated with water top bungalows.

You've been touting this particular conspiracy theory for years but I just don't see the connection. If DVD had priced the Treehouse Villas higher than SSR Two Bedrooms from the start, it would have given them more points to sell. More points = more profits.

DVD has repeatedly demonstrated that they aren't afraid of going high where the point charts are concerned.

The Treehouses are unlike any other DVC property. While they do possess three separate bedrooms, one of those bedrooms is equipped with bunk beds. Additionally the square footage and sleeping capacity is on par with other 2B units. Also factor in the remote setting & lackluster transportation. It was far from guaranteed that the THV would be in high demand.

If they knew from Day One that the Treehouses WOULD be sought-after, they would have been priced higher right from the get-go and DVD would have earned even higher revenues from SSR.

As for the Poly Bungalows, I fully expect them to be priced much higher than a Poly 2B...even if the sleeping capacity is the same. Their prime location (much different than SSR THV situation) and setting will undoubtedly drive higher demand. DVD will also look to recoup the higher construction costs associated with water top bungalows.

I don't know if it was a conspiracy, but it was a fact. They advertised that you could get a 3 bedroom at THV for the same points as a 2 bedroom at SSR.

After selling out they raised the point requirements to stay there.

We don't know how the mouse mind works or why they do what they do. Maybe the lower point cost pushed the sales and resulted in more money.

I don't know if it was a conspiracy, but it was a fact.

You are the one who stated that they "set the point requirement lower" with the Treehouses, suggesting that it was the chosen means to "market" the property.

Seems pretty clear you believe it was a calculated move.

Personally I would say that they underestimated demand for the Treehouses and adjusted the nightly point costs to compensate. As a result, many guests staying in Studio, One Bedroom and Two Bedroom villas now pay fewer points per night than before the addition of the Treehouse Villas.

After selling out they raised the point requirements to stay there.

If you want to get technical, the point reallocation was announced about 6 weeks before the resort was "sold out."

Maybe the lower point cost pushed the sales and resulted in more money.

If that were the thinking, I propose we would not see VGF rooms which consistently require 20-30% more points than the same size / view at BLT...or 25-60% higher than BCV.

Up to this point, Tikiman's information indicates Rapa Nui will be all studios.
In his June Report he wrote...
Some Jacuzzi tubs have been seen out near Rapa Nui and also installed in the bungalows.

I believe this is our first indication Poly studios will have a Jacuzzi tub and a separate shower.
That or Rapa Nui will have 1BR and/or 2BR units.

Makes sense to put in the tub with separate shower given how large these rooms are compared to other properties.

That's amazing! Wow!! The cheapest week at VGF is 125, so you know it'll be higher then that. Like I said WOW! I guess letting the information slip out into the public is one way of conditioning them for a huge point price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter