POLL : Mission Space

How did you enjoy "Mission Space"?

• Loved it - This is my new "must ride"!

• It was okay - I'm glad I tried it but I probably won't ride again.

• Eeewww - I wished I were dead... it got so bad!

• Are you kidding?!? I read the DISboards and took the "chicken exit". Hah!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll go first - it was okay. We were going on a cruise the next day, so I had some Bonine I took "just in case". I'm glad I did! I'll take Rock-n-Roller Coaster any day.

Steve

I'm not sure how to vote. I thought the ride was good and I will go on it again, but I would not call it a "must ride". I'm somewhere in between the first two choices so I am not going to officially vote.

Can I be unhappy with the choices?

I really didn't love it. It's a mediocre attraction. It's good at what it set out to do in that it is very effective in its simulation, but it didn't set the bar too high. It isn't compelling or a big candidate for rerides, really, only because it lacks nuances and details and character.

I'll ride it again the next time I visit, I'm sure, but it's nowhere near as high a priority as some of Disney's best, thrill rides or otherwise.

I'm glad I went on it because I wanted to see what it was all about. It was a spectacular ride.

But I doubt very much if I'll go again. I did get very queezy. At one point I remember thinking "God I hope this is over"! :)

Now my 14 year old son and his friend; they rode it again and again until the line became too long to wait!!

I'm bumping this back up...if you've experienced Mission:Space, please vote in the poll.

Thanks,
Pete

Rode it again today! It gets better each time! Can't wait to ride it again, and again!!!!

I rode it four times... I voted the first one.

Although, after two times, the attraction, did sort of seem "Is this all there is ?"...it was cool, fun technology, but I was just sort of expecting more, if that makes any sense.

I loved it! It did give my dh a headache for the rest of the day tho. My 9 y/o dd loved it too. I felt it was too short in duration. But, based on some reactions, I guess they can't make it longer. I felt no queasiness at all. Now, I wonder if I did it twice a day for the rest of my life if it would work like a face-lift. My face did get flattened out!!! Will be riding it every time we go to Epcot.

I really loved it and did not feel sick while riding it.
DD (age 9) and I both had headaches and felt ill for a good hour afterwards. The two boys (10 and 12) rode it twice in a row without any ill effects.

Would probably ride it one more time just to see what I missed because I was so nervous. But only at the end of the day;)

Thanks DVC Cal! I was planning on starting the poll but never got to it....

Hey Moderators!!! could we keep this thread "stuck" on the front page for a few days to get more opinions????

Thanks!
Sue

LOVED it! I would not do it twice in a row, but I will definitely do it again next time I'm in Epcot!

It's a fantastic attraction, if for no other reason than the creative forces that went into making it. I was awestruck by the full sensory experience.

I'd like to hear some more comments on this ride from people. Please, cast your vote and share your thoughts!

Thanks,
Pete

I meant to take motion sickness OTC meds, but forgot to.
M:S really didn't bother me.
I was glad I did it. And will probably go once each trip. But wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't.
DH liked it much better and I can see him riding M:S multiple times during each trip.
Agree I love ToT and RnRC MUCH better.
I liked M:S but was just as glad when it ended too. ;)
Anyone with problems with tight, enclosed dark spaces, or has problems with IMAX, should probably skip it.

I voted for the second category but would ride it again sometime on a future visit but wasn't given that choice. I didn't get sick but felt "funny" for quite a while afterwards. I liked the ride but its certainly not a must do over and over for me.

Oh, I took Bonine before I rode and its side effects were worse than the ride, felt sleepy and out of it for the rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter