• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll do you buy trip insurance, if so have you had to use it?

Do you buy trip insurance, if so have you had to use it?

• Yes, but I have never needed it

Votes: 132 55.9%
  • Yes, and I used it (please tell more about that below)

Votes: 45 19.1%
  • No, and I have not needed it

Votes: 52 22.0%
  • No. but I wish I did (please tell more below)

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • No, I could have used it in the past but I still don't plan to get it (PLEASE explain below)

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
We had it on our cruise last year, but I was too lazy to file the claim.
Little dude came down with pink-eye. The travel insurance wanted us to file a claim with our regular insurance first, which was reasonable.
But life was busy and I clearly had more time than money, so I got lazy.

I did NOT buy insurance for our Hawaii trip this summer.
Could have been a major mistake, but turned out okay, thank goodness.
Big brother had strep for 3 DAYS before our flight. The day before our flight he still had a fever and the antibiotics started making him throw up.
I called the airline to try and reschedule, but the best they could do was leave Sunday instead of Friday, for an additional $2000!!!
So we decided to go anyway and pray that it would all work out.

As it happened, antibiotics finally kicked in for real Thursday night and we had a good trip.

Never not buying insurance again.
(And hopefully won't be too lazy to file in the future.)

For those who have purchased travel insurance...do you purchase just medical coverage, or do you get a comprehensive policy? I know we will get medical coverage for our next cruise, but I am not sure if we need to purchase coverage for everything else? It's so much cheaper for just medical.

See my post above.
Imagine a member of your party getting horribly ill right before the trip.
Option A: Go with sick person and hope you all survive
Option B: Eat the cost of the trip
Option C: Cancel the trip but get money back for another trip.

We buy it for every trip we take. We've had to use it twice. Just this past spring I was in the hospital when we should have been in Vegas. We use Travel Guard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter