• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly Concierge in Tahiti

onthego103

Mouseketeer
What are everyone's thoughts on Conciege being located in Tahiti? We have a week booked in Poly Concierge in July, but I am a little nervous about the Concierge location. We have split our last two stays between Poly Concierge and YC Concierge once and Poly Concierge and AKL Concierge the other time. With the FT package, we can't split our stay.
In my mind, one of the many ideal things about the Poly Concierge in the past has been the location of the Hawaii longhouse. Being convenient to the GCH, the pool, and the marina were ideal. I only recall walking to TTC once, so being convenient to TTC isn't a big draw for us.
What are other people's thoughts on this? Also, how do the lagoon view rooms in Tahiti compare to those in Hawaii?
Any input on this will be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering the same thing! We are booked for GV, but I was thinking about upgrading to Concierge. I was wondering how it will be at Tahiti.

I think that there are a few of us that have some concerns about the temporary concierge set up this summer. I was really debating between the AKL concierge where I have heard so many wonderful reports and the Polynesian concierge which is typically reported as being as good as or better than AKL. I imagine we will be hearing from people in a few weeks. I have heard that the Lagoon View is even better in Tahiti than Hawaii so that should not be a worry for you. I have to think that we will be missing out on at least the great view of the lagoon and the fireworks from the Hawaii building because the lounge set up in Tahiti will be a garden view. This is a huge bummer for me because I booked a GV concierge room and will not have the lagoon view from the lounge. I am still not 100% convinced that I have made the right decision.

We're not concerned at all. We have a LV concierge room for August and are really looking forward to it. Yes it is a longer walk to some things and I can understand how this could be a concern for some people, but honestly for us it's no big deal. We don't think the walk is long at all. We've never stayed in Tahiti, but from what I've heard the rooms are a little bigger. I have faith that Disney will have the concierge up and running as smoothly as they can. Disney is a HUGE place and renovations need to be done. It can't be avoided. It seems that at any one time something is being redone, etc. We are still expecting our magic and pixie dust.

Hope everyone has a great vacation!!!

We have stayed concierge in Hawaii three times and it is wonderful but I wouldn't hesitate to stay in Tahiti. The rooms are bigger, the beach is quieter and the hallways are wider too which really opens it up visually. There is a parking lot a short walk away on the other side of Rapa Nui if you will have a car. I would love to be staying there in June but at about $100 more can't justify it when just one son and I will probably be there. I bet most people will end up loving it. Just don't forget how close the ferry is if you're returning to the resort mid-day.

BTW we prefer to watch the fireworks from the beach anyway. We tried watching from the lounge one time and ended up going outside to see what remained of them.

I am concerned aboth this too. I did not like being far from GCH last time and booked conceirge not knowing it was in this building. Are htere regular rooms in the Tonga or just suites. Should I cancel the conceirge to get closer to GCH? How long is the walk??

Greetings!

My wife and I will be staying at the Polynesian LV Conciege for the first time this fall, and I've looked into the move to Tahiti (as any good Disney planning fanatic would;) )

There is a wonderful guy, Tikiman, who has a Polynesian Web Site and a Polynesian Message Forum. He addresses many of the issues coming up here: the move to Tahiti, room views, concierge, etc.

Below is some Tikiman info from the 'Walk Times' thread of his Message Forum:

Now for those who think the Polynesian is big or you need a building close to the GCH. Here are the times around the resort and I even stoped to smell the flowers.

Hawaii to the GCH 2 minutes
Tokelau to the Volcano pool walking the beach 4 minutes
Tahiti to the Volcano pool walking the beach 4 minutes
Tahiti to the GCH 3 minutes taking the path through the resort.
Tuvalu to the GCH 2 minutes

Now from one end to the other from Aotearoa to Tahiti 6 minutes

Now anyone who thinks 6 minutes or less is too long to walk or walk in the rain should not be walking in a park at WDW :jester:

I suggest that you all take a look; a lot of my questions - and concerns - were addressed by the very helpful information at these sites.

Erick

WE just upgraded to LV concierge for July!! I hear Tahiti is a wonderful bldg. I know the staff there will do everything they can to make it great like Hawaii!! Some say the view is better from Tahiti!!:D

We're not concierge people. The food options are not enticing enough for us to justify the extra cost. That having been said we are bummed about concierge moving to Tahiti this summer because WE wanted lagoon view in Tahiti! We loved being on the ground floor with the sandy beach right in front of our door. You can literally walk out onto the paito and watch the fireworks over the castle. We also had an unobstructed view of Space Mountain and it was so charmming to hear the ferryboats from the TTC call out across the water. We loved staying at the Tahiti and look forward to getting back ther another year when you concierge folks are moved out. There is no view as nice as a Tahiti lagoon view!

Okay, you all have me very excited. I just changed my fairy tale package from the BWV to the Polynesian Concierge Lagoon View. I can hardly wait!

Hi lucysdad! What room(s) have you stayed in at Tahiti? I am looking for a good view! Thanks for your help!!:D

Nysie -

We'll be there oct 21-31st... when are you planning on being there? (not that I want to compete with you for the room with best view or anything...) My DW and I are so excited! We haven't been back to the poly since our honeymoon!

The info about the beach right outside your door, watching the fireworks all sounds so delightful! I bet there isn't a bad room in the entire building... except the smoking ones... blaechk.

Darian

We stayed in Tahiti back in 97 when it was Moorea. We were in room 301 if I remember correctly. View was somewhat blocked with a palm tree, but still not bad. This is the end closest to the main building and farther from the TTC.

I have never stayed in the Hawaii Longhouse before, but I have stayed in Tahiti. We spent some time in Hawaii because we were on the Grand Plan and had access to concierge lounge.
From what I saw... I would prefer to stay in Tahiti. Tahiti bathrooms have two sinks, Tahiti has balconies, our room in Tahiti had a perfect view of the castle and fireworks each night and Tahiti has the beautiful beach and a little more privacy due to the distance frlom the GCH. With all they walking one does at the parks, the extra few minutes walk to the GCH is nothing.

Everyone keeps posting that if since you walk in the park you should not worry about the walk to GCH. The issue is you ALREADY walk so much and who wants to arrive dripping wet to the monorail or fried form the heat or walk all that way to pick up something or go to the pool. The point is to save yourself for the park and have convience at home is that not the main point of conceirge- covience so why would they put it at the far end of the hotel. It's not that the walk is that far on its own but you try dragging 3 kids across the hotel to then drag them in the heat and rain through the parks every little savings of energy and coolness helps when you tour alone with 3 kids and grandma!

Oh my. Honestly, someone who is going to be worn out from the extra three minute walk from the Tahiti to the GCH is really going to have a hard time at the parks.
The logic that three minutes of additional walking isn't going to matter in the grand scheme of things still makes sense, plus the balcony alone makes it worth it to me. It's just my .02 cents.

Oh my honestly add up how many times you run over to the GCH and it could be an additional mile or 2 a day and no its not a big deal but the convience of being next door is just that more convient. I have no problem doing the walking and making a few trips a year and doing at least 2 parks a day usually 3 the walking in the parks is not an issue I would just like to be closer to GCH at the hotel and have conseige especially because we are going in the heat and rain season so sue me!! Cord You are a little judgemental don't you think.

We'll be in the Polynesian Concierge LV October 1-8, and I'm very happy we'll be in Tahiti! Two main reasons: we'll be closer to the TTC, and it will be a lot more private. I know we'll need to go to GCH for some things, but with Concierge supplying drinks and snacks, I bet we'll make more trips to/from TTC than GCH.

Ha! Just thought of something - if the Tahiti -> GCH walk is too tiring / too hot / too rainy, simply take the oh so short walk to the TTC then catch the monorail to GCH!

Now you've got options! :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter