Votes: 61 26.4%
  • June 1-14

Votes: 51 22.1%
  • June 15-30

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • July or greater

Votes: 28 12.1%

• Total voters
I am going with the guess that at the end of March they decide to extend the closure for another 2 weeks. Then partial openings beginning April 14.

I'm voting based on the new CDC recs of no gatherings of more than 50 for 8 weeks. Also I rescheduled my trip this week for June 2-10 and I really hope life is back to some semblance of normalcy by then.

Of course, this also depends on what happens with school too (teacher). As of right now, we're supposed to go back from Spring Break next Monday, but I will be shocked if we are actually there. Our school calendar could end up drastically changing.

I was scheduled to check in this Sunday. I changed to April 29 because that’s when I have some days off work, but I’m not too hopeful they’ll be open by then.

I think the cdc recommendations at minimum. However, I think the 8 weeks will be extended, so my thinking is it won’t open until past July. At minimum, we won’t see anything until the curve for number of cases starts to flatten out.... probably until it starts hitting a downward slope. I don’t see that anytime soon.

I voted the last two weeks of June. CDC recommends no gatherings larger than 50 people for 2 months. That puts us mid-May assuming Disney considers themselves a gathering of more than 50. Disney Shanghai closed January 25th and "partially" resumed operations March 9th "with a limited number of shopping, dining, and recreational experiences available in Disneytown, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel. Each of these resort locations will operate under limited capacity and reduced hours of operation." If WDW and DL are fully functional before June 1st I'll be surprised.

Gut tells me before Easter. 21 days should be enough since the virus i think only lives for 1-2 weeks

Gut tells me before Easter. 21 days should be enough since the virus i think only lives for 1-2 weeks

That's true. But health experts expect this to get worse before it gets better. We're not even close to the peak. I hope you're right but my gut tells you're way off.

With the caveat that I want it to be the safest option for everyone who is immunosuppressed (when it's safe for healthy people to gather without fear of carrying it back to those folks), I am going to be hopeful for April 1. We are set for MK After Hours on April 5. Will reschedule if we need to; but I am going to vote with hope! :)

I don't think it will be before mid May due to the CDC's 8 week recommendation. I worry we may not be in a better place by then. I don't know what's going to happen if society has to shut down for months on end. It is very scary :( I could easily see the closure extend beyond May, maybe even comsiderably. I wish it were different.

I moved our March 28th reservation, due to closure, to May 15th. Booked mid May being very optimistic. I voted mid June being a realest. I hope my optimism wins

I honestly believe it will be mid to end of June but picked early June being hopeful. I can say I really believe once WDW opens back up it won't be what we were used to for a much longer time.

We have a trip planned for May 3. Not feeling very optimistic that they will have the parks open by then. If they do, I think it will be a very limited park experience as they ramp back up to full steam.

I voted mid-May. We have a trip planned Memorial Day weekend, but with each passing day I feel less and less confident it will happen. Just today, I booked a room for Thanksgiving week because if we have to cancel May then that is the earliest time we would be able to go.

Earliest I could possibly imagine is...

May 15th - CMs onsite

May 21st - Resorts open
-DVC will resume as normal
-No new cash bookings will be allowed once the parks opening is announced

May 22nd - Parks open
- 2 parks open per day on a rotation which will be open to resort guests only
- All ADRs at hotels and parks will be limited to resort guests only

Only WDW official transportation can be used between parks and resorts.
All outside transportation will be closed off to WDW resort outside of Disney Springs. (Uber, Lyft, Taxi, Etc)

This will continue until there is a cure distributed in the US...even if that takes the full 18 months (Sept 21)...ooh could you imagine the public opening on 10.1.21 for the 50th birthday! That would be one heck of a WDW party!

I voted mid-May. We have a trip planned Memorial Day weekend, but with each passing day I feel less and less confident it will happen. Just today, I booked a room for Thanksgiving week because if we have to cancel May then that is the earliest time we would be able to go.

I also have a Memorial Day trip planned and booked a room in October a few days ago. I’m really not thinking my trip is going to happen.

I voted June 3.

I think we are looking at 8 weeks, minimum. Then, there will be a week or two of just getting back online.
I'm hopeful it's much sooner. We aren't due back until July at this point. (From Georgia, the heat doesn't bother us...)

We would have ducked down in May, but that's out of the question now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter