Poly daybed

skiwee1

DIS Veteran
I've been to the Polynesian twice now but have never had to sleep on the daybed. That being said we are going back in October and there will be 4 of us. My mother will get one bed, my 4 y/o dd and I will share the other bed. That leaves the daybed for my 20 y/o dd. She is only 5'3" and 110 lbs if that makes a difference. I just read somewhere else that the daybeds are uncomfortable. We are spending 10 days there and I am wondering if it will be that bad in that bed for that long? Anyone?:confused:

My 11 year old is a little smaller than that and he spent 12 nights on the daybed there. :D He said that a slimy rock would be preferable to sharing a bed with his brother but I'm sure he would have complained if it were uncomfortable.

My 5' 10" son had no problem with the daybed at the Poly. He thought it was quite comfy.

He also finds sleeping on a bed of straw covered with an oil cloth and wool blanket in a dog tent comfortable when participating in civil war reenactment encampments, :rolleyes: but he had the choice of the day bed with a view of the castle, or a queen without the view and chose the daybed--even after the first night!

Anne

My son slept on the daybed at the Polynesian. He was 17yo, 5ft7in and weighed about 150lbs. He slept just fine. My dh also took a nap on the daybed (6ft1in 200lbs) and he said it was comfortable. Unlike the daybeds at some of the other deluxe resorts, the daybeds at the Polynesian are the same size as a twin bed. Your dd will be fine.

I am a "Pooh" size mom and enjoyed sleeping on the daybed! Was actually forlorned when I had to turn it over to DD for her turn!

I slept on it a few times when my husband got his turn with the son while the two nieces slept in the other bed. It was about twin sized and very comfortable. I'm no teeny person.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses! After reading all of them I'm sure DD will be fine. She is so happy to be going back to WDW that she probably wouldn't complain anyway but I was wondering. Thanks again!:D

The daybeds at the Polynesian are very comfortable. We have a King size bed at home .... and so a few years ago when I was pregnant and trying to share the queen size bed at the Polynesian with my husband I gave up and slept on the daybed ... I was soooooo surprized at how comfortable it was! I was a prego momma with kiddo #5 ... and didn't mind the daybed at all!!!!

Enjoy the Polynesian!

My VERY picky DD used the daybed when we stayed at the Poly (she preferred it over sleeping with her sister!) and loved it. I took a nap on it one day and it was perfectly comfortable. I'm sure your DD with be fine.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Adding my 2 cents, my son who was 13 last year and about 5'6'' slept very well on the Poly daybed. He is pretty picky and does not like the pull-out sofas at the villas. He says it was very comfy. He will be sleeping on one again this year and he's older and taller! Turn-down service even leaves candies on the daybed once they figure out someone is using it. He thought that was so nice!! I think your daughter will be fine.

Have a Wonderful Vacation!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter